Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask

2.5

Not tested on animals

This product is good, just not great. It makes my skin feel pretty smooth, but it very closely resembles lotion and I don't like it enough to justify spending that much on it, although I will use it until I run out. I was expecting something that would clear up my acne more, and I will continue to search for a good, nontoxic mask that won't dry my skin out. However, if you are someone who does like full on facial masks and prefers something gentler, this is for you. Overall it's good to have in your skincare collection but it isn't holy grail material.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really had high hopes for this product as I've had success with other rose water or rose products but it really irritated my sensitive skin. It made me bright red at first and then little red bumps the next day so no go for me. I'm also not sure it's so good for those with combo/sensitive or oily/sensitive skin because it felt a little heavy on my face, like perhaps it would clog my pores. I didn't notice any blackheads afterwards but just a gut feeling.

on 5/5/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am honestly so surprised by the reviews on this mask. Maybe they reformulated it? I love this mask. I have dry somewhat sensitive skin and this mask has totally gotten rid of the redness and dry patches I was experiencing. My complexion is looking a lot smoother since I started using it. The fragrance is very light nor did I feel any irritation, I am looking forward to trying other products from Andalou Naturals.

on 2/23/2016 2:13:00 PM

Yeah, to add to the chorus: I'm just not sure this product really does anything. It doesn't irritate my skin, but it's not that moisturising, and my skin basically just looks and feels the same after I use it. I'd get better results just by applying a good night cream.

on 1/15/2016 12:53:00 AM

I'm not sure what this is supposed to do...it does NOTHING as a mask. I'm been using it as hand cream, and it is awful for that too.
Seriously...do not buy this item.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mask during the winter. I use it as a overnight mask. It has the most beautiful consistency and really deeply hydrates my skin. I'm super dry and dehydrated during the winter and this plumps up my skin. I'll use it 3 times a week.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'll keep it simple. This, and the other 1000 Roses products are lovely, they are just to lightweight for us 40 ish ladies. 😜

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has a light pretty floral scent (not strongly of roses). It has a gel-like consistency. Though I like the scent I don't think this really does anything for my skin.

on 7/5/2015 1:09:00 AM

I used this mask today for the first time and I've already decided that I will be returning it. I have sensitive skin and immediately after this product touched my face, it burned so bad! I'm too afraid to try it again because I've used products made for "sensitive skin" and they irritated my face. I wanted to like it but I'm not willing to risk my face having a bad reaction.

on 12/28/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although I really like the Andalou 1000 Roses line (esp. the toner!) I don't think I would repurchase this mask, as I feel the claims are a little misleading.

First, the packaging is beautiful on all of this lines products so no complaints there! The texture of the product is nice and does feel like a whipped souffl. After using this product once, I will say I did see a bit of nice moisture added and the smell is absolutely divine!

However, this product is labeled to be for those who have sensitive skin. I am someone who has slightly sensitive skin, but not overly sensitive or reactive. Here comes this misleading part... If you do have sensitive skin, I would NOT recommend this. This product BURNS pretty much instantly after application. I also have seen other reviews on youtube of people saying the same thing. I don't think the moisture I saw was worth the pain though. I really really wanted to like this product!