Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Angels in Aubergine

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THREE WORDS-
PRAISE. THE. HEAVENS.

I love Wet n Wild, but even those who love them have to admit that they sometimes fail us. In the past, some of their Limited Editions, and even some permanent line products have been a disappointment. But these Limited Editions for Fall might possibly be the best LE palettes we have EVER seen from wet n wild!!

Not only are these shades buttery soft, and pigmented as all get out, they also contain NAKED 3 DUPES!!

Who saw that coming?!?!?!
Literally nobody, that's who.

Even if these didn't have dupes, they are still shades that we have never seen wet n wild make before. In fact, I can't think of another drugstore brand that has a palette similar to any of these. This is reason enough to pick them up!

What impresses me so much about these is that they are unique colors, and also the formula we've come to know and love. Last year, I think a lot of the LE palettes were a flop. The formulation just wasn't right. This year however, I'm excited to say that it's been great. Just comparing this Summer LE's to last years Summer's, you can tell the pigmentation and texture have improved greatly. I feel like this has continued in the Fall palettes.

"Melrose at Night" and "Smoke and Melrose" are definitely the most popular. They contain neutral shades with rose undertones throughout. These are the two palettes containing Naked 3 dupes. "Angels in Aubergine" is a very smokey palette, also containing rose undertones. The only one I haven't featured is "High Waisted Jeans", because I don't own it, and it is definitely the least popular of the 4. (I also ran out of room in the title for the product.....oops!)

The only con I can see with these palettes is that the labels on the shades can be confusing. Anyone who knows how to do eye makeup fairly well can definitely look past this, but those who are unexperienced may find it troublesome. For example, in Angels in Aubergine, the pink is labeled browbone. Someone who knows makeup would see it as a great shade to add to a brown crease color, to warm it up. However, someone who is unexperienced may be walking around with a pink browbone, failing to realize it's not a cute look. That would be super bad. Also, in Melrose at Night, the shade labeled crease is a light shimmery pink...I'm sorry, but who the heck is going to think it's a good idea to throw a shimmery pink into the crease?!?!

The only explanation I can think of for these labels is that there are certain shades they may have wanted you to get more of, if that makes sense. Because all of the shades have different shapes, and consequently have more or less product. Personally, I'm really glad that the pink browbone shade is labeled that way, because I get more product, and I will be able to use it for a long time. The fact that the labels are the only con, and there are still positive aspects of it, says a lot about these palettes I think.

The hype that these palettes have is overwhelming! I think anyone who passes these up with definitely regret it later. These shadows are the good old formulation we've come to expect from the brand, and they are extremely unique colors that will look great on everyone.

Word of advice- if you're on the lookout for these, make sure to call your local drugstores before starting your hunt. I had to call FOUR Walgreen's before I found one that had them in stock. I'm so glad I called beforehand, because it definitely saved me a lot of time ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

WET N WILD COLOR ICON EYE SHADOW KITS FOR FALL 2014!!!!

OK GANG... I'M GOING TO TRY TO KEEP THIS ONE UNDER 6000 CHARACTERS LOL.
WET N WILD HAS DONE IT! THE E/S PALLETTES FOR FALL 2014 ARE ...IN 1 WORD ...
OUTRAGEOUS!!!

THE PALETTES I HAVE SO FAR ARE:

THE NAKED TRUTH- COOL BASED NEUTRAL E/S
ANGELS IN AUBERGINE-COOL BASED SMOKEY E/S
HIGH WAISTED JEANS- COOL BASED SMOKEY BLUE E/S
MELROSE AT NIGHT-WARM AND COOL BASED NEUTRAL E/S

THE NAKED TRUTH CONSISTS OF TAUPE ,BROWN AND BEIGE E/S ALL ON THE COOL SIDE. THE SHADOWS THEMSELVES LEAN MORE ON THE SATIN SIDE.

ANGELS I AUBERGINE CONSISTS OF BLACK, CHARCOAL GREY, BURGUNDY, DARK ROSE, SILVER E/S. THE SHADOWS ARE A FANTASTIC MIXTURE OF SEMI MATTE (BLK E/S) , AND ARE SATINY IN TEXTURE.

HIGH WAISTED JEANS CONSISTS OF SMOKEY PURPLE AND BLUE COOL BASED E/S.
THE SHADOWS THEMSELVES LEAN MORE ON THE SATIN SIDE AS WELL.

MELROSE AT NIGHT IS A MIXTURE OF WARM AND COOL TAN, DARK BROWN AND LIGHT TAUPE NEUTRALS. THE SHADOWS LEAN ON THE SATIN /SEMI MATTE.

I HAVE PLAYED WITH 3 OUT OF THE 4. THE ONLY ONE I HAVE NOT PLAYED WITH IS THE ANGELS IN AUBERGINE. I CANNOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH FUN I HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH THESE EYE SHADOWS. NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME. AT $3.99 I BROUGHT THEM ALL AND I WAS SO GLAD THAT I DID.

SOME OF THEM I DOUBLED UP ON -THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM.

IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN WET N WILD AND MAYBELLINE THE NUDES PALETTE- WET N WILD WOULD WIN BY A LANDSLIDE.