MAC Strange Journey - Rocky Horror Collection

MAC Strange Journey - Rocky Horror Collection

First of, after reading comments (from other websites) on how dupable the shades of red are from the MAC Rocky Horror collection, one should understand that Rocky Horror is quite a niche interest -- they don't really come out with merchandise, so it /is/ limited edition in that sense.

I remember seeing the swatches online, I had my eyes set on Frank-n-Furter (matte; wonderful deep red shade!), and I completely ignored this as I'm not very keen with oranges.

When I went to a MAC store, I swatched this over my hand, still iffy. However, I put it on my lips and was surprised, I loved it! I have yellow undertones with uneven pigmented lips. This is a bright orange red lipstick. Great color pay-off; smooth in application, it glided the best out of the 3 mattes in the collection; and wears well for 5-6 hours.

I am a neutral-lip kind of girl, deep reds are already too bright for me. Loved the product, loved the packaging, this sure nudged me into getting my first orange!

on 10/4/2014 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a matte shade from the Rocky Horror collection; it is described as a "yellow toned brick red" and it is absolutely gorgeous. I could see this being flattering on a variety of skin tones, fair to ebony. It also appears that it may be perfect for both cool and warm tones ( I am the latter and it is a definite neutral red.) The packaging has the movie inignia etched on it with black shiny casing. The box it comes in has the movie characters inside, so if you're a aficionado you won't be disappointed.
I would love this to be a permanent shade; it is unlike any other I have ( and I have a plethora of red lipsticks.) Pigmentation is excellent and it wears well- I don't find it drying at all. This would be superb with a gold gloss layered over it. I haven't bought anything from a MAC collection in quite some time, but I admit to stalking the website and waiting until they were listed as I love the movie and was enthralled with the color. I got it within just a couple of days with free shipping; it may be sold out now but hopefully the counters and free standing stores have it in stock.

Popular Lipsticks