Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Filtered by age: 25-29
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.9

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

on 12/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing. My signature scent. It's pricey, but worth it considering how well it stays on me. I could even smell it still after a shower (no joke). That's how I knew this baby was a keeper. It's a very warm, sensual and sweet scent. It's totally up my alley.

Will repurchase.

on 10/12/2016 5:24:00 PM

This stuff smells so yummy. It's a dark sexy intoxicating smell. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes but not this one. My husband can't help but walk up and take a deep whiff whenever I wear this. It makes me feel like a goddess!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love any different or sensual deep perfumes so this was an instant intrest for me. People have been saying it's got very strong levels of black coffee in it... - i myself wouldn't say really strong, but on the plus side, a soft, lingering coffee scent that isn't nearly as strong as is sounds in all the advertising and so forth. The scent is actually very sweet, but with the coffee base notes it makes it classy and more wearable that your typical teens rocker perfume. I love that it contains all three of my favourite 'parfum scents' together in one, jasmine, vanilla, and patchouli... But it also contains that mild coffee smell as well! Love it! I'm not so sure about the bottle, in a way i like it, rocker girl edge style... but it could have been made into a better style bottle for such a pretty perfume i think. Still, it's not bad, and beautiful smell. One for the ages ysl!

I purchased the travel sized spray and within a few months i had already finished it, now I normally cant finish fragrances, so you can imagine how much i love this scent.
I recently was at sephora and saw the dry oil for body and hair and tried it, now I wasn't able to smell it on myself because i was already testing out a few other scents. but anyway, a light spritz for both the oil and or fragrance is more than enough.
currently this is my favorite perfume, its sweet but not annoyingly sweet, perfect date night perfume.
this and a gucci guilty is currently my favorite

i have the travel sized spray of this fragrance, i bought after falling in love with the sample from sephora.

it is a very strong fragrance, so if you are someone who likes light, soft, and airy fragrances, it is not the scent for you.

the scent is very sweet, and a tad musky in my opinion, which makes for a nice balance.

i wear this when i want to feel mysterious and sexy, this and the gucci bamboo are currently my top 2 fragrances when i want to feel this way.

i like to spray this on the back of my neck so that the pulse points there can release the fragance as time goes on. (also because i suffer from allergies, its not that wise to be smelling so much fragrance in general because it will aggravate it, and this way scent will still be on.

on 4/2/2016 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Not so nice

on 4/1/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have to preface my first perfume review with this: I'm not a perfume expert. I don't profess to be knowledgeable on perfumes as I am about skincare/makeup. At best, I'm just someone who likes to have fun with beauty-related things and doesn't have intense knowledge of the subject, but this is the first perfume to really captivate my interest on the regular.

According to the Sephora website, YSL Black Opium is listed as having the following as notes: "Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense." Now, to my limited understanding, certain notes hit everyone different because of the makeup of chemicals in your skin. Some people might have stronger patchouli notes, others coffee, etc. On me, the orange blossom is particularly strong at first before going into a mix of the cedarwood and an almost vanilla smell, which is a good thing as I'm not particularly fond of patchouli. I do not get any of the coffee notes.

The longevity of this is so-so for me. It lasts for a good 15-20 minutes before only lightly remaining, though, even if it's barely there, I can still smell it on me if I hold my wrist up to my nose about 7 hours later. When I initially spray it, I do find myself getting a lot of compliments on it.

While this is my favorite perfume I own, I don't wear it every day. For me, it's something I wear for if I need to get ramped up for something professional (presentation, big bosses are visiting, etc.) or romantic (date night, etc.) I am just about finished with the travel spray version, but have already purchased the 1 oz. version.

on 2/20/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has become my "school fragrance", a perfume I wear when I go to school, because it stays close to the skin. It has somehow grew on me, I like the sweet scent, the vanilla, patchouli and cedar, topped with jasmine are really a nice blend and the pear and orange blossom give it a little "lift". It's not a unique scent, but very likeable, warm, sweet and feminine and goes well with my body chemistry. However, I can't seem to smell the coffee in this one, even though it's stated that it's one of the dominating scents in this fragrance. It is not my signature fragrance, which is Serge Lutens "un bois vanille", but it's good to switch now and then. So it's 4 lippies from me =)

UPDATE: I developed a horrid allergic reaction from this perfume. After several months of usage I suddenly end up with a red itchy rash on my neck and wrists (exactly where I put it), so I had to return it. It took me a month until the rash was gone (despite using medicated prescpripted cream).

on 11/29/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised to see this isn't rated higher. I got this as a tester and really quite like it. It's definitely has a sweet smell more than anything - it's vanilla but the undertones of the coffee give it a very deep smell. I don't smell anything that screams COFFEE(that'd be a weird perfume I think), but the slight notes are there. I find this to be a smooth, rich, sensual, and warm scent. It's amazing for fall/winter. It seems to wear for a while too without being overpowering, which I love. Only 4/5 because I didn't fall in love with it, but it's still one of my faves.

Popular Fragrances