Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love any different or sensual deep perfumes so this was an instant intrest for me. People have been saying it's got very strong levels of black coffee in it... - i myself wouldn't say really strong, but on the plus side, a soft, lingering coffee scent that isn't nearly as strong as is sounds in all the advertising and so forth. The scent is actually very sweet, but with the coffee base notes it makes it classy and more wearable that your typical teens rocker perfume. I love that it contains all three of my favourite 'parfum scents' together in one, jasmine, vanilla, and patchouli... But it also contains that mild coffee smell as well! Love it! I'm not so sure about the bottle, in a way i like it, rocker girl edge style... but it could have been made into a better style bottle for such a pretty perfume i think. Still, it's not bad, and beautiful smell. One for the ages ysl!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is soooo addictive it must contain crack cocaine , the coffee nite stands out fir me first then I get flowers and vanilla in dry down. It's not the most amazing lasting power it wears away fairly quickly I just spray more coz I love it , howeve I bought mine half used on ebay so I'm less bothered as it was a good price if you paid full in shops it may piss u off a bit.
The bottle keeps getting picked up so I know it's a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this at Sephora. I adore this scent. On me it doesn't put off as too sweet. It's a good combination of sweet and warm. I've tried flower bomb and it is similar but with my body chemistry YSL just smells better. Love it. I recommend getting a sample and try it.

on 12/22/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am really surprised to see such low ratings for this new perfume. But hey, that totally goes to show scents are subjective, right?

I couldn't stand the original Opium scent from back in the day (ok maybe they still sell it, I dunno LOL). But when this came out got a sample of it and was blown away. I ended up loving it so much ordered a bottle the very next day...This is a very sexy scent. Per the description there are coffee and vanilla notes, as well as a few different woodsy layers. I don't get the coffee or too any heavy woodsy notes (such as sandalwood and patchouli), which to be quite honest I am very happy about as I find them too masculine. Also the vanilla is quite tame and definitely not overpowering either. What I do get is a mixture of both spicy and sweet which I can't quite put my finger on, but LOVE.

on 10/30/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This perfume smells fine when you first apply it, but it smells even better after a few minutes when it's had the opportunity to blend into the heat of your body.
It's a rich, full scent.

on 10/13/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Mmmmmm....Smells like fairy farts....no seriously though it smells divine...for me it started out very sweet, but after a while it is now smelling smokier...with florals...some vanilla....sweet smokieness...(its a thing..) I LOVES it.....sniffff....Mmmmmm....swell!!

on 8/31/2015 7:02:00 PM

This is a gorgeous scent. When I first read there was a coffee note I wasn't sure but it just adds a warm richness to the vanilla. Beautiful for evenings out, good strength to it. As an fyi I personally wouldn't wear it to work because it's quite sexy. Try it!

on 6/2/2015 7:39:00 AM

I bought this as i seen the TV commercial and loved the packaging. I wasn't really expecting much when it came but WOW. I adore this fragrance. A little goes along way but oh my it is beautiful. I tend to lean towards sweet vanilla scents and find this like cat nip !! My boyfriend also loves this fragrance, he goes mad for it ! No one can describe a scent online and i advise smelling this perfume when passing your local department store. It's beautiful, elegant, classic yet modern !

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this, the coffee is indeed noticeable. It's quite strong and long lasting. To me it smells provocative, very sexy and perfect for clubbing. For some reason I mentally associate it with wearing a black leather short dress at night. So as I said, a bit on the provocative side. Took one star off because it's not very unique, but it's still a very good perfume.

on 12/17/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely perfume. Rock chic with a very subtile touch of sweet. Really my style.

Popular Fragrances