Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

on 9/24/2016 11:44:00 AM

It's a nice enough fragrance that I can't seem to get behind :(

I've tested it again and again since it first came out. I don't get much coffee-- on me initial blast is actually quite soapy-- maybe im getting the whiff of patch first?

Then it quickly becomes a burnt sugared vanilla. This take may actually be a skin chemistry thing bc dior vanilla compilations sadly smell similar on me-- not a deep vanilla but a burnt sugar vanilla (think bath and body works warm vanilla sugar....).

And that's as far as the perfume goes on me. Just a burnt sugar vanilla with lots of patch kicking in the background.

It just seems to resonate "hey im a heavy hitter"-- but then declares little else.

Fwiw one I sprayed this on a friend I didn't care for the smell of it on her either.

on 11/29/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised to see this isn't rated higher. I got this as a tester and really quite like it. It's definitely has a sweet smell more than anything - it's vanilla but the undertones of the coffee give it a very deep smell. I don't smell anything that screams COFFEE(that'd be a weird perfume I think), but the slight notes are there. I find this to be a smooth, rich, sensual, and warm scent. It's amazing for fall/winter. It seems to wear for a while too without being overpowering, which I love. Only 4/5 because I didn't fall in love with it, but it's still one of my faves.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My boyfriend bought me this and I love it! It's a great Fall/Winter scent. It's strong but not cloying, sweet but not gourmand. I wear it day and night, although some people might think it's more of a night time, going out scent.

From Fragrantica: "Notes of coffee, present in large quantities, dominate the scent. Additional accords are pink pepper, orange blossom, jasmine, vanilla, patchouli and cedar."

I'm a coffee fiend and love oriental vanilla fragrances, so that might explain my attraction to this perfume. The sillage is strong at first but dies down after about an hour. I would probably need to respray this every 4-5 hours.

I would describe this perfume as warm, feminine, cozy, inviting, sensual, and glamorous.

on 10/25/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Kind of a boring fragrance imho, it doesn't wow but its a crowd pleaser.

on 6/29/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, its very sweet and musky, i think its very unique and different from all the perfumes girls my age wear. It lasts all day but the packaging bothers me a bit because you cant tell how much you have left. I know that its quite expensive but its YSL so what could you expect?

Popular Fragrances