Ole Henriksen Nurture Me - Cleansing Cloths: Makeup Removing

Ole Henriksen Nurture Me - Cleansing Cloths: Makeup Removing

2.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Overpriced, ridiculously rough and useless. These barely remove any makeup, and do not remove my mascara at all (Benefit Roller Lash, which removes easily). They were felt so dry, there was barely any remover in the cloth so I had to had few drops of water to get them moist enough. Compared to other makeup wipes these feel VERY rough on the skin. Didn't irritate my skin - but neither do my favourite unbranded wipes that are saturated with tons of product and actually remove all my makeup, also without irritation for only $5 vs Ole's $25.

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Let me start out saying that I am a fan of Ole's products. I have a bunch of his stuff in my medicine cabinet that I use on a daily basis. I bought these on my birthday in Sephora. I was going to get the citrus wipes which I've had before and love. They are great to just running over your face in the morning before you put on your cremes, etc. But these, pretty disappointing. If I do use makeup wipes, I prefer Neutrogena ones as a first step in my nightly cleansing. Last night, I thought I'd give these babies another try. I didn't even have heavy makeup on, but I couldn't get all my mascara off. And I don't use waterproof stuff. So, I got out my precious bottle of Crealine and wow, just wow. No wonder people love that stuff. I swear sins from a past life were showing up on those cotton pads. So, sorry Ole. Guess you can't hit one out of the ball park every time.

I tried a sample of this and I have to say I'm not impressed.

I thought the smell was nice, and the formula didn't irritate my skin (I got some redness after using them but I get this with every single brand I've tried, and it doesn't last long)

However in this short time I did not see or feel any improvement in my skin overall, and the wipes themselves were coarse and felt more harsh than other (cheap/drugstore) wipes I've tried.

They removed make-up okay, again nothing more than what you get from any other brand of makeup-wipes. The wipes were not very damp or soaked with product. This could be because it was a sample pack, but still want to mention it because they obviously would have worked better with more product (but still not amazing).

Overall:
NOT worth the money at all. They are fine, but for that price this product should, at the very least, be slightly better than any other of brand of wipes.

on 12/30/2015 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the airport recently because I didn't pack my usual make-up remover and cleanser with me to avoid too much luggage, but I regretted this the first night using these. First off, they didn't remove all my makeup, I even used two cloths and cleansed well (and I just wear a bb cream, waterproof mascara and some blush usually), and my face didn't feel clean afterwards. It felt like I had product on my face from the wipes, I washed my face with water after and when I used the white hotel towel, some bb cream left stains on the towel. I've never had this problem with cleansing wipes before. Not re-purchasing. The cloths where soft though, that's the only thing I like about them.

I like this product! It takes my makeup off nicely and paired with the other Ole Henricksen products is like a god sent. The smell is really nice and it is gentle on my sensitive skin. I would buy this product again, but may try their other makeup wipes.

on 4/14/2015 10:15:00 PM

I was given these to try as my friend could not use them. they irritated her face terribly and she knew I love the range and the grease relief cloths. two days in I threw them out as they were reacting like what I imagine string acid would feel like. I wonder if they were just a bad pack but too afraid to try again.

The first time I went to purchase these I actually accidentally grabbed the orange brightening version and ended up really liking it. I did however go back to try these ones and thought they were good but not great. I don't wear a lot of makeup so the other ones remove it just as well as these, but the others make my skin feel moisturized and healthy. Where as these pretty much just remove makeup without irritating my skin. The other issue I had with these was that the cloths weren't damp enough, which could have meant I had a bad pack but I've purchased the other type for six months now and I've not had that problem again.