2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I got this in the gift set that includes one full-size lipstick. While their lipstick is matte yet creamy, I bought the set specifically for the lip primer and all I have to say is: what in fresh hell is this product? Even though they claim that it’s a moisturising primer, my lips were dry by the end of the day. I don’t feel like it helped the staying power, nor the so called “non-feathering” effect. It’s basically like I applied a weird balm that did nothing for my lips. I’ll definitely be returning this one and trying either the MAC or the ABH lip primer instead.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Awful, awful primer in so many ways. It made my lip products smear and fade like crazy, felt irritating and tasted like there is a sugary ingredient in it. I can't stand lip products that taste sweet because I naturally just lick them off. As an example, my Teeez Material Girl lipstick usually lasts for a few hours with minimal transfer. With as many different techniques as I could think of, the lipstick still smeared off on spoons, left big prints on coffee cups and wore off in about 20 minutes. And why add irritants to a base lip product that's supposed to be moisturizing? Did anyone actually test this?? Shameful! A much better product along the same idea is Lise Watier Magnifix Lip Primer. It goes on smooth and moisturizes, but sets and dries to a smooth finish.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I just purchased a second tube of this product, I absolutely love it. Lipstick is my favorite makeup category but since I'm in my late 50s, it tends to migrate a bit. This liner/primer keeps everything locked down. I always use balm before anything else on my lips and let it soak in a bit, then apply line and prime, then lipstick. The line and prime leaves a very faint whitish cast. It gives me a crisp outer edge to my lip line and fills in vertical lines on my lips. It really does keep every lipstick I own in place, of course some lipsticks last longer than others but I have noticed that I need to reapply less frequently. I use the line and prime in the morning, reapply lipstick as needed, then start over with line and prime if I have evening plans so a tube lasts a long time. It's retractable and a bit stiff to apply but not so much that I'm afraid it will break with use. Highly recommend, especially if you are on the mature end of the spectrum :)

About reviewer (157 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This was one of the first Lip primers I ever tried. After using this for a few weeks I then decided that I didn't like Lip primers and took several months before trying another one. Now I use Lip primers everyday. This product is just so very drying and caused my lips to crack and dry out so badly. This product is mostly wax with a peppermint scent. Some people swear by it... not me. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hx7UpEbkxfw"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hx7UpEbkxfw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

This does a good job of holding onto my lipstick. It is thick and does provide a decent surface for the lipstick to cling to. I do not like the mint flavor and the fact that this lip liner is on the dry side. I would repurchase this because it is less waxy than other lip liners out there.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29