YSL Mascara in Shocking

YSL Mascara in Shocking

3.6

on 5/7/2018 12:08:00 PM

Bought this on recommendation from a friend.. it was ridiculously expensive and I didn’t feel it looked any better than a cheap one! I have long to thick lashes so work better with a comb.

on 11/17/2017 2:32:00 PM

I am always on the hunt for the best mascara. I have oily lids and mascara always seems to end up around my eyes by the end of the day. sadly this one is no different. it is clumpy too.

on 10/18/2017 10:53:00 PM

I'm so in love with this mascara, the packaging, the best brush for volumising effect, the intense black colour, no clumpiness, doesn't transfer on the skin and gives a true false lash effect with just one coat. And I am so upset it was discontinued just recently. I was explained at YSL counter that it got reformulated and repackaged but it's definitely nothing like the original Shocking. Why oh why all the best products have to be discontinued?!

Shocking is shockingly good, despite trying my hardest to hate it due to the price tag. I certainly lived up to its hype, but I wouldn't say this is the best mascara I have tried. I prefer my new favorite, Too Faced's Better Than Sex. The Shock gives fantastic volume, but that's pretty much it for me. It doesn't give me length, and while it separates my lashes, they look awfully light for using such a dark, black mascara. My lashes don't clump, and I experienced minimal flaking. The brush is very similar to Better Than Sex, maybe just a tad smaller. I would re-purchase again despite the price, however, I feel like Better Than Sex is exactly what I've been looking for, and so I don't have a need to repurchase The Shock.

on 10/27/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Shockingly bad brush, fat and difficult to use, I never smeared mascara over my eyes so badly since I started to wear makeup. That is sooo long ago. Formula is OK. But only ok.

on 4/3/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a firm favourite. I actually prefer the Babydoll version of this, as I find a plastic brush is easier to comb through my lashes. This gives an amazing result, with one coat your lashes stand out. It's really a good mascara for people who love to emphasise their eyes and wear a lot of mascara. My only problem is that I find it dries out faster than most high street mascaras, making it less economical.

I don't know where to start! Ill start by saying I'm a mascara junkie and my favorite mascara brand has got to be maybelline. I love all of the mascaras in that line! I decided to pick up the YSL shocking mascara because I saw it at sephora and fell in love! I actually didn't end up buying it from sephora. I got it from nordstroms. The lady at nordstrom just got me all excited and really made the mascara sound amazing. Let me just tell you how AMAZING it is. Its freaking amazing. I love everything about this mascara. From the package to the actual product. It really is shocking. It makes your lashes look like you just put on 2 sets on fake lashes. It gives you length and volume like no other mascara has.The results are astonishing!! Its a pricy product but Its worth it, I promise. If your a makeup junkie you need this in your collection.
The mascara cost $30

on 10/1/2014 6:31:00 PM

YSL Mascara in Shocking has a shocking price which would be ok, if it was not so shockingly clumpy.