Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++ (New 2014)

Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++ (New 2014)

4.2

T.

on 9/15/2017 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have repurchased probably five times at this point. Such a great sunscreen if you have oily skin! The high spf is great for benefitting your skin in the long run, but it also has the more immediate satisfaction of mattifying the skin and helping to blur pores. I wear this absolutely every day for both reasons, that it is a healthy habit to be in and because it makes my skin look instantly better. I wore this is the heat of Sicily and Spain throughout the summer and this helped me to both not get sunburnt and not look extremely sweaty. Definitely do not recommend for dry skin, when my skin is drier from retin a it feels uncomfortable on the skin and accentuates dryness.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The one I bought off amazon is in a kind of a taller blue bottle. Kao Biore UV Perfect Milk SPF 50+ PA++++

HG sunscreen, I've been through 5 bottles. I have oily skin & a stubborn sun spot. This mattifies my face, and keeps my hyperpigmentation from getting darker. I do NOT recommend this if you have dry skin. This is actually advertised as being water-resistant, and for active use. There are gentler alternatives if you have dry skin.

In the winter when I'm more likely to be dry I'll use Olay SPF 30, which is moisturizing, then I'll layer this over it after a few minutes. From what I've read the filters don't interact, and I like this combo. The Olay SPF 30 is moisturizing for me, probably wouldn't be enough for someone with dry skin.

A lot of Asian sunscreens have alcohol, but I've read that the Asian skincare regime includes layering several hydrating toners, essences, and moisturizers on in the morning before sunscreen. I think this is important to consider before bashing the products for having alcohol. Alcohol helps preserve the ingredients, and plays a role in the formulation.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm not sure what to say to this, other than,"It's not sunscreen."

I'm 46, and a natural redhead. Last week one of my doctors commented on how young I Iook. I mentioned something about sunscreen, which I wear daily in the form of physical sunscreens like Physician's Formula CC Cream and their Airbrushing HD powder. (20 Spf and 30 spf.)

I just wore this outdoors in eighty degree weather and 40% humidity to clear brush in my backyard in Texas, in partial shade between 8:30 and 11:00 am. I had a small baseball cap and large glasses on--and my face is sunburned. This is matte, beautiful, and it doesn't hurt. But it won't protect against a sunburn even if you're wearing a hat, even if it's early in the day, lower humidity, and under 87 degrees outside.

I'm not sure what it's for, but it's not sunscreen. I would have been better off just doing my regular makeup, which does have adequate sunscreen.

on 5/22/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is HG amazing. Typical "milk" consistency asian ss w/ a mix of some physical and some chem UV actives. The color is white, but it pretty much disappears on me once I rub it all in. The feel is slippery - no drag, no tackiness. No fragrance, YAY!

The UV protection is fantastic with this - I have never burned w/ this stuff, and it seems to last a lot longer than 2 hrs (no, I wear mu, so I do not re-apply unless I go swimming!). The only downside is that you really need to remove it w/ a good mu remover. Just a light splashy wash w/ your fave cleanser will probably not take this off , and if left on overnight it can clog a little. I have cloggy/oily/acneic/rosacean skin, and this has never clogged me, broken me out, made me red, or irritated me, as long as I remove it all every night.

Another huge plus for me: works beautifully as a primer / mu base, and plays perfectly w/ all of my foundations. HG stuff, one of the best ss's around. Hope they keep making it.

on 8/7/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was perfect in controlling oil. Better than any makeup that says "sebum control".
I could wake up, wash, slap this on, and go out. No blotting needed. Perfect under makeup. Awesome primer.

BUT. I consistently got A LOT of tiny bumps (closed comedones) all over my face after use. :( So now I have to wish and hhope and pray to find a sunscreen with the same functionality but not pimple-causing. My face has been so awful. I envy everybody whose face didnt react the same way. This really should have been HG.

on 8/9/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Urgh I really hate these Biore sunscreens, their formulas are hardly any different from one another. The first or second ingredient is always alcohol. If you have extremely oily skin, you will love it, it's gonna control your oil all day long. My friend who has oily skin really likes that about it. But for the rest, eh. It's just really really really drying, and the white cast whenever I get under the sun or get wet/sweat (I sweat a lot, as most people do, in the summer, when you would need sunscreen the most) is hideous. I look like I had white paint on my face. It also gave me tiny white bumps, it didn't get any worse than that but I just couldn't stand it any more. After using about half a bottle on my face, I couldn't stand it anymore and now I only use it on my arms, neck and chest. I didn't get burn or rash (which I will get, if I expose myself for too long under very harsh sunlight), so I guess it does work. But the feeling of it on my skin is so horrble. I don't plan to repurchase this one or any other one from Biore. Just not worth it, too little product, even at such a supposedly affordable price.
If you have dry/dehydrated skin and don't mind a bit thicker, stickier sunscreen, that is both soothing and offers full protection, get Sundance (that German brand in the orange bottle). It doesn't dry out my skin as badly, and it works under light makeup too.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I recently ditched this sunscreen and actually came back to it because of how it looked and performed on my skin. It goes on invisibly, and throughout the day, as your skin tends to get oilier, this sunscreen does a pretty decent job of holding back the oil. So well considering that I only use 4 1/2 drops for the whole face and by the afternoon, my face still looks fresh and bright. The only drawback is I have a slight sensitivity to the sunscreen. On occasion, it makes my skin tingle. The oil absorbing properties can make your skin feel dry, but that hardly happens to me because I have really oily skin. Just remember to check the edges of your face and jaw and make sure you rub it in well or else there can be white residue on parts of your face.

on 10/29/2015 11:33:00 AM

This is the only sunscreen I'm using and I have been using it for nearly 6 years. I usually apply it after I moisturise my skin and it helps to mattify my face a little. It also works as a decent makeup base as it gives the foundation a smooth layer to adhere to. It may look small but one bottle lasts me for a good 6-8 months. They've had 1-2 reformulations throughout the years I've been using them. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference because all of them function the same way as I've always been using them. Overall, great product, will repurchase till they stop production. And that's when I'll panic.

on 2/24/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm currently using the one in the blue bottle (same product, slightly different formula maybe?) and it's the best facial sunscreen I've ever tried for oily skin. One year I did a big facial sunscreen haul from Sasa.com and this was my favourite. I'm onto my second bottle and will repurchase again unless I find something better.

Other brands I've tried: La Roche Posay, Mentholatum Clear Water, Mentholatum Moisture Milk, Kose Essence Protect Milk, Neutrogena.......... there was something I didn't like about all of them, whether it was the texture (too thick), formula (didn't control oil, stung my eyes, left a white cast) or something else. I've never been able to fault the Biore Perfect Face Milk and will recommend it to everyone. Light texture, never greasy, no breakouts, goes on transparent. Great price. I bought mine from Sasa.com but have also purchased it from eBay. My second favourite facial sunscreen is probably the Shiseido Hadasenka Mineral UV Gel.

on 1/1/2016 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

In Brazil (where I live) and pretty much everywhere else ( except in Asia), the higher the SPF the thicker is the sunscreen, so using a high SPF sunscreen if you have oily skin and uses makeup on a daily basis can be very challenging.

So I was very happy to discover this! It's very lightweight and runny, very easily to spread on the face.

It is great for oily skins, also work as a primer, holds the makeup the whole day.

Some people complain about the white cast, but for my pale skin isn't a problem, in fact it kinda of helps with the redness I have on the nose area.

The only down side it's the tiny bottle (30 ml ), so using it everyday lasts about a month.

For me is the BEST sunscreen!