Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.3

on 5/2/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was really disappointed with this fragrance. I love spicy and woodsy scents and I'm a big fan of Christian Dior Addict and Calvin Klein Euphoria. Both which I've gotten compliments on as they are really great long lasting fragrances. This one disappeared as soon as I applied it. No matter when or how I applied it lasted only long enough for one whiff. (two lippies off) Smells great but I wouldn't buy this again. Also the bottle made it tricky to spray and it kind of leaked. Not what I want to happen when I purchase a $90 bottle.

on 4/2/2016 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Not so nice

on 11/20/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this perfume, so much that I wore it on my wedding day. So unique and lasts all day and worth the money.

on 3/25/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I want to begin my review by saying that this is NOTHING like the original Opium so if you're buying this with the unbeatable original in mind you'll be very disappointed.
Black Opium is nothing new. It's a 'floral' gourmand. If you've smelled la vie est belle or flowerbomb then you pretty much know how this will play out. It starts out sharp with a blast of citrus that is quickly overtaken, covered, then promptly buried by jammy sticky goey sweetness. The 'florals' are nondescript, jasmin? Gardenia? Huh? This is follwed by a tiny whiff of something creamy & when I concentrate really hard i smell something reminiscent of those hazelnut coffees you buy from the coffee machines at hospital waiting rooms.indeed the entire impression i get from this perfume is sugar, sugar & more ingredients that emphasize that this entire concotion is supposed to be SWEET. Then i start getting a strong clean laundry musk. The drydown is the usual vanilla, amber drydown that we've had over & over again. The entire perfume is a case of deja vu. Some elements of Coco noir with less focus, some elements of black orchid with the coffee note idea, lots of Angel influence with the gourmand inspiration. I really don't like this perfume plus it smells cheap & plastic yet it costs too much.

Popular Fragrances