Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

on 4/3/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy wearing Black Opium. It smells delicious, yet slightly mysterious. This is perfect for fans of Hypnotic Poison and La Vie Est Belle (ME). It doesn't smell like either of them, but, as a fragrance it embodies the same idea of elegant sweetness. It reminds me of chocolate, and coffee, and orange blossoms...some of my very favorite things in life! For some reason this perfume generates a lot of negativity among fragrance reviewers. Personally, I don't care that it's not a "masterpiece", because I couldn't afford it if it was. And I don't mind that it doesn't smell like the original Opium. In my experience, the original Opium repels those around me more effectively than Roach Killer. My husband, kids, friends, and random strangers all compliment Black Opium, year-round. I guess it just works with my chemistry. I recently purchased Black Opium Floral Shock and I'm loving it, as well, especially as the weather heats up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love the sultry scent combination and incredible lasting power of this fragrance! This one combines coffee, jasmine, vanilla, and a host of other yummy notes. I sprayed it on in the early evening and woke up smelling my perfume as though it had just been applied. Everyone who has smelled this on me thinks it's a fantastic fragrance, and I get compliments all the time. It's strong and heavy, but it's another one knocked out of the park by YSL, IMO.

We went shopping for a TV. And my husband was really taken by the sales girls scent. I couldn't smell it. In the end I asked her what perfume she was wearing ? "Nothing today, I did put Black opium on yesterday when wearing this jacket" of course I bought it, and oh my it's gorgeous, tad sweet at first but after it settled slightly musky. My go to now. I will repurchase it lasts too, I'd do the usual on my wrists but never my neck. Squirt into my hair. Even my son asked what it was. Of course the hug. And my hair perfect

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this perfume! If you love vanilla and warm undertones, then this is your HG. The staying power is excellent, especially when layered after lotion or light body oil. I get lots of compliments on how good I smell when wearing Black Opium. If you love Organza Indecence by Givenchy, then you'll enjoy Black Opium.👍🏼😊

on 12/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing. My signature scent. It's pricey, but worth it considering how well it stays on me. I could even smell it still after a shower (no joke). That's how I knew this baby was a keeper. It's a very warm, sensual and sweet scent. It's totally up my alley.

Will repurchase.

on 12/13/2016 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Amazing, long lasting fragrance. It might be too sweet for somebody but I love it. I have received it as a gift and already ran out, I will definitely buy it again.

on 11/24/2016 1:04:00 AM

Omg I love this scent it stays put all day smells crisp and clean with a touch of floral and a bit woodsy hard to explain just oh soooo good ... mmmmmm my man loves it

on 10/12/2016 5:24:00 PM

This stuff smells so yummy. It's a dark sexy intoxicating smell. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes but not this one. My husband can't help but walk up and take a deep whiff whenever I wear this. It makes me feel like a goddess!

on 9/29/2016 3:03:00 PM

I'm in love with this fragrance. It is sweet but I have always loved sweet scents. I can't wear most fragrances without my eyes watering and getting a headache but this is an exception. I had a delivery man come in my office right after I sprayed this and he took a picture so he could get it for his wife. He said it was the best thing he ever smelled!

Popular Fragrances