Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this in an Ulta order and it was absolute love at first sniff! I'm not a perfume expert by any stretch, I just know what I like. It's so sensual, sultry and believe it or not, pairs nicely with BB&W's Dark Kiss body wash and lotion. It fades down on me in a few hours, but that's all right, if I want to refresh it I'll take the tiny EDP spray I got recently and use it. My husband is sensitive to smells, and thankfully this one doesn't set his allergies off, and he likes it quite a bit.

I forsee a purchase of a bigger bottle in the near future!

on 4/23/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful fragrance but it doesn't last at all... Too expensive for such a small sillage and longevity. Thankfully I was able to find something similar that would get me an alluring scent with lasting power. Coco Mademoiselle Intense. Unexpected, yes.

I got a sample of Black Opium, tried it, loved it! It is a sweet coffee vanilla blend - to my untrained nose anyway! I paid €57 for a 50ml edp bottle. The bottle is decorative but I keep my perfumes in a drawer so that doesn’t matter.
I have never had a YSL perfume before and am impressed! I don’t usually go for sweet scents but this is fun!

The fragrance is okay, it seems like there are a thousand more similar. I like a lighter more natural scent. This scent is one that would give a headache after a while.

on 2/25/2018 12:16:00 PM

Great scent but not original at all. Sweet, floral, and fruity. It's like another version of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. If you're a big fan of that one, then definitely check this out. But if you're looking for something different and new, this isn't the one for you.

Nice, but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this, the coffee is indeed noticeable. It's quite strong and long lasting. To me it smells provocative, very sexy and perfect for clubbing. For some reason I mentally associate it with wearing a black leather short dress at night. So as I said, a bit on the provocative side. Took one star off because it's not very unique, but it's still a very good perfume.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 1/31/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this perfume sooo much but I’ve had a massive allergic reaction to this product. I’ve never been allergic to a perfume before but this causes my chest to go all scaley, dries out, scabs up and feels like I have serious sun burn. I couldn’t work out what was causing it for ages as it didn’t come up until the day after I use it but it’s exactly where I spray it every time. Gutted

on 1/20/2018 9:21:00 PM

Just tried a sample .Will most DEFINITELY purchase! It LASTS ALL DAY- KEPT its fragrance! Not a lot of expensive perfumes do this & I've purchased some expensive perfumes. I was looking for something new. To be honest, I'm still looking, but THIS is on my "going to buy" list! Love it! (P.S.-dont care about price b/c you sometimes get what you pay for, & dont know about packaging, as I just tried a sample) I only gave 3 on each, but it wasnt fair since I havent purchased as of yet, but fully intend to.I truly love this perfume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

Popular Fragrances