GOSH Prime n Set Primer & Mattifying Setting Powder

GOSH Prime n Set Primer & Mattifying Setting Powder

3.4

Ingredients: Oryza Sativa Powder, Silica, Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Capryloyl Glycine, Magnesium Stearate, Potassium Succinate, Cellulose, Zinc Stearate.

on 12/7/2017 10:33:00 AM

A big mehhhh. Flashbacks and patches of product on the skin. Smells odd too. It does the job just meh

on 9/25/2017 4:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

*This review is for the banana version as a setting powder, not a primer (Gosh recommend only using this as a primer if you use mineral makeup as a foundation. If you are using a liquid foundation, this should be applied as a setting powder*

I have come to realise that, having tried three loose powders, they are not for me. I find them too drying; they accentuate flakes I didn't realise I had and also have a tendency to highlight large pores - particularly on my nose. Unfortunately, as a setting powder, this product made my foundation 'crack' towards the end of the day too - something I have never experienced before. That aside, I love the colour of this and it photographs beautifully. The packaging is very clever incorporating a twist-sifter mechanism so you never 'lose' any loose powder. There is no talc in the formulation and Gosh pride themselves on cruelty, paraben and perfume free makeup which is always a bonus.

Overall, it's not for me but if you like a loose powder and don't find them overly drying, this is a good, reasonably priced option.

PROS
Fabulous colour
Photographs beautifully
Excellent packaging
Cruelty, paraben and perfume free formulation - no talc!

CONS
Drying (all loose powders are on me...time to switch back to pressed, I think!)
Accentuated flakes on my skin I didn't know I had
Made liquid foundation 'crack' as day progressed
Highlighted large pores

**UPDATE**

I'm not sure whether the Maybelline mascara or this powder is to blame but since using this I have developed a sore reaction on the skin around my eyes. Blotchy, red, tender, slightly swollen...I look like I've aged about 75 years. Doesn't affect my rating as I didn't like the product on my skin anyway, but just a heads up to anyone who is sensitive or prone to allergies. Needless to say I'm having to go makeup-free to see if the reaction clears up.

on 8/20/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is an extremely fine, totally transparent powder. I haven't used it as a primer because the pre-liquid powdering doesn't work for me, but as a setting powder it's HG material. It's an excellent dupe for NARS LRLP or MAC's Prep + Prime TFP. It's only 10, so it's fantastic value.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

its ok. it does look and feel cakey sometimes.

on 7/1/2016 6:46:00 AM

This is great used on my oily t-zone before I put on foundation! I just rub it in, put on my foundation and I'm oil free for the day! I've tried tonnes of mattifying primers, matte powders and setting sprays and nothing has kept the oils at bay like this little gem..And it's a tenner, Happy days 😎 It feels smooth, it's colourless blended on the skin and it doesn't cake for me under my foundation (Clinique Beyond Perfecting) For oily/combo skin I can't fault this.. Probably not the best option for drier skins as it is so good as sucking up the oils!

Awesome product. I use it as a primer under my bareminarls original powder foundation. Normally If I use the bareminerals alone just with a simple powder on top my face becomes very oily through out the day but with this product as a primer It Works wonders.

on 9/25/2014 10:03:00 PM

I started out by looking for something to shield my skin from the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 110. Why? Because 1) my skin is allergic to it; tiny bumps develop all over my cheeks every time I use it 2) almost all sunscreen now contains nano particles. They are so small that they can penetrate your skin and who knows what they can do to your health. But this sunscreen does offer protection like no other sunscreen can for me so I decided to keep it. So I looked for a primer that can effectively block the sunscreen from my skin. I just happened to be shopping at a Shoppers Drug Mart and this primer (which is a powder) caught my eye and I decided to give it a try. It rubbed off like skin flakes when I applied it with my fingers, but it blended very well into my skin with a brush. It's a white powder but I don't think it will affect the color of your foundation unless you have a very dark complexion, because you do not need a lot to cover your whole face. Ever since I started using it underneath the sunscreen I never have another allergic reaction again.

Another advantage it has over regular primer is that it actually (I think) absorbs oil because it's a powder. It keeps my look fresher for a much longer period of time. However, people with dry skin probably will not like how it makes their skin looks.

The only downside to this primer is the price. At $20 it's quite expensive because it comes in such a small container (7 g / 0.2 oz); I'm not sure how long it can last.

on 3/4/2015 6:43:00 PM

It did mattify but left my face looking cakey.

on 5/21/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Its a white transluscent powder that does what it says. I use it for highlighting under my eyes and it mattifies that area very well. I also sometimes use it to set my whole face and to make my make up last longer. However when I let it cook before I buff it off for several times under my eyes , it set deep into my pores and made them look even bigger. I suggest working with this powder quickly if you have large pores like mine. I bought it for about �8 and its not so bad for a drugstore product.