L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain - Coral Tattoo

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain - Coral Tattoo

1 review

on 10/7/2014 12:38:00 PM

Product - I have this in Coral Tattoo, and on me (AAB/NC25), the color wears true to the tube - a little bright for my personal preference but thankfully not neon either, so it's still wearable for work. Coral Tattoo is a summery bright reddish-orange with better-than-moderate coverage. The texture goes on smooth and a little tacky. I apply a thin coat, let it dry down a little, then add another thin coat to get full coverage. The gloss dries down to a non-hair-grabbing state with some moderate shine. It's lightweight and very comfortable on my lips and slightly moisturizing without being goopy or greasy; does not dry out my lips. No objectionable or overwhelming scent, but then again I don't have a sensitivity to scents. The color of the gloss stays put rather well, though like most glosses it will wear more in the middle and eventually leave a ring if you don't rub your lips periodically to keep the coverage even (more noticeable with rich shades such as this). This claims to be a staining gloss; the staining effect on me is softer coral-orange, and very even (i.e., doesn't settle into cracks). I get about 4 hours wear, which for me is pretty good.

Comparisons - Comparable product to Maybelline's Color Elixir lip gloss, but I prefer the color selection and wear of the Elixirs much better. The Elixirs go on thicker, creamier, more opaque, and also provide better and more uniform coverage; the Caresse seem thin, streaky, and runny in comparison. The Caresse seem to stain though.

Packaging - Unique tube, squared shape but tapers down on one end. Clear inset in the tube reveals the shade inside. The fat end of the tube unscrews and houses a wand with an angled, heart-shaped, flocked head. The head is thicker around the edges and has a shallow dip in the middle to retain some product during application.

Overall - Bold, summery color. Staining is fair to moderate, wears comfortably. continued >>