4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This is my HG of lip balm type products, and I have tried so many, with price ranges from about $2 to about $30. This is the only one that I find feels really good on, does not break out the skin surrounding my lips, has reasonably healthy ingredients, no detectable fragrance, no irritants, and heals my chapped lips in the winter no matter how severe they have gotten. I even use it on the skin around my lips in the winter, as it gets chapped too, and this product even helps with that. I could not live without this in the winter, but I use it all year long. This goes out of stock on the Prescriptives web site all the time, unfortunately, so I can tell I am not the only person who feels this way. Definitely my HG.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

This is a lovely product but expensive. Nivea Pure and Natural milk and Honey and Body Shop's Cocoa Butter sticks are just as good, and also without silicone, parabens and SPF. Given the last, these are for night-time or indoor use. Also, I don't like the pot packaging -- germs.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I have been using this for the past 2-3 years and I rarely have any issues with my lips. I usually just apply it at night before I got to bed. I just re-ordered it online, the last jar I had probably lasted for about 4 months. So you get a good amount of product for the price, and the price is comparable with other products of this type. It can be hard to get since Prescriptives no longer has cosmetics counters and items are available online on the Prescriptives website sporadically. Just make sure you sign up for the e-mail list so you are notified when new products are available and stock up when you can! Several Prescriptives products are HG items for me and this is one of them.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

This product is a lot better than other lip balms out there. It moisturizes well and I don't have to reapply often as I do with other products. However, it builds up on the lips and then has a whitish tint. Also, I don't think this makes my lips *look* better. I'm a chapstick addict and have tried almost everything out there and I've tried some that make my lips look good and healthy (pink and supple) while also moisturizing. This one doesn't make my lips look good....sometimes after the product wears away, my lips look kind of wrinkly. Never had that problem with other products. I might try this as nighttime lip treatment since it does moisturize well though. EDIT: I've tried using this as solely a nighttime treatment and it works very well. My lips are moisturized and soft in the morning. I'm rating this a 4 now. I won't use this during the day time anymore.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I love this stuff! It is my HG of lip moisturizers.It can make ur lips look white if u use too much of it but it really helps with my chapped lips

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrown

10 years ago

I recently found this product & LOVE it! I am so bummed that Prescriptives is going out of business. I just ordered another two of these and will order more soon so I'll have it for a while. I love using it at night as well as during the day. I've only had the container a little over a month and it's close to being used up already so it is a bit pricey. But it won't be around much longer.......enjoy it while you can!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBrown

EyesHazel

10 years ago

One word. Addicted. That's all- love this stuff and have a few jars in the drawer because Prescriptives will no longer sell product after 12/31/2009 from what Nordstroms said. I wonder how long 4 jars will last??

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

One of the best moisturising lip treatments I have used. It provides a satin finish and is great under lipstick. When used at night, it will loosen dead skin such that in the morning you can give your lips a quick rub and the excess skin will come off with no irritation. Virtually no scent and no taste makes this a versatile lip balm, you hardly notice you have anything on your lips. The only I don’t like is the fact that it comes in a pot and the fact that it’s pricey. Its very fine in texture and you can adjust coverage easily, not goopy or thick like C.O Bigelows balms. This is miles ahead of burst bees, MAC tendertones, carmex, chapstick and most other drugstore brands. It is not waxy at all and provides slight but not too much slip. This would be great for guys also.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I'm a fan of lip balms and prefer these little tubs. My are prone to dryness so I always have a few on the go. Really like this as a night time products and days I'm not wearing lip stick. I don't get the minty scent like the eve lom, la mer or origins all of which I use .

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Good product! For nighttime treatment. Don't try to put lip color atop this stuff. Moisturizes lips very well. I prefer sticks/wands over pots, so packaging could be better. But, I like what's in that pot. Even if it does cost $15. Grrrr...

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair