Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 1/20/2018 9:21:00 PM

Just tried a sample .Will most DEFINITELY purchase! It LASTS ALL DAY- KEPT its fragrance! Not a lot of expensive perfumes do this & I've purchased some expensive perfumes. I was looking for something new. To be honest, I'm still looking, but THIS is on my "going to buy" list! Love it! (P.S.-dont care about price b/c you sometimes get what you pay for, & dont know about packaging, as I just tried a sample) I only gave 3 on each, but it wasnt fair since I havent purchased as of yet, but fully intend to.I truly love this perfume!

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

Smells like Britney Spears In Control. It's fine. Kind of a sweet floriental. It does not smell like the original Opium. I don't smell coffee, or pastries or a snowy afternoon in a cafe or anything. I do smell syrupy, burnt caramel, gloppy nude lip gloss, extra mascara, bad dance moves, big earrings, last call and throbbing hangovers (must be my personal connection with In Control, lol). The black glittery bottle is SO tacky, but it fits the fragrance. This is party girl juice. The scent has good lasting power. Bought it for the memories and the present coziness. Will be a good fall scent, but I don't foresee a long term relationship with this lady. We shall see. I tend towards the garish. Overall I think I like it.

on 12/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing. My signature scent. It's pricey, but worth it considering how well it stays on me. I could even smell it still after a shower (no joke). That's how I knew this baby was a keeper. It's a very warm, sensual and sweet scent. It's totally up my alley.

Will repurchase.

on 11/24/2016 1:04:00 AM

Omg I love this scent it stays put all day smells crisp and clean with a touch of floral and a bit woodsy hard to explain just oh soooo good ... mmmmmm my man loves it

on 9/29/2016 3:03:00 PM

I'm in love with this fragrance. It is sweet but I have always loved sweet scents. I can't wear most fragrances without my eyes watering and getting a headache but this is an exception. I had a delivery man come in my office right after I sprayed this and he took a picture so he could get it for his wife. He said it was the best thing he ever smelled!

on 8/21/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very very sweet scent. A tad too much. Feels a bit like celebrity perfumes, a bit cheap in my opinion. Like too much vanilla. The tester was better for some reason. Would not buy again as i does not feel chic or sophisticated or special.

This was voted Best Fragrance by Allure Magazine for 2015. How would I describe it ? If you mixed together Jessica Simpson's "Fancy" and a touch of Thierry Mugler "Angel," I think you would end up with this scent. It's a gourmand with a bit of grit - not cloyingly sweet, thanks to the addition of a coffee note. Others have compared this to Lancome's "La Vie Est Belle" but that scent lacks the sweet component you get with "Black Opium." I am wearing this on one of the hottest days of the summer, but I think this would be a perfect scent for a cool, fall day. When I wear "Angel," I always worry about offending others given its potency but that's not a concern with this scent. It morphs into a sweet, subtle yet noticeable aura. Sadly, it's lacking it terms of longevity - a few hours at best. That is what kept me from giving this a 5-star rating. For the $, I expected more in terms of wear. If you are prepared to reapply, this one is certainly worth checking out for fall.

on 6/11/2016 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I took a chance on the body oil and I am smitten! Love it and even put it on before bed! warm and sweet spicy. But not too much.

Popular Fragrances