NYX Adorable Shadow Palette

NYX Adorable Shadow Palette

2.7

on 6/14/2016 5:38:00 PM

I have super pale skin, grey eyes and copper hair.I have a difficult time finding a nude palette that doesn't look garish on me even after blending. This one provided me with a pretty, natural look I have been striving for. I thought it blended well and is a great value. If you are very pale skinned this will be a nice natural look for you.

on 1/28/2016 12:32:00 AM

This is literally the worst. You could get better at the dollar store. I was looking for something cute for Valentine's Day, so I picked this up at London Drugs. I went to test it at home, and I was surprised with how terrible it was. It is literally invisible. It's not just light, there's no pigment AT ALL. I smeared about six layers of the darkest, but my eyelid looked naked. Do yourself a favour and use your 7 bucks on fries or something. The only reason it gets one lippie is bc I had to have one to publish this

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this little pallette! Thought the white would be garish, but it goes on nicely and adds the right touch of highlight. The mid-town shade is perfect at mimicking my natural skin tone. The light beige shimmer is nice as a tear duct highlight. Those are just the shades I used this first time. Yes, I too, like high end shadows, but the shades go on nice for me, and I don't wear eye primer. No noticeable fallout, either. Don't expect Chanel quality but it's $8! Wish the had other colors in this pallette.

I'm torn on this product.

The packaging is very cute, and it comes in beautiful colors. It's a great color selection for a cool toned neutral eye.

But the shadows aren't the most pigmented and they are pretty powdery. They fade within 4 hours of wear and take a lot of building to create a good look.

I'll keep playing with it. I've used it a few times, but I'll have to experiment more. They work with other shadows well and they're blendable.

If you're contemplating to buy this, I say skip it. There are better eye shadows out there. I still love NYX cosmetics but this one just didn't do it for me. Oh well, I'll keep trying. :D

The only good thing I can say about this palette is that it has great color selections. It is not pigmented at all, I have to apply over and over to see some sort of color on my eyes. The eyeshadow does not pick up well at all. Its just generally hard to get any of the product off of the palette. The only eyeshadow color that works pretty well is the second color, the matte brown. The eyeshadow is very chalky and when using a brush, the eyeshadow gets everywhere. Also the glitter in the fourth color goes on very splotchy and unevenly. It just looks like you put on dark brown eyeshadow and threw some dollar store arts and craft glitter on your eyes. The price of this palette is unreasonable simply due to the fact that the quality of the eyeshadows you get is very very poor. I've seen some people pull off a decent look with this palette (I don't know how), maybe I got a bad batch or something. I'm really disappointed because this palette has great colors for a very "adorable" look. I was hoping I would be using everyday because it has all the colors I like and generally would use, but sadly the product itself is quite poor.

It kicks up a ton of powder with just a simple tap, but the colors are beautiful and apply nicely. Packaging isn't the best, however

on 11/21/2014 11:48:00 AM

I forgot I had previously reviewed this palette and I recently picked it up again to try for a week or so. I have to say I'm really disappointed with this. Looking at the shadows, you have six separate and distinct colors, and they look so pretty in the palette. (My fave shades were the shimmery ones.) Everybody who loves makeup knows that feeling: Ooh, how many ways can I play with these colors? But when you apply them, they don't work out that way--they just turn into a brownish blur. I've tried applying these various ways: with the white as a base and as an under-brow highlighter; with the shimmery champagne color both ways, with the medium brown shade in the crease or all over the lid, etc. And it just always ends up looking the same. I've used a primer every time I've used this palette, and it doesn't seem to make application any easier or make the colors show up better--but the shadows do stay on my lids longer. I hate to waste money, so I'll keep trying to do something with this that works. But makeup really shouldn't be that hard. I really wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

on 10/3/2014 5:18:00 PM

I honestly didn't have great expectations for this, but I did think it would be better than it actually is. The packaging itself is comparable to what Wet N Wild might package their eyeshadow in, (ie. it's not very assuring to protecting the eyeshadow inside). The color selection seemed great as that is what drew me to this pallette consisting of mostly matte browns, white, and pink. However the texture was chalky, the fallout was immense, and hardly any pigment was imparted on my eyes. The longevity was okay. It was just impossible to work with I didn't have the patience to try to make this pallette work for me.

on 9/30/2014 5:46:00 PM

The Adorable Palette is in the same line as NYX's The Natural Palette and the Sex Bomb Palette. I haven't tried either of the other two, so I can't make any comparisons about quality. I bought the Adorable Palette because I was in need of some basic natural matte shades, plus I liked the pink shade in the Adorable Palette.

The overall quality isn't that great. As far as drugstore eyeshadows go, they aren't terrible, plus they're around $8 for six colors, which isn't too bad. I used the shadows over ELF eyelid primer and NYX Milk, but these shadows just aren't that pigmented. They are relatively blendable, though. I mostly use them together with my Wet n Wild shadows, using some of the darker NYX shadows to define.

The packaging looks a little bit flimsy, but I haven't dropped it yet so I'm not sure how sturdy it actually is. A small annoyance is that when I open the palette all the way, the lid gets in the way so the palette doesn't lie flat-- instead, it tilts forward a little bit, and if I push down it rocks backwards a little bit. Just something minor, but it can get annoying if you press down hard with your brush.

These shadows are not very pigmented however the matte brown colours are pigmented enough for me to use as an eyebrow powder and a subtle eyeliner.