no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This mascara was a disappointment. I followed the instructions and was underwhelmed, I did not notice a difference in the thickness and length of my mascara, just seemed like a basic ordinary mascara. The mascara itself seemed dry and clumpy and was nothing special when applied. But the most annoying thing was the actual fibers, they were always getting in my eye and were so irritating. Definitely will not repurchase, don't even think I will bother with the rest of the tube :(

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I agree that this set basically sucks. I think it's trying to do a lot of stuff but none of it really well. I don't like the mascara, and in my review on that said that it was very flaky and clumpy. On the plus side though, it is a nice thick black so it looks good in photos. The fibers in the gold wand look really natural and when you complete the process, they stay on actually pretty well. If you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes they do irritate your eyes if you wear this mascara for more than a few hours. I like that you can use these two products to simulate false lashes, and they look nice and full--a lot like falsies. But you have to apply both products carefully or you get a ton of fall out. Also, the fibers stick everywhere! Mine wind up sticking to my waterline too and get super scratchy. I think it's a great set for a night out if you hate falsies like I do, but if you want the look of false lashes all day, I'd go ahead and use the real thing.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

Now I understand all the complaints. I ended up returning this because the fibers kept falling onto my face/under my eyes. The fibers themselves are lovely and gave me fluttery long lashes but they wouldn't stay on no matter what mascara I used with them.

About reviewer (725 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

This is the worst fibre mascara I've ever tried. In fact it's not even really mascara, just fibres that remind me of static hair sticking to a woolly sweater. I used it about 5 times experimenting with ways to improve performance and it irritated my eyes every single time. Functionally it doesn't work anywhere near as well as the fibres in more user friendly products, like the L'Oréal lash extending tubes. It's not worth the effort or physical pain trying to make it work. Skip it and go back to Lights, Camera, Lashes.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Do NOT do what I did and put this on before you need to go out for the day!! I put on a layer of mascara and applied the fibers while it was still wet so they would adhere. I did as light an application as I could. I followed up right away with another coat of mascara to make sure the fibers were "locked in". My lashes did look thicker and longer and surprisingly, the curl didn't collapse. (For reference, I have long but somewhat thin lashes that are straight and downward pointing). Some of the fibers had landed on my cheeks while apply but I brushed them off and went about my business of getting ready to go out for the day. I checked the mirror several times and new fibers were on my cheeks so I put a coat of my wettest mascara (Blinc) on top to try and seal them in and I went out. As I'm driving I'm starting to feel like I want to rub my eyes like crazy. The fibers must have been coming into my eyes. I do not have sensitive eyes. I wasn't reduced to tears but it was very irritating. Even if I were one of those people that didn't find the fibers irritating, the whole process takes way, way to long. It's just so much easier and WAY faster to put on a pair of Ardell 110 super natural false lashes than to use this product which could also be irritating.

About reviewer (259 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Loved this! Makes my average length lashes look beautifully long and full! This is now a part of my everyday look.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Got a sample of this from Sephora. I agree with the other posters that say that this is a horrid product. I understand that you are supposed to put it on between mascara applications (although my "best in faux", did not come with any instructions....had to look up online), but seriously....who has time for lash primer, mascara, fibers, mascara - ? I mean unless you are getting married... As others have said, this was VERY irritating to my eyes - I assume a bunch fell into them. SO glad I didn't spend $ on this. Do not buy.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is by far, one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Aesthetically, it does make a good difference. More so then just a couple coats of regular mascara. The fibers are a nightmare though. They were all over my cheeks, lids, nose, etc. And irritated the crap out of my eyes all day long! Every time I looked in the mirror, I saw more fibers under my eyes and on my cheeks. Absolutely terrible stuff. Fibers are just NOT for me. And yes, I read and followed the directions exactly.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Other, Other

5 years ago

I didn't exactly follow the instructions on the box. They tell you to put the fibers in between coats of mascara, but I first used a primer then placed the fibers and lastly coated everything with my favorite mascara. The results are great! I never have issues with fibers in my eyes ( and I wear contacts constantly and have rather sensitive eyes) and I use the fibers everyday for work. They provide fullness and length but are certainly not over the top "falsies". For me they are great, however I can't compare them to Younique because I haven't tried them, but overall these from Tarte are a quality product given my use with the alternate primer and mascara, neither of which are Tarte. I confess that I did try the mascara included in the box when I first purchased and my first impression was not a good one, I felt I couldnt get good coverage over the fibers. This may not be an issue of the mascara itself, just for me it doesn't work great in conjunction with the fibers.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I cant believe there is only 4 reviews!! This stuff is amazing! very easy to apply and really does work!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24