Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask

2.6

Not tested on animals

on 8/4/2018 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Bought the trial size kit at TJ Maxx for 10 bucks so it was a great price point. This mask is like a thick slathering of lotion and might be great for sensitive or dry skin. I have a combo skin that leans towards oily with breakouts. Didn't do anything but moisturize. Can't say more than that.

My skin isn’t particularly sensitive and can take a lot of heavy-duty products. I was hoping for this to be calming and hydrating but apart of being very heavily fraganced and not moisturizing at all, it made my skin sting and burn. There’s no evidence that I might be allergic to any of the ingredients so I won’t be buying this again (and it should never be marketed towards sensitive skin).

on 12/31/2017 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely love this! I use Retin-A which dries my skin a bit and now that it's winter my skin is even drier. I was using Cera-Ve lotion along with the Andalou 1000 Roses Night Cream, but my skin was still dry and flaky, so I decided to give this a try. I can't understate how much it has transformed my skin. A lot of my redness has diminished and I have very little dryness left. My skin looks healthier than it's looked in a long time. My skin isn't super sensitive so I can't weigh in on that aspect in the negative reviews here, but all I can say is I love this product and will 100% repurchase it and definitely recommend giving it a try.

This product is good, just not great. It makes my skin feel pretty smooth, but it very closely resembles lotion and I don't like it enough to justify spending that much on it, although I will use it until I run out. I was expecting something that would clear up my acne more, and I will continue to search for a good, nontoxic mask that won't dry my skin out. However, if you are someone who does like full on facial masks and prefers something gentler, this is for you. Overall it's good to have in your skincare collection but it isn't holy grail material.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really had high hopes for this product as I've had success with other rose water or rose products but it really irritated my sensitive skin. It made me bright red at first and then little red bumps the next day so no go for me. I'm also not sure it's so good for those with combo/sensitive or oily/sensitive skin because it felt a little heavy on my face, like perhaps it would clog my pores. I didn't notice any blackheads afterwards but just a gut feeling.

on 5/5/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am honestly so surprised by the reviews on this mask. Maybe they reformulated it? I love this mask. I have dry somewhat sensitive skin and this mask has totally gotten rid of the redness and dry patches I was experiencing. My complexion is looking a lot smoother since I started using it. The fragrance is very light nor did I feel any irritation, I am looking forward to trying other products from Andalou Naturals.

on 2/23/2016 2:13:00 PM

Yeah, to add to the chorus: I'm just not sure this product really does anything. It doesn't irritate my skin, but it's not that moisturising, and my skin basically just looks and feels the same after I use it. I'd get better results just by applying a good night cream.

on 1/15/2016 12:53:00 AM

I'm not sure what this is supposed to do...it does NOTHING as a mask. I'm been using it as hand cream, and it is awful for that too.
Seriously...do not buy this item.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mask during the winter. I use it as a overnight mask. It has the most beautiful consistency and really deeply hydrates my skin. I'm super dry and dehydrated during the winter and this plumps up my skin. I'll use it 3 times a week.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'll keep it simple. This, and the other 1000 Roses products are lovely, they are just to lightweight for us 40 ish ladies. 😜