Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

5 years ago

Prestige Cosmetics: TOTAL WEAR LIP CRAYON in shade "BARE IT ALL" The product: This is a creamy lipstick in crayon form. I like that it replaces a lip pencil, lipstick, and gloss --- all in one product. This is a full coverage lippie in just one easy creamy swipe. Having said that, I really prefer my liptsticks to be more "matte". This one is a bit too creamy for my tastes, but it's not greasy in the least. I know there are many girls out there who would love the creamy texture of these crayons. For ref, it is much less creamy than say the MAC lustres or MAC cremesheens, but it's a bit creamier than say a MAC satin (which I prefer, along with MAC mattes). The wear time on this lip crayon was pretty good -- it lasted a full 5 hrs (without needing a retouch). It probably would have lasted even longer, but I had to swipe it off due to the color not being my thing (see color, below). Color: Bare It All Ok. I consider myself the Nude Lip Princess. I've been wearing nude lip shades since the late 80's, when MAC's Bard-O and MAC Shrimpton came to my local stores. I was IN love with "nude" lips ever since. Bare It All seems as though it would be a "nude" judging from its name, but it isn't. I would call this more of a MLBB type "natural lip" shade. It's a little pinkish rose, with a touch of warmth/peach? tan? Maybe a warm rose? Whatever the color description, all I can say is that it is way too pigmented on my already pigmented berry-ish lips. I like my nudes to be pale to light beige-y type fleshy nude colors. I wear a very smokey eye, and Bare It All just made me look way too made up, and not in a good way. It felt a bit 80s on me (strong eye, strong lip). Having said that, I do think Bare It All is a beautiful color (at least on my hand!). And I do think it would be gorgeous on someone wearing a more "natural" (not nude!) eye shadow look. This color would work beautifully with the UD Naked I palette, or with any of the other neutral-brown eye palettes (bronzes, browns, taupes, plum eyeshadows). It's makes for a nice, work appropriate/daytime natural lip. I also think that it would be fabulous paired with a smoky eye on someone with a DARK skin tone (whether caramel, brown, or black skin tone), because this lip shade will look more like a "nude" on those darker complexions. But on me (medium olive, neutral/cool), Bare It All is more of a warm mauve/tawny rose -- and it looks medium to dark. The quality of this lip crayon is amazing, considering you can find it in drug stores. At only $9.50, I think the quality of this Prestige lip "crayon" rivals the quality of the MAC lustres and creemsheens. If you are looking for a lippie that gives you the coverage of a lipstick, with the sheen and creaminess of a gloss, and the definition of a lip liner, look no further! Try this Prestige lip crayon. NOTE: When you get the crayon, peel the plastic all the way off. You will then be able to twist the very end of the crayon, which in turns pushes the lip product UP. It's not self-sharpening, though. ? I guess you just keep pushing the product UP as you use it, but will still need to use a sharpener with it? Not sure on this part yet. I didn't even know it was retractable, until I noticed the bllurb on the web site! lol I called, and the lady explained how it worked. I guess one could just use it w/o sharpening, just as you would a reg lipstick....maybe a bit blunt tipped, but maybe your lips will reshape the tip as you use it?,... will have to UPDATE this review in a few weeks. :) Rating: I'm taking 1 star off due to this crayon being too creamy for my personal liking, as well as the color being too dark for what I consider a "nude". Were it not for those two things, I'd def give this crayon a 5 star rating! I think many will love the richer texture and more "natural" color. :) I do hope Prestige will add some MATTES to this line, and also add some paler "beige nudes".

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age36-43