Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

on 8/14/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This scent is sweet, sensual and musky. It’s a beautiful scent but doesn’t last long on me at all. It’s not a pretty bottle, I would expect a more sexier looking bottle, especially coming from such a high end designer. Not worth the money at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Considering my lower rating, I'd buy it again. It's definitely not worth the money, but I would purchase again.

The bottle is ugly. That's always a big deal for me when it comes to perfume. It doesn't match the fragrance whatsoever. This is a feminine and classical fragrance with mystery and energy. The bottle belongs on Boy George's vanity. It screams tacky 80's sequins and glittering black faux leather boots.

The fragrance however is beautiful. I catch deep sweet notes, definitely smell the coffee. That is what got me to purchase something so trendy. I adore coffee in every way. I also smell wonderful magnolia blossom and white florals. It's coffee and flowers and caramel candy. It's gorgeous!

Just no staying power. For $72 an ounce, that's a tad bit unacceptable. The bottle is ugly and it doesn't last very long. I will repurchase sparingly.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this in an Ulta order and it was absolute love at first sniff! I'm not a perfume expert by any stretch, I just know what I like. It's so sensual, sultry and believe it or not, pairs nicely with BB&W's Dark Kiss body wash and lotion. It fades down on me in a few hours, but that's all right, if I want to refresh it I'll take the tiny EDP spray I got recently and use it. My husband is sensitive to smells, and thankfully this one doesn't set his allergies off, and he likes it quite a bit.

I forsee a purchase of a bigger bottle in the near future!

on 4/23/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful fragrance but it doesn't last at all... Too expensive for such a small sillage and longevity. Thankfully I was able to find something similar that would get me an alluring scent with lasting power. Coco Mademoiselle Intense. Unexpected, yes.

I got a sample of Black Opium, tried it, loved it! It is a sweet coffee vanilla blend - to my untrained nose anyway! I paid €57 for a 50ml edp bottle. The bottle is decorative but I keep my perfumes in a drawer so that doesn’t matter.
I have never had a YSL perfume before and am impressed! I don’t usually go for sweet scents but this is fun!

The fragrance is okay, it seems like there are a thousand more similar. I like a lighter more natural scent. This scent is one that would give a headache after a while.

on 2/25/2018 12:16:00 PM

Great scent but not original at all. Sweet, floral, and fruity. It's like another version of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. If you're a big fan of that one, then definitely check this out. But if you're looking for something different and new, this isn't the one for you.

Nice, but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this, the coffee is indeed noticeable. It's quite strong and long lasting. To me it smells provocative, very sexy and perfect for clubbing. For some reason I mentally associate it with wearing a black leather short dress at night. So as I said, a bit on the provocative side. Took one star off because it's not very unique, but it's still a very good perfume.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Beautiful perfume, my dh loves when I wear it. Very sexy scent. One of my favorites.
People should not give this a low score just because they are allergic to it. That makes no sense to me.

on 1/31/2018 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this perfume sooo much but I’ve had a massive allergic reaction to this product. I’ve never been allergic to a perfume before but this causes my chest to go all scaley, dries out, scabs up and feels like I have serious sun burn. I couldn’t work out what was causing it for ages as it didn’t come up until the day after I use it but it’s exactly where I spray it every time. Gutted

Popular Fragrances