Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Considering my lower rating, I'd buy it again. It's definitely not worth the money, but I would purchase again.

The bottle is ugly. That's always a big deal for me when it comes to perfume. It doesn't match the fragrance whatsoever. This is a feminine and classical fragrance with mystery and energy. The bottle belongs on Boy George's vanity. It screams tacky 80's sequins and glittering black faux leather boots.

The fragrance however is beautiful. I catch deep sweet notes, definitely smell the coffee. That is what got me to purchase something so trendy. I adore coffee in every way. I also smell wonderful magnolia blossom and white florals. It's coffee and flowers and caramel candy. It's gorgeous!

Just no staying power. For $72 an ounce, that's a tad bit unacceptable. The bottle is ugly and it doesn't last very long. I will repurchase sparingly.

I got a sample of Black Opium, tried it, loved it! It is a sweet coffee vanilla blend - to my untrained nose anyway! I paid €57 for a 50ml edp bottle. The bottle is decorative but I keep my perfumes in a drawer so that doesn’t matter.
I have never had a YSL perfume before and am impressed! I don’t usually go for sweet scents but this is fun!

on 1/31/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this perfume sooo much but I’ve had a massive allergic reaction to this product. I’ve never been allergic to a perfume before but this causes my chest to go all scaley, dries out, scabs up and feels like I have serious sun burn. I couldn’t work out what was causing it for ages as it didn’t come up until the day after I use it but it’s exactly where I spray it every time. Gutted

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 AM

Blind buy cuz I read the notes and I wanted to smell like coffee.. lol. It smells really good, like Alien layered w/a vanilla perfume. I got a purse spray and wish I had gotten the full size bottle. I don’t smell like a Frappuccino but it’s alright lol. It doesn’t trigger my migraines so I’m happy

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

on 4/3/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy wearing Black Opium. It smells delicious, yet slightly mysterious. This is perfect for fans of Hypnotic Poison and La Vie Est Belle (ME). It doesn't smell like either of them, but, as a fragrance it embodies the same idea of elegant sweetness. It reminds me of chocolate, and coffee, and orange blossoms...some of my very favorite things in life! For some reason this perfume generates a lot of negativity among fragrance reviewers. Personally, I don't care that it's not a "masterpiece", because I couldn't afford it if it was. And I don't mind that it doesn't smell like the original Opium. In my experience, the original Opium repels those around me more effectively than Roach Killer. My husband, kids, friends, and random strangers all compliment Black Opium, year-round. I guess it just works with my chemistry. I recently purchased Black Opium Floral Shock and I'm loving it, as well, especially as the weather heats up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love the sultry scent combination and incredible lasting power of this fragrance! This one combines coffee, jasmine, vanilla, and a host of other yummy notes. I sprayed it on in the early evening and woke up smelling my perfume as though it had just been applied. Everyone who has smelled this on me thinks it's a fantastic fragrance, and I get compliments all the time. It's strong and heavy, but it's another one knocked out of the park by YSL, IMO.

on 9/29/2016 3:03:00 PM

I'm in love with this fragrance. It is sweet but I have always loved sweet scents. I can't wear most fragrances without my eyes watering and getting a headache but this is an exception. I had a delivery man come in my office right after I sprayed this and he took a picture so he could get it for his wife. He said it was the best thing he ever smelled!

on 1/17/2016 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is slowly becoming my signature scent, and I absolutely love it (despite the price...)

Popular Fragrances