Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My boyfriend bought me this and I love it! It's a great Fall/Winter scent. It's strong but not cloying, sweet but not gourmand. I wear it day and night, although some people might think it's more of a night time, going out scent.

From Fragrantica: "Notes of coffee, present in large quantities, dominate the scent. Additional accords are pink pepper, orange blossom, jasmine, vanilla, patchouli and cedar."

I'm a coffee fiend and love oriental vanilla fragrances, so that might explain my attraction to this perfume. The sillage is strong at first but dies down after about an hour. I would probably need to respray this every 4-5 hours.

I would describe this perfume as warm, feminine, cozy, inviting, sensual, and glamorous.

on 6/29/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, its very sweet and musky, i think its very unique and different from all the perfumes girls my age wear. It lasts all day but the packaging bothers me a bit because you cant tell how much you have left. I know that its quite expensive but its YSL so what could you expect?

on 6/11/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a soft fragrance that wasn't cloying nor too floral. I used to wear Angel which was far too sweet and Sicily from D&G which is now discontinued.
The original Opium is far too spicy and musky. Black Opium is much softer and sweeter and is the sort of fragrance I can wear everyday without worrying that I am suffocating anyone.
I just bought it yesterday, so I can't say it's my favourite perfume just yet... I find that I need to apply a lot so that when it dries down, there is still some scent on my skin.
But the scent itself would suit anyone who enjoys a soft gourmand and patchouli. :)