Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer

Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
Timeless Smoothing PrimerTimeless Smoothing Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Mica, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PPG-25-Laureth-25, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Alaninate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Rutin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phaseolus Lunatus (Green Bean) Seed Extract, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 5/7/2018 8:14:00 PM

I bought this after hearing Tati (from YouTube) considered this a holy grail primer. Unfortunately, it was an “okay” primer for me.

Make up applies well on top of it, it doesn’t irritate my skin, and covers some of my pores. However, most of my pores (and some fine lines) still peek through upon initial application (I would say the Benefit Porefessional evened out my texture better than this).

This has controlled my oil slightly better than some other primers, so I do think 3 lippies is a fair rating. It can make my foundation last through an 8 hour work day with minimal touch up. I’ve never had major problems with my holy grail foundation sliding around my face. But I really don’t love the texture of my skin with this and of course my pores become more apparent as the day goes on.

I think the people who may like this are those with minimal texture and have some oil they need to control. But with that said I think that there are other “average” primers that would work just as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this based on Tati's glowing reviews, but I have to say I've been pretty disappointed. I do find that it somewhat blurs out my pores, but it doesn't seem to keep my foundation in place any better than when I don't use it. It also doesn't really seem to blur out my fine lines. I find that it actually works better when I put it on over my foundation, to blur our my pores. It does really seem to make the pores in my nose disappear completely, but not the pores in my cheeks. Overall given the price, I don't think this is really worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard so many good things about this product. This is a thick product! A little goes a long way. If you have dry skin, I think this product will do wonders. With my oily skin, it really feels heavy and looks like spackle on my face even though I used a tiny amount. I let this sit on my face for 30 minutes before I applied my makeup. It never seemed to really soak in. After 12 hours my makeup started to separate and look cakey.

For me it did not fill in fine lines or wrinkles. Made them worse. My pores looked huge!!! From far away, I looked good, but when you got up close, yikes!!

For the price.. returned.

on 1/7/2018 12:28:00 AM

I really like this product. Fills pores and wrinkles without looking weird or making me oily. Can't complain. This is the only primer I actually consistently like.

on 11/23/2017 12:00:00 PM

This primer does what it says... It lasts a long time because you only need a small small amount of it to fill pores and fine lines. It can even fill deep smile lines to prevent foundation from creasing there. This has replaced all of my other pore filling primers. I some a different primer for all over the face and just target this one on pore areas. It has a clean scent that doesn't linger after application. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was very disappointed in this product. I wanted to love it since Tarte is one of my favorite brands and I heard great things about it.

However, it did nothing that it said it would. My pores were still greatly visible and my skin did not look smooth at all. The packaging was beautiful but the product texture was weirdly hard. I know it's in a jar by it was a strange feeling to get this "hard" product out. Lastly, the smell was awful. I'm really sensitive to fragrances, and they tend to break me out. This product had a really strong fragrance that was not pleasant at all. It is too expensive of a product to not do what it's supposed to do.

I love Tarte products (their eyeshadows, concealers, and pro glow palette are amazing), but this is definitely a return for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've used this product for years. They changed the formula I believe last year. It used to be harder to spread for sure but now it is a lot easier and it's the only primer that doesn't break me out. No silicone either. Had to review so it never gets discontinued!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this for the first time a few days ago and I do like it better than the many, many others I have tried. It is thick and heavier for a primer but you need very little of the product and it turns to a soft, baby skin-like texture. Best for someone looking to buff out fine lines and bigger pores. I have only tried it with Tarte finishing powder so far and it worked well. Not sure how it with mesh with foundation or a BB cream yet. I did purchase the brand new Cover FX blurring primer yesterday to compare.

on 4/26/2017 10:17:00 PM

I have tried many different primers and I have to say this is my favorite so far. A little really does go a long way, I use the tiniest amount and massage it into the areas of my face where I have larger pores and on my t-zone. It makes my skin look smooth and my foundation go on seamlessly.

I've used quite a few make up primers trying to find something that will make my make up apply smoothly, fill in some pores, maybe control some oil, and manage to not break me out. This beat out Smashbox Photofinish, Benefit Porefector, and Becca Evermatte. This is the only primer that has not caused me to break out, and thankfully is helping me clear up my skin in the process. It goes on very easily, but I have noticed that I need to exfoliate my face more often, because it will exasperate dry patches on my face. It's on the pricy end for me personally, but since it does it's job, I'll keep rebuying this.