Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer

Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
Timeless Smoothing PrimerTimeless Smoothing Primer

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Mica, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PPG-25-Laureth-25, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Alaninate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Rutin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phaseolus Lunatus (Green Bean) Seed Extract, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 11/23/2017 12:00:00 PM

This primer does what it says... It lasts a long time because you only need a small small amount of it to fill pores and fine lines. It can even fill deep smile lines to prevent foundation from creasing there. This has replaced all of my other pore filling primers. I some a different primer for all over the face and just target this one on pore areas. It has a clean scent that doesn't linger after application. Great product.

I was very disappointed in this product. I wanted to love it since Tarte is one of my favorite brands and I heard great things about it.

However, it did nothing that it said it would. My pores were still greatly visible and my skin did not look smooth at all. The packaging was beautiful but the product texture was weirdly hard. I know it's in a jar by it was a strange feeling to get this "hard" product out. Lastly, the smell was awful. I'm really sensitive to fragrances, and they tend to break me out. This product had a really strong fragrance that was not pleasant at all. It is too expensive of a product to not do what it's supposed to do.

I love Tarte products (their eyeshadows, concealers, and pro glow palette are amazing), but this is definitely a return for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've used this product for years. They changed the formula I believe last year. It used to be harder to spread for sure but now it is a lot easier and it's the only primer that doesn't break me out. No silicone either. Had to review so it never gets discontinued!

I've used quite a few make up primers trying to find something that will make my make up apply smoothly, fill in some pores, maybe control some oil, and manage to not break me out. This beat out Smashbox Photofinish, Benefit Porefector, and Becca Evermatte. This is the only primer that has not caused me to break out, and thankfully is helping me clear up my skin in the process. It goes on very easily, but I have noticed that I need to exfoliate my face more often, because it will exasperate dry patches on my face. It's on the pricy end for me personally, but since it does it's job, I'll keep rebuying this.

on 4/26/2017 10:17:00 PM

I have tried many different primers and I have to say this is my favorite so far. A little really does go a long way, I use the tiniest amount and massage it into the areas of my face where I have larger pores and on my t-zone. It makes my skin look smooth and my foundation go on seamlessly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this for the first time a few days ago and I do like it better than the many, many others I have tried. It is thick and heavier for a primer but you need very little of the product and it turns to a soft, baby skin-like texture. Best for someone looking to buff out fine lines and bigger pores. I have only tried it with Tarte finishing powder so far and it worked well. Not sure how it with mesh with foundation or a BB cream yet. I did purchase the brand new Cover FX blurring primer yesterday to compare.

on 1/6/2017 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

If you have some oversized pores that bug the sh*t out of you, look no further than this miracle worker right here!

I have tried a gazillion primers, and there are a gazillion that I love, for various reasons. Some hydrate, some make foundation go on smooth as butter, some add moisture, etc. Yet none of the primers I have ever tried truly deal with filling in or blurring pores. Sure, many claim to but they don't make good on these promises. This stuff is a miracle worker! Say good bye to pores! It also is so silky that it makes foundation go go on like a dream and you will look FLAWLESS.

I don't even know what else to say about this product, its just amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

One of my favorite YouTubers uses this product all the time and her foundation always looks incredibly flawless, so I thought why not give it a go. The jar is so pretty and different than anything I've used. Far superior than a plastic bottle. Overall I was searching for a primer that not only mattified, but filled in pores, made my face slightly luminous and was never too dry. I wasn't a huge fan of products that contained so much silicone like Smashbox's and formulas like Laura Mercier did nothing for me. I'm so glad I picked this up!

First Impression: I love this jar! It looks so cute on my makeup table. The smell of it is really nice, not too overpowering but pleasant. The initial feel of it on my fingers is divine, very smooth, not at all too slippery, and a silky effect.

Application: Flawless. A pearl-sized dollop is all I needed to use for my face, slightly more for my neck. I used patting motions along with some smoothing to make sure the product sinked into my skin. Just like another user said, this stuff just seemed to blur any line, any pore, any imperfection while giving it a soft "glow". This was not luminizing but it was very...baby skin-like.

Final Thoughts: LOVE this primer. This is my new HG, for sure. I sometimes will use it on top of my Becca Backlight Primer for more of that "glow" and it works so well with it (since the Becca one doesn't blur pores). This was not drying, no nasty silicone heaviness, helped to mattify, and most importantly made my foundation application simply gorgeous. This is a great combination of a pore & line filler, skin texture fix, and helps with keeping makeup long lasting. It's a great product with so many good qualities to it. Definitely a keeper!

on 2/17/2016 12:50:00 AM

I received a small sample of this at ultra and threw it in the drawer forgetting about it. I bought the urban decay primer and that seemed to leave me to oily. I found the sample and tried it. It is a good product, I actually like to mix the two primers on my fingers now because the ud has color. It goes on right after my oil in the morning and I don't have to give it time to soak in before putting on my make up. Just this makes my skin look smooth. I hate that they discontinued my cc stick but I do like this primer.

on 6/13/2016 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this and repurchasing since it hit the shelves. I have super oily, dry in certain areas skin. I have terrible pores and acne scarring. This makes my skin super smooth, fills in pores (not perfectly, but what can), mattes me out and doesn't make me flaky.