Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this in an Ulta order and it was absolute love at first sniff! I'm not a perfume expert by any stretch, I just know what I like. It's so sensual, sultry and believe it or not, pairs nicely with BB&W's Dark Kiss body wash and lotion. It fades down on me in a few hours, but that's all right, if I want to refresh it I'll take the tiny EDP spray I got recently and use it. My husband is sensitive to smells, and thankfully this one doesn't set his allergies off, and he likes it quite a bit.

I forsee a purchase of a bigger bottle in the near future!

on 2/25/2018 12:16:00 PM

Great scent but not original at all. Sweet, floral, and fruity. It's like another version of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. If you're a big fan of that one, then definitely check this out. But if you're looking for something different and new, this isn't the one for you.

Nice, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 1/20/2018 9:21:00 PM

Just tried a sample .Will most DEFINITELY purchase! It LASTS ALL DAY- KEPT its fragrance! Not a lot of expensive perfumes do this & I've purchased some expensive perfumes. I was looking for something new. To be honest, I'm still looking, but THIS is on my "going to buy" list! Love it! (P.S.-dont care about price b/c you sometimes get what you pay for, & dont know about packaging, as I just tried a sample) I only gave 3 on each, but it wasnt fair since I havent purchased as of yet, but fully intend to.I truly love this perfume!

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

Smells like Britney Spears In Control. It's fine. Kind of a sweet floriental. It does not smell like the original Opium. I don't smell coffee, or pastries or a snowy afternoon in a cafe or anything. I do smell syrupy, burnt caramel, gloppy nude lip gloss, extra mascara, bad dance moves, big earrings, last call and throbbing hangovers (must be my personal connection with In Control, lol). The black glittery bottle is SO tacky, but it fits the fragrance. This is party girl juice. The scent has good lasting power. Bought it for the memories and the present coziness. Will be a good fall scent, but I don't foresee a long term relationship with this lady. We shall see. I tend towards the garish. Overall I think I like it.

on 12/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing. My signature scent. It's pricey, but worth it considering how well it stays on me. I could even smell it still after a shower (no joke). That's how I knew this baby was a keeper. It's a very warm, sensual and sweet scent. It's totally up my alley.

Will repurchase.

on 11/24/2016 1:04:00 AM

Omg I love this scent it stays put all day smells crisp and clean with a touch of floral and a bit woodsy hard to explain just oh soooo good ... mmmmmm my man loves it

on 9/29/2016 3:03:00 PM

I'm in love with this fragrance. It is sweet but I have always loved sweet scents. I can't wear most fragrances without my eyes watering and getting a headache but this is an exception. I had a delivery man come in my office right after I sprayed this and he took a picture so he could get it for his wife. He said it was the best thing he ever smelled!

on 8/21/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very very sweet scent. A tad too much. Feels a bit like celebrity perfumes, a bit cheap in my opinion. Like too much vanilla. The tester was better for some reason. Would not buy again as i does not feel chic or sophisticated or special.

Popular Fragrances