Neutrogena Overnight Therapy Replenishing Treatment

No Image

3.4

on 1/24/2007 4:13:00 PM

Interesting product, and it does make my hair softer after I use it. I think it works better on damp hair, though, and since I don't like to go to bed with wet hair, I rarely use this stuff. In fact, I often forget to spray this stuff in my hair at night. Interesting gimmick, but I'm not sure it's all that different from any other leave-in treatment. I won't repurchase since I don't think it really fills a need for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know about the MUA poster who commented on a "fishy" scent- maybe she got a bad batch!! I think this product smells great! The key is to not use too much or you might get that stiff or sticky feeling. I think just spraying a light mist on the areas that have damage is all it takes. The sad thing is I can't find this product anywhere anymore!?? I thought it was discontinued...if I can find it again, I'd certainly repurchase. I think it's well worth the price (which isn't much anyway).

This is an overall good leave in treatment. It doesnt neccesarily leave your hair feeling soft because its more of a protein treatment for your hair, it makes it feel more smooth. I like to spray it on my ends to help seal the cuticles.

on 5/29/2004 11:20:00 AM

I bought this looking for a cheaper, less herbal alternative to my Bumble and Bumble tonic, which I use to detangle my waist length straight hair before and after washing. I can't recommend the Neutrogena Overnight because it has the definite "fishy" tones present in some other detangling products I have tried. The perfume added to this product is melony and pleasant but nothing covers up the fish oil-smelling ingredient. I just used it today to untangle my French braid, and I am reminded how much I hate the smell. I am back to shelling out for Bumble and Bumble. Neutrogena also leaves my hair feeling crusty. What was the point of this product again? I also agree with the reviewer who said this seems hard to wash out. Why do I keep using this before washing? I am being like my Depession-era aunt who feels guilty throwing anything away!

on 4/20/2004 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really did make my hair silky and soft. It made my ends which tend to feel crisp very soft and smooth. I apply it after I wash my hair and really massage it into my hair, especially the ends. Then I comb my hair through. I don't like the fine mist, I changed a pump that sprays more coarser. Or sometimes I spray in my palms and rub it in. I don't think the smell is that bad.

it made my hair a little softer, but after a while it started making my hair sort of stiff and sticky-ish, even after i washed it out. there must be something better.

on 2/17/2004 11:53:00 PM

I never understood the point of an "overnight" leave-in spray conditioning treatment. I didn't find this at all helpful in making my hair any better than it was when i went to bed. I would highly recommend Nioxin's Bliss leave-in treatment, a real HG product, much better than this stuff.

on 1/24/2004 5:00:00 PM

Though this product doesn't deliver what I'd call dramatic results, it does improve the softness of my hair in conjunction with a good conditioner without weighing it down.
But girls, for this product to work for you its best to apply it right after a shower and not mix it with styling products as I'm sure that is the major cause of stinkiness. I actually don't mind the smell much and on wet hair it may not be as bad (maybe I'm just a weirdo). Be sure and comb the stuff through your hair too, it actually works decently as a detangler. You can then either blowdry your hair before you go to bed or do what I do if you have long hair ( and cause I'm lazy), put your hair up in a braid or in a bun (my hair is straight so I use a bun) and blow dry your hair the next morning using a low heat setting (reduces friz and dry out). Then I blast my hair with cold air. Yes, that sounds like a lot of stuff to do, but it seems to do the trick for me. Of course, everyone's hair is different so what works for one may not work for another.

on 1/24/2004 11:49:00 AM

Did nothing to my hair except make it stiff and more dry

I bought this on a recommendation of a friend. I have VERY dry, medium-fine curly hair, and I spray it half-way down my hair shft and down to the ends. I let is sit for five minutes, then apply my styling products. I do NOT rinse it out.

I think it does a great job of calming frizzies and curls, and making hair look healthy. I agree, though, the smell is terrible.

Oh, well. I will continue to buy this product. It's cheap for what it accomplishes.