Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow quad

3.5

on 5/13/2018 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Got this in Dolce Vita. Have to say the colours are lovely and very pigmented. Packaging is quite meh, no brushes or anything considering the price.

The problem is that this eyeshadow literally 'melted' within about 1 hour of applying it. Never had a problem with any other eyeshadow; always use an eyeshadow primer and setting spray. As soon as I applied this is beginning creasing and smudging away until all the colours had effectively merged into one. Although its pigmented it can be very patchy too and quite hard to blend. There a much better and cheaper eyeshadow palettes.

on 2/1/2018 5:09:00 PM

I have a few golden godess, uptown girl and dolce vita . I love the consistency I don't mind the packaging I don't expect a brush id use a proper brush anyhow, an at £42 the packaging is better than a high street not as good as £100 a shot palette so that's fine. What my issue is I find the actual eyeshadow quite irritating my eyes itch mainly with the dolce vita palette. I get itchy red eyes an after I take it off my eye lids are sore does anyone else find this? Its not the glitter shadow just the normal base shade ??? Does anyone else have this issue

on 11/17/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I purchased the rebel palette because I already have so many browns and gold and I want to try new, fun colours. When I got this I was amazed! The colour selection is beautiful, the colors reflect gold which is amazing. Pigmintation is out of this world and they are pretty easy to work with, they last long. But the don't apply well with dry brushes, you gotta use your fingers or wet your brush. There is a little fall out but that doesn't bother me, I just wanted to throw it out there so y'all know.& Looks amazing on olive skin

I got Golden Goddess (& Sophisticate is on the way so YES! to rebuy!!) GG is a mix of brown shimmery tones w 1 Matte darker warm brown & I love it it's quickly become my fave quad out of the zillions i own Chanel etc & palettes like Urban Decay/MAC & singles this blows the competition out of the water. Long wearing velvety shades not too trendy for me basic neutral shades that most people may already own but for me this is a new twist on a classic. I would also like to get Dolce Vita. #winning

Beautiful and seductive packaging (as with everything from Charlotte Tilbury) but ultimately lacking in quality. I had a $50 Nordstrom gift card and wanted to treat myself to a luxury eyeshadow palette for the fall -- the Dolce Vita palette from CT seemed like the perfect acquisition due to the warm, sultry, autumnal shades. At first I thought I loved them because after all Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows are very pricey and how could they be anything other than amazing right? Well about two weeks later I got my hands on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette and that totally blew these out of the water. ABH Modern Renaissance is intensely pigmented and stays on all day whereas Dolce Vita faded and was barely visible after five hours. This eyeshadow quad is WAY too expensive to perform in mediocre fashion. Ended up returning it and getting two CT lipsticks instead (Bond Girl and Kim K). Now those may just be worth the price tag!

on 7/16/2016 12:34:00 AM

I bought the Dolce Vita palette from Beautylish.com. The delivery is superb and the delivery packaging is so sturdy and my products all came in great condition.

Ok, back to the palette review. First of all, the packaging of this palette is average. Not as extravagant as Tom Ford. But the colour of the case is nice. However, on the inside the gold plastic is cheap and my fingerprints gets all over the place.

Next, having made $52 for a palette, I did not get any mini brush or travel pouch for the eyeshadow quad! This is essential during travelling and for touch ups! (Suqqu is of similar price range and they can provide supreme squirrel hair brushes as well as a suede pouch for my palette!) Some people mentioned that it is still cheaper than Tom Ford. But come on! The quality is very very different and the price per gram is much more expensive than Tom Ford. At least Tom Ford quad has high quality packaging with 2 mini brushes and applications with a suede pouch that is so soft and smooth.

Lastly, the colours in the quad. Seriously, it is so disappointing! The consistency of the powder is poor. The swatch test was bad, the colours looks patchy (in a single swipe, you could see some areas with more powder and some areas with little colour). The colours are not any unique than those on the market. The glitters are of POOR quality. It CANNOT be compared with Tom Ford! It cannot be compared with any glitters that I have. The glitters fall out is crazy. If you were to brush the lids after applying the glitter, they will fall off COMPLETELY! No kidding. And unlike Tom Ford's "adult glitter", this is like my 5 year old niece's barbie glitter. It gets all over the place other than your eyelids. The quality of the shades are poor. The Zoeva Cocoa blend is much better and the shades are similar.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have The Rebel palette. I love the green colours... Very pigmented, stays all day--doesn't become a muddy colour by the end of the day like other green eyeshadows I've used in the past. I get a lot of comments when I use this quad. Heck, I should be getting comments since I paid $68 CAD for it!

For my Asian sisters who are considering purchasing any of these quads, you DO need an eyeshadow primer!! CT does not have any eyeshadow primer since the 'prime' shadow seems "sufficient" enough as a base [according to CT's videos on Youtube]. I did use this quad WITHOUT an eyeshadow primer ONCE and IT WAS A MESS. I do have oily eyelids..
I use my Urban Decay primer potion and the eyeshadow stays put! So use that primer you have!

Overall, it is a nice product to start with if you're new to the brand (like I am!).

on 1/25/2016 4:43:00 PM

Sexy eye shadows.

I own two: The Dolce Vita and The Glamour Muse

The Dolce vita is based on golden tones, the darkest colour being a light merlot. All of the shadows have a shimmer to them. They can easily go from day to night. If you are unsure what to do with the shadows, watch the tutorial on her website. It helps make the most of the product.

The Glamour Muse is a sultry, rather unusual combination of shadows. Sheer pink, taupe, light plum and an almost olive hue. Like The Dolce Vita, these shadows have a shimmer. All of these colours can go from day to night as well. These shades work well for light eyes. They have really made the green pop in my eyes.

They last all night. At least my version of all night. Dinner and drinks.

Cute compact.

on 10/19/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

As with the prior reviewer, I got the Sophisticate Palette. I love the warm matte colors. I have neutral undertones and can't wear shimmers due to saggy crepey eyelids so this quad is perfect for me. I can see how it wouldn't work as well on cool tones such as hers. The texture is creamy and smooth and the colors are all wearable, versatile neutrals with fab color payoff that's buildable from sheer to deep as desired. Although you get plenty of product as the pan sizes are big, it comes in a convenient, small carry in your makeup bag purse sized palette (no applicators included which could be a negative for some, but I prefer using other brushes anyway as I don't love those little ones that fall out of the case every time you open it). Definite rebuy for me!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the dolce vita. I have tan/olive skin and fell in love when I saw the youtube vid of Charlotte demo-ing it. However, only half of the palette is usable. The highlight color is very chalky / frosty. And the pop color is just a burst of glitter that maybe mayyyyyyybe works on one day of the year, Halloween. The texture of the powders isn't too good either. It doesn't spread well and the fall out is significant after 4 hours. Meanwhile the packaging lacks brushes and with the price on par with Dior's quints (which offers 5 colors and 2 brushes) I won't be purchasing this again and urge anyone else to demo this in a store before committing