Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Filtered by age: 30-35
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.2

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 AM

Blind buy cuz I read the notes and I wanted to smell like coffee.. lol. It smells really good, like Alien layered w/a vanilla perfume. I got a purse spray and wish I had gotten the full size bottle. I don’t smell like a Frappuccino but it’s alright lol. It doesn’t trigger my migraines so I’m happy

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this perfume for Christmas 2016 because I love Edie Campbell in the advert! I'm so glad I got this because it smells Amazing!! The smell lasts such a long time too! Probably longer than any of my other perfumes. It is the EDP though and not the EDT, so it is more concentrated. It's not the cheapest fragrance so I save it for very special occasions and nights out

on 10/30/2017 6:21:00 PM

The top notes are great, but after wearing it for awhile I noticed the undertone of something I found unpleasant.

Smells like Britney Spears In Control. It's fine. Kind of a sweet floriental. It does not smell like the original Opium. I don't smell coffee, or pastries or a snowy afternoon in a cafe or anything. I do smell syrupy, burnt caramel, gloppy nude lip gloss, extra mascara, bad dance moves, big earrings, last call and throbbing hangovers (must be my personal connection with In Control, lol). The black glittery bottle is SO tacky, but it fits the fragrance. This is party girl juice. The scent has good lasting power. Bought it for the memories and the present coziness. Will be a good fall scent, but I don't foresee a long term relationship with this lady. We shall see. I tend towards the garish. Overall I think I like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love the sultry scent combination and incredible lasting power of this fragrance! This one combines coffee, jasmine, vanilla, and a host of other yummy notes. I sprayed it on in the early evening and woke up smelling my perfume as though it had just been applied. Everyone who has smelled this on me thinks it's a fantastic fragrance, and I get compliments all the time. It's strong and heavy, but it's another one knocked out of the park by YSL, IMO.

on 9/24/2016 11:44:00 AM

It's a nice enough fragrance that I can't seem to get behind :(

I've tested it again and again since it first came out. I don't get much coffee-- on me initial blast is actually quite soapy-- maybe im getting the whiff of patch first?

Then it quickly becomes a burnt sugared vanilla. This take may actually be a skin chemistry thing bc dior vanilla compilations sadly smell similar on me-- not a deep vanilla but a burnt sugar vanilla (think bath and body works warm vanilla sugar....).

And that's as far as the perfume goes on me. Just a burnt sugar vanilla with lots of patch kicking in the background.

It just seems to resonate "hey im a heavy hitter"-- but then declares little else.

Fwiw one I sprayed this on a friend I didn't care for the smell of it on her either.

on 8/21/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very very sweet scent. A tad too much. Feels a bit like celebrity perfumes, a bit cheap in my opinion. Like too much vanilla. The tester was better for some reason. Would not buy again as i does not feel chic or sophisticated or special.

on 7/29/2016 6:44:00 PM

YSL Black Opium is sticky sweet on my skin. I was hoping for a little of the coffee scent that most are smelling. Instead I'm getting a candied fruit bomb with some vanilla thrown in. Also, no traceable patchouli. I think that Lolita Lempicka might be a close cousin.

on 5/24/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This perfume is absolutely addictive and honestly, I feel that it is appropriate for all genders (well, any gender can wear any perfume, but you get my point). Its darker notes keep it from becoming a chemically one note department store fragrance, the kind that wild eyed women spray on you as you sprint through your local Nordstrom's in the vain hope you'll make it out unscathed.

On me, the patchouli and the coffee meld in to a beautiful, abiding warmth, a dark, sweet musk that hangs around me in a delicate cloud. There's something so intimate about the smell, something that brings to mind a speakeasy or a plush bedroom artfully undone after a night of passion. There's also a subtle edible quality, edging towards vanilla, or maybe a frangipane petit four.

I can't say enough good things about this scent. I will also add that I recommend the roller ball. Something about being able to press it directly in to skin makes it much better. When I had it spritzed on me at my Sephora, I didn't like it as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this at Sephora. I adore this scent. On me it doesn't put off as too sweet. It's a good combination of sweet and warm. I've tried flower bomb and it is similar but with my body chemistry YSL just smells better. Love it. I recommend getting a sample and try it.

Popular Fragrances