Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Day Care

No Image

3.3

Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Tapioca Starch, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Octyldodecanol, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Panthenol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Piroctone Olamine

on 12/3/2016 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have rosacea for 2 years. With the exception of a couple of oils which calmed and fixed angry papulo-pustular flare-ups (after the dermatologists miserably failed at it), this is THE ONE cream I can use on my face.
I discovered it by accident (was abroad, ran out of the oil I was using, decided to take a leap of faith because of the licorice it contains...).
It does leave my skin feeling dry, I would prefer it to be more moisturizing at my age, at least more gel-like, but beggars can't be choosers, the price is fantastic, and combined with thermal water and oils - which I am now using only a couple of times a week, it successfully keeps any flare-ups at bay.

on 12/30/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a foil sample of this Nivea sensitive day care lotion and the Nivea sensitive night cream lotion a while ago, I can't remember where... I think it was in a magazine.

The foil package state that there's liquorice extract & grape seed oil in it, and that it is formulated without parabens, colorants and perfume, which is great. The texture of this cream is rich, thick and consistent. To me, it almost feel like a night cream. It's ok in the harsh winter but I'm pretty sure it would be too much for my skin in the hot summer, even if my skin is dry to really-dry.

It moisturize the skin and leave it plumped and without dry patches, BUT if you like to apply your moisturizer and apply your makeup right after, this may not be the cream for you. It need time to set and does not leave the skin silky soft. My skin feel like there's a moisturizer on it, if that makes senses. It doesn't feel moisturized but it feels like there's moisturizer on it.. So i would definitively need a primer to make my skin silky before applying my makeup. I usually use a primer anyway but sometimes I skip this step and it might not be the best with this product for nivea.

Another thing to note is that it didn't irritate my skin at all. I have a really sensitive skin that tends to go red as soon as something is too harsh or too strong, at it didn't react to this product at all. All-in-all, it's a nice product that I might keep in my back pocket if my skin is going super dry and flaky, but this is not something that I would use everyday and purchase as an HG day lotion.

Great news to people who loved Nivea Sensitive Balance! It's back, and it's in highly improved packaging!

As much as I love the look of a jar, they're ungainly and unhygienic. Nivea has brought back the beloved and highly rated day cream in a new hygienic tube packaging, along with it's night cream sister. It's creamy, ultra moisturizing and doesn't make my skin into an oil slick. Now that it's getting colder I've been on the hunt for a moisturizer that can withstand my skin's flakes and bumps and this is it! Super creamy but also light. You can tell the night cream is much thicker which is perfect for nighttime. I purchased this along with the micellar cleansing solution and night cream from this line and am very satisfied. My face feels moisturized for the first time in forever. I anticipate this might be too moisturizing for me in the summer, but for fall and winter it's perfect!

UPDATE: This and it's accompanying night cream ended up clogging my pores. I had little flesh covered bumps everywhere :( Might work for someone but didn't end up working for my combo-sensitive skin.