Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 AM

Blind buy cuz I read the notes and I wanted to smell like coffee.. lol. It smells really good, like Alien layered w/a vanilla perfume. I got a purse spray and wish I had gotten the full size bottle. I don’t smell like a Frappuccino but it’s alright lol. It doesn’t trigger my migraines so I’m happy

on 12/31/2017 12:52:00 AM

A fairly generic fruity floral. Nothing special about this one at all. As others have said, this one reminds me of several mediocre celebrity perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this perfume for Christmas 2016 because I love Edie Campbell in the advert! I'm so glad I got this because it smells Amazing!! The smell lasts such a long time too! Probably longer than any of my other perfumes. It is the EDP though and not the EDT, so it is more concentrated. It's not the cheapest fragrance so I save it for very special occasions and nights out

on 10/30/2017 6:21:00 PM

The top notes are great, but after wearing it for awhile I noticed the undertone of something I found unpleasant.

Smells like Britney Spears In Control. It's fine. Kind of a sweet floriental. It does not smell like the original Opium. I don't smell coffee, or pastries or a snowy afternoon in a cafe or anything. I do smell syrupy, burnt caramel, gloppy nude lip gloss, extra mascara, bad dance moves, big earrings, last call and throbbing hangovers (must be my personal connection with In Control, lol). The black glittery bottle is SO tacky, but it fits the fragrance. This is party girl juice. The scent has good lasting power. Bought it for the memories and the present coziness. Will be a good fall scent, but I don't foresee a long term relationship with this lady. We shall see. I tend towards the garish. Overall I think I like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love the sultry scent combination and incredible lasting power of this fragrance! This one combines coffee, jasmine, vanilla, and a host of other yummy notes. I sprayed it on in the early evening and woke up smelling my perfume as though it had just been applied. Everyone who has smelled this on me thinks it's a fantastic fragrance, and I get compliments all the time. It's strong and heavy, but it's another one knocked out of the park by YSL, IMO.

on 12/13/2016 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Amazing, long lasting fragrance. It might be too sweet for somebody but I love it. I have received it as a gift and already ran out, I will definitely buy it again.

on 10/12/2016 5:24:00 PM

This stuff smells so yummy. It's a dark sexy intoxicating smell. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes but not this one. My husband can't help but walk up and take a deep whiff whenever I wear this. It makes me feel like a goddess!

on 9/24/2016 11:44:00 AM

It's a nice enough fragrance that I can't seem to get behind :(

I've tested it again and again since it first came out. I don't get much coffee-- on me initial blast is actually quite soapy-- maybe im getting the whiff of patch first?

Then it quickly becomes a burnt sugared vanilla. This take may actually be a skin chemistry thing bc dior vanilla compilations sadly smell similar on me-- not a deep vanilla but a burnt sugar vanilla (think bath and body works warm vanilla sugar....).

And that's as far as the perfume goes on me. Just a burnt sugar vanilla with lots of patch kicking in the background.

It just seems to resonate "hey im a heavy hitter"-- but then declares little else.

Fwiw one I sprayed this on a friend I didn't care for the smell of it on her either.

Popular Fragrances