innisfree Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam

3.4

on 9/30/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's promise:

A pore cleansing foam with Jeju volcanic clusters to attach to sebum and purify pores.

Directions:

Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. After massaging, rinse off with lukewarm water.

The product itself:
- Tube packaging ( which I love )

- Has a subtle scent, which is both fresh and pleasant, without being overpowering

- Consistency of the cleanser is thick
( Similiar to that of the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Face Wash)

- has 'scoria beads' aka. volcanic ash for light exfoliation

- Lathers up to a nice thick foam

What I like about it :

Deep and thorough cleanse:

This cleanser is really nice because it is thick and lathers really well for a thorough clean of the skin. I especially like it for days where my skin was being overly oily or if I've had a 'heavier-than-usual' make-up day. I also liked that I could easily control the consistency of this cleanser where I could have a 'light' cleanse by adjusting the amount of water I mix it with. This makes it totally skin friendly for day-to-day use.

My favourite way to use this product is to actually spend 7 good minutes massaging this product into the skin, and at the same time giving my face a pamper session. I would then leave it on my face and proceed to shower; rinsing off the cleanser only at the end. What I would find is that my skin felt so much smoother and pores even slightly reduced.

Ingredients :

It has been a habit of mine to check the ingredients list of the products before I use them. To my surprise, the ingredients of this cleanser fares well. Not only does this have fruit and plant extracts, it has little or no alcohol content as well.

They don't publicise this, but the fruit and plant extracts includes: Green tea ( camillia sinesis ) , Satsuma orange (citrus unshiu), Japanese camellia ( camellia japonica), Prickly pears ( opuntia coccinellifera) and Orchid. I can't say the same for the fragrance in the cleanser though. Considering the price of this product at SGD $13 for 100ml, this is a good and afforadable cleanser.

The Bad:

Exfoliation:

I found that the 'scoria beads' disintegrated before it had time to exfoliate much of my skin. So I wouldn't recommend this product if your sole intention for getting it is for the physical exfoliation.

Oil control :

With the volcanic ash beads disintegrated into the foam during cleansing, I expected some form of oil control with this product. Innisfree have heavily marketed it's volcanic ash line as one which is effective in that area.

Who will like it :

- generally, I would have to say that those with combination to oily skin would really enjoy this product. As deep of a cleanse this provides, it could possibly have that 'tight and dry' effect that I know those with normal to dry skin hate.

read more about it :

on 1/11/2019 8:52:00 AM

I bought this product on a whim without first reading any reviews. Actually it was during a trip to South Korea and I got so excited to get my hands on any types of skincare from popular K-beauty brands. So when I saw a gift set from Innisfree with some clay masks and this cleanser my excitement got to me and I bought it.

Should have looked it up first! I have combination skin, sometimes dry and sometimes oily on the T-zone. This product is best suited for oily skin since it strips the skin of everything...This is probably the reason why my skin is so dry right now! Not ideal for Swedish winter so to speak... I use it as a second step in my double cleansing routine together with an oil cleanser and I usually use a very gentle cleanser as my second step since my skin is quite sensitive.

This foaming cleanser removes makeup well so that's a plus... But since it's so drying maybe you can say it's doing its job too well. Atleast for me. I decided to use this cleanser for a while to see if it was just a phase and my skin would adapt, but since my skin is in a quite not-so-good state I should probably quit this cleanser! Back to the gentle stuff it is.

on 6/16/2017 3:18:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for 10 months . First few months were great ! Pores were less , pimples too .

Then after 8 months .... my skin got so broken red , itchy, dry, sensitive again .

Switched to something "milder"(fresh soy cleanser) n it's ok again FOR NOW .

I'm on the fence about this . Sometimes it works . And other times, it's just a cheap temporary fix w potential long term damage.

Definitely recommend this w a sensitiv skin care range so your skin won't freak out if your skin is particular like mine .

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This does a good job of washing away make up and making your face feel squeaky clean! However, it made me break out so much and I hardly ever break out ): So disappointed in this because I really wanted to like it. This broke my friend out as well and now it's just sitting in my shower. I've gone back to clean and clear and my skin is perfectly fine now /: will not repurchase!

on 10/15/2015 7:49:00 PM

I've used this cleanser for 2 months now and plan on repurchasing when I run out.
I love this cleanser in that a little goes a long way in foaming and cleansing. It washes away my BB cream well (does not work on liquid foundation).
This does not dry out my combination skin, which breaks out easily and has dry flaking cheeks during the winter.
There are little particles inside that are mean to exfoliate the skin, but I haven't seen any exfoliating from this. Also, I've some visible pores on my nose. After 2 months of using this cleanser, I've not seen them reduced or cleansed.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this cleansing foam for the last 2 years continuously...which is a long time for me! This is amazing for oily skins and cleans without any harshness! I bought it first about 5 years ago in Seoul, forgot about it until it recently opened in Singapore and have never looked back since!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

For the 150ml cleanser, I paid USD$10 (AUD$11.75/SGD$13) from a Korean eBay seller. For the 300ml cleanser, I paid USD$16 (AUD$18.05/SGD$20) from the Innisfree Singapore store.

PROS:

- One of the most effective cleanser in makeup removal that I have ever used. It removes long-lasting foundation and waterproof sunscreen very well.
- It can gently unclog non-stubborn whiteheads/blackheads. See my before and after photos below, where I cleansed my entire face with the pore brush and results were immediate in 20 secs or so.
- Great value as 150ml can last you 4 to 8 months depending on frequency and amount of usage.
- It foams up very well, works great with a pore brush and feels very smooth on skin.
- It doesn't break out my sensitive skin.
- Made of natural ingredients and one of the gentlest makeup removal products

Check out the blog post for gross/dramatic before/after pictures of blackheads on the nose and a more detailed review

on 3/1/2017 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. I noticed that my face also appeared to be slightly brighter after wash.

I have also tried other Innisfree cleansers but this was the best among the rest.

on 2/15/2017 7:06:00 AM

Of all the foam cleansers I've tried so far, this is the only one that stood out for me.

I just ordered a new bottle as I already emptied the first one. I have combination to oily skin type with hormonal acne (which don't show up much lately, to my delight!). It's probably not as foamy as the other foam cleansers out there but I'm satisfied with its creamy lather. My face always feel so clean and brighter right after wash, and not drying. I'm not sure if I'm imagining this but I feel like this also make my pores less noticeable. I really enjoy using this product.

Price is a bit high but this is a big tube and a little goes a long way, so I guess I'm okay with it as it does its job well on my face.

Before this I was using a foam cleanser from biore which also feels good while washing but I always end up washing twice as it doesn't really clean my face well.

on 4/9/2016 2:49:00 AM

I bought this because I have:
- combi skin leaning more towards the oily side
- large pores around my nose area
- overall dull looking skin

So, on how this product fared...
It left my face feeling refreshed and clean. I use it with my okay pro-x and it foams up just the right amount. My skin did look brighter after a few washes.

I've developed my own "test" to see how gentle a cleanser is. Basically I open my eyes once the product is lathered and foamed. If my eyes sting, the product is a no-go for me. This cleanser did not sting AT ALL.

The micro-beads in this cleanser don't exactly help in exfoliating, in my opinion. Also, my pores did not appear to be any smaller.

That being said, I think this is overall a pretty good cleanser. A small amount is sufficient to cleanse the entire face, and given the size of the product, it'll probably last a good 6 months. Definitely worth the price.