Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder

Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder

2.5

2/14/15 Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Glycyrrhetinimidyl Hydroxyproline Methyl Ester, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate, Lactobacillus, Hydrolyzed Triticum Monococcum Seed Extract, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Maltodextrin, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499). END 2/14/15

on 3/1/2018 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in Medium and Its more like a MEDIUM/DEEP shade. I fall around NC 42 in Mac and it darkens my foundation and concealer 1/2 a shade. I still use it, I just follow it up with a highlighting powder. The best parts about this loose powder are the ingredient list, since its aimed at sensitive skin, and the packaging. The sifter on this is excellent. No mess.

Performance wise it's just okay. If your foundation doesn't look nice, this won't fix that. In fact it might make it look slightly worse, as in slightly more makeup like (instead of natural/undetectable). But it mattifies and sets nicely the face AND under the eyes (despite the darkening effect I got) and the finish looks good when my oil breaks through, so I imagine spraying this with a setting mist would fix the finish issue instantly. Some powders add coverage, blur and smooth texture and pores, but this one mostly only sets, adds a bit of color without coverage, and it's mattifying without looking/feeling too dry.

I prefer Coty Airspun Extra Coverage, NYX HD loose silica powder, Maybelline Shine free loose powder, and Covergirl Outlast Pressed powder over this Almay one. The NYX HD has to be mindfully used to avoid applying too much, but I just use it sheerly and my oily skin makes it look nice in less than an hour. The other ones look great from the get go and its easy to not overapply. My favorite is the Maybelline Shine free loose powder.

This Almay loose powder is quite expensive for the unspectacular finish. I will NOT repurchase for now, unless I decide to get a lighter color and follow with a setting spray because It doesnt break me out and has decent skin-friendly ingredients.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is just okay. I bought it because of the minimal ingredients list that includes fermented ingredients and antioxidants. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin so this is something that's appealing to me. However, the price is way too high for a drugstore powder and this only performs as an "okay" powder. It doesn't absorb shine, which I suppose I should expect from a minimalist powder. However, I feel that since the ingredients list is so nice, I'll keep using it because it's good for my skin.

Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon 12, Glycyrrhetinimidyl Hydroxyproline Methyl Ester, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate, Lactobacillus, Hydrolyzed Triticum Monococcum Seed Extract, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Maltodextrin, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)