Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this, the coffee is indeed noticeable. It's quite strong and long lasting. To me it smells provocative, very sexy and perfect for clubbing. For some reason I mentally associate it with wearing a black leather short dress at night. So as I said, a bit on the provocative side. Took one star off because it's not very unique, but it's still a very good perfume.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 1/31/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this perfume sooo much but I’ve had a massive allergic reaction to this product. I’ve never been allergic to a perfume before but this causes my chest to go all scaley, dries out, scabs up and feels like I have serious sun burn. I couldn’t work out what was causing it for ages as it didn’t come up until the day after I use it but it’s exactly where I spray it every time. Gutted

on 1/20/2018 9:21:00 PM

Just tried a sample .Will most DEFINITELY purchase! It LASTS ALL DAY- KEPT its fragrance! Not a lot of expensive perfumes do this & I've purchased some expensive perfumes. I was looking for something new. To be honest, I'm still looking, but THIS is on my "going to buy" list! Love it! (P.S.-dont care about price b/c you sometimes get what you pay for, & dont know about packaging, as I just tried a sample) I only gave 3 on each, but it wasnt fair since I havent purchased as of yet, but fully intend to.I truly love this perfume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 AM

Blind buy cuz I read the notes and I wanted to smell like coffee.. lol. It smells really good, like Alien layered w/a vanilla perfume. I got a purse spray and wish I had gotten the full size bottle. I don’t smell like a Frappuccino but it’s alright lol. It doesn’t trigger my migraines so I’m happy

on 12/31/2017 12:52:00 AM

A fairly generic fruity floral. Nothing special about this one at all. As others have said, this one reminds me of several mediocre celebrity perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this perfume for Christmas 2016 because I love Edie Campbell in the advert! I'm so glad I got this because it smells Amazing!! The smell lasts such a long time too! Probably longer than any of my other perfumes. It is the EDP though and not the EDT, so it is more concentrated. It's not the cheapest fragrance so I save it for very special occasions and nights out

on 10/30/2017 6:21:00 PM

The top notes are great, but after wearing it for awhile I noticed the undertone of something I found unpleasant.

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

Popular Fragrances