Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.0

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

on 11/24/2016 1:04:00 AM

Omg I love this scent it stays put all day smells crisp and clean with a touch of floral and a bit woodsy hard to explain just oh soooo good ... mmmmmm my man loves it

on 8/21/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very very sweet scent. A tad too much. Feels a bit like celebrity perfumes, a bit cheap in my opinion. Like too much vanilla. The tester was better for some reason. Would not buy again as i does not feel chic or sophisticated or special.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Black Opium is an edgy, smoky bad girl with a touch of sweetness. Most prominent notes are coffee, jasmine sambac, almond, and vanilla. It's sexy and comforting at the same time. If a fragrance were a place, this would be a coffee shop that served drinks and played jazz at night. Men love it. Similar qualities with Trouble by Boucheron and the cult classic BY by Dolce & Gabanna.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got a tester that was enough for me to try it about 5 times. Well, it is sexy and fun. BUT. It disappears very quickly and the very last note that lingers around feels totally fake and synthetic (this was the deal breaker for me). It is exactly the note you can smell in a Warm vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body Works, which is about 10 times cheaper, if not more. I don't mind the price, but I don't want to smell like half of women out there. Going back to Chanel Mademoiselle EDT (not EDP)

So I ordered the rollerball on Sephora.com because I was so sure that this was going to become a favorite of mine. I remembered smelling it at a counter when I went out of town, but never bothered to actually spritz a little on myself--forgetting that the smell would change a little once on the skin... Now I don't think the scent is bad, but I do think it's very mediocre. It's actually very similar to Lancome's 'La Vie Belle', which is almost a carbon copy of Flowerbomb (When I smell them one after the other anyway.

on 12/29/2015 12:40:00 PM

This does smell a lot like Loverdose by Diesel, but I do like it a lot! it is sweet but not to sweet, but it may only last on me for about 3-4 hours which is disappointing. I don't get any of the coffee out of it, I sprayed some on my mum to see if it smelt any different on her and it smelt just like it did on me. I think most people can wear this perfume, I would say it's more of a day time perfume, I know some say night time but I don't find it heavy/strong enough for night time. overall it's ok nothing special I wouldn't buy it again.

on 12/17/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately I didn't like this and really wanted to. Was really hoping you could smell the coffee notes in this one, but the coffee just meekly wanders in behind the strong fruity flowers and sits shyly in the corner before it slips out of the room unoticed. Honestly this smells like every other popular perfume on the market. La vie a belle, Armani Si, and flower bomb. If u already own one of those perfumes I would spend money on this one.

on 11/25/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I honestly don't like this perfume very much. I was given it as a present, I thought it would be like the original opium but it was far from it.

It smells very smokey sweet and dark. It is very strong and the reason I did not like it, was because it was pungent. If you have ever smelt DKNY Delicious Night mixed with Victoria Secret's Vanilla Lace, that is how I would describe it. In my opinion not a good mix.

I have to really be in a mood to be able to wear this. If I am honest, I almost hate it, I only wear it because I know SOME guys like it, I have been given some compliments but usually much more wearing a lighter feminine fragrance - Daisy Dream. Really not impressed for a YSL perfume.

Although it doesn't smell great, I did give it 3 stars for the fact it is very unique. I've never smelt anything like it. When I take a whiff I initially get a quite strong spicy note of aniseed mixed with coffee/tobacco and a strong vanilla undertone to the spice. I do smell a hint of floral, but more a sort of dark floral note very heavy too. Maybe Jasmine, but not your fresh sweet scent of Jasmine, more a heavy smoky smelling floral scent. It's also a little peppery, I can detect a little frankincense. In addition there is a touch of a cologne smell to it.

The main reason I dislike this perfume is because when I used to smoke, I would use pungent sickly perfumes to hide the cigarette stench from my parents, or at least to distract them from the smell of smoke. This is exactly what it smelt like to me. Too much, over the top, pungent and most of all not the best combination of notes. I would think floral notes would suit an overly spicy scent more, rather than an overly sweet one. In my opinion the two notes majorly repel each other which is the biggest let down for me.

In terms of price, this was very expensive and I don't think it is worth the price. It was more expensive than YSL Cinema, which was a perfume I really liked. I also liked roses by YSL. Both fantastic perfumes were much cheaper. I felt a little disappointed by this one.

on 10/25/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Kind of a boring fragrance imho, it doesn't wow but its a crowd pleaser.

Popular Fragrances