innisfree Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam

3.4

on 9/30/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's promise:

A pore cleansing foam with Jeju volcanic clusters to attach to sebum and purify pores.

Directions:

Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. After massaging, rinse off with lukewarm water.

The product itself:
- Tube packaging ( which I love )

- Has a subtle scent, which is both fresh and pleasant, without being overpowering

- Consistency of the cleanser is thick
( Similiar to that of the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Face Wash)

- has 'scoria beads' aka. volcanic ash for light exfoliation

- Lathers up to a nice thick foam

What I like about it :

Deep and thorough cleanse:

This cleanser is really nice because it is thick and lathers really well for a thorough clean of the skin. I especially like it for days where my skin was being overly oily or if I've had a 'heavier-than-usual' make-up day. I also liked that I could easily control the consistency of this cleanser where I could have a 'light' cleanse by adjusting the amount of water I mix it with. This makes it totally skin friendly for day-to-day use.

My favourite way to use this product is to actually spend 7 good minutes massaging this product into the skin, and at the same time giving my face a pamper session. I would then leave it on my face and proceed to shower; rinsing off the cleanser only at the end. What I would find is that my skin felt so much smoother and pores even slightly reduced.

Ingredients :

It has been a habit of mine to check the ingredients list of the products before I use them. To my surprise, the ingredients of this cleanser fares well. Not only does this have fruit and plant extracts, it has little or no alcohol content as well.

They don't publicise this, but the fruit and plant extracts includes: Green tea ( camillia sinesis ) , Satsuma orange (citrus unshiu), Japanese camellia ( camellia japonica), Prickly pears ( opuntia coccinellifera) and Orchid. I can't say the same for the fragrance in the cleanser though. Considering the price of this product at SGD $13 for 100ml, this is a good and afforadable cleanser.

The Bad:

Exfoliation:

I found that the 'scoria beads' disintegrated before it had time to exfoliate much of my skin. So I wouldn't recommend this product if your sole intention for getting it is for the physical exfoliation.

Oil control :

With the volcanic ash beads disintegrated into the foam during cleansing, I expected some form of oil control with this product. Innisfree have heavily marketed it's volcanic ash line as one which is effective in that area.

Who will like it :

- generally, I would have to say that those with combination to oily skin would really enjoy this product. As deep of a cleanse this provides, it could possibly have that 'tight and dry' effect that I know those with normal to dry skin hate.

read more about it :

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

For the 150ml cleanser, I paid USD$10 (AUD$11.75/SGD$13) from a Korean eBay seller. For the 300ml cleanser, I paid USD$16 (AUD$18.05/SGD$20) from the Innisfree Singapore store.

PROS:

- One of the most effective cleanser in makeup removal that I have ever used. It removes long-lasting foundation and waterproof sunscreen very well.
- It can gently unclog non-stubborn whiteheads/blackheads. See my before and after photos below, where I cleansed my entire face with the pore brush and results were immediate in 20 secs or so.
- Great value as 150ml can last you 4 to 8 months depending on frequency and amount of usage.
- It foams up very well, works great with a pore brush and feels very smooth on skin.
- It doesn't break out my sensitive skin.
- Made of natural ingredients and one of the gentlest makeup removal products

Check out the blog post for gross/dramatic before/after pictures of blackheads on the nose and a more detailed review

on 12/19/2014 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I love this cleanser! It doesn't leave my face too dry after using this but the exfoliating beads are enough to give me a good clean feeling. It's not expensive compared to other really good cleansers and has not broken me out. There's no smell which is a plus for me as I prefer cleansers without fragrances.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this cleansing foam for the last 2 years continuously...which is a long time for me! This is amazing for oily skins and cleans without any harshness! I bought it first about 5 years ago in Seoul, forgot about it until it recently opened in Singapore and have never looked back since!

on 10/15/2015 7:49:00 PM

I've used this cleanser for 2 months now and plan on repurchasing when I run out.
I love this cleanser in that a little goes a long way in foaming and cleansing. It washes away my BB cream well (does not work on liquid foundation).
This does not dry out my combination skin, which breaks out easily and has dry flaking cheeks during the winter.
There are little particles inside that are mean to exfoliate the skin, but I haven't seen any exfoliating from this. Also, I've some visible pores on my nose. After 2 months of using this cleanser, I've not seen them reduced or cleansed.

on 11/6/2015 6:14:00 PM

Finally i found my HG cleansing product. Altough this brand is not in my country, i bring it from abroad after it finishes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite cleansers now, I have combi skin and it works as well. it does have beads for exfoliation but the beads are quite scattered and soft so its not rough for the skin and its suitable to use daily unlike some cleansers who have rough beads which are unsuitable for use everyday.

product is easily available in my country and is less than SGD 10 when I buy in changi duty free store . think is SGD 8 plus. have stocked up 2 more tubes in my recent trip.

the jeju volcanic range from innisfree does work really well and remember not to throw away the tube once you use up the product, bring it back to the innisfree store to recycle , its for a good environmental cause and you will get 50 points( in sg not sure about other countries) for every product you bring to recycle as long as the packaging in the product indicates please bring it back to innisfree for recycling,.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This does a good job of washing away make up and making your face feel squeaky clean! However, it made me break out so much and I hardly ever break out ): So disappointed in this because I really wanted to like it. This broke my friend out as well and now it's just sitting in my shower. I've gone back to clean and clear and my skin is perfectly fine now /: will not repurchase!

I bought this when I visited Korea because I had looked up innisfree reviews on other websites. My cousin bought a bottle in China, but she doesn't have problematic skin I like do. I used half of it and decided that it wasn't doing anything beneficial to my skin. In Korea, it didn't cost much so I ended up using it as body wash. I wouldn't recommend this product, especially for how foaming it is thanks to the sodium laurel sulfate.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this after my usual night cleanser finished and wanted to try out this brand. I was specifically looking for a deep cleansing cleanser since I wear make up almost everyday.

The smell of the product was nice, and it did a great job in making your skin feel squeaky clean. This may be a bad idea for people with dry skin, but highly recommended for people with oily skin. Just remember to moisturise after.

There are beads for exfoliation as well, but should not be used as an exfoliator, since the beads are really scattered that the chance of getting only 3-4 beads at a time is high. Thus this is great for everyday use. At SGD$14 for a relatively large bottle, which probably can last me about 3-6 months (since I do not use a lot of it at once), is considered quite inexpensive.

Definitely will buy again.