L'Oreal Glossy Balm (all colours)

L'Oreal Glossy Balm (all colours)
Glossy Balm (all colours)Glossy Balm (all colours)

4.3

on 12/17/2016 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have really full lips, but they are very dry, so I've found that a more natural, moisturizing lip product works best for me. I'd rather play up my eyes to balance out my lips, and I get self-conscious about the dryness--it's just too much of a pain for me to wear a bold lip. So, it seems like I'm on an endless search for the perfect pink/nude lipstick or lipgloss.

Anyway, this Glossy Balm in Lovely Mocha is so perfect for me. Definitely in my top 3 favorite drugstore lip products. I love the color--it's a very natural pink--almost the same color as my lips, but with a little brown mixed in so it's more sophisticated. It brightens and moisturizes really well. I doesn't have much staying power, but I don't mind reapplying. Even though it's moisturizing, I usually wear Nivea lip balm under it. Would definitely recommend.

I am in loveeeeee with lovely mocha! I bought this after seeing Emily Noel use it on her YouTube channel and it is so darn good! It has great pigmentation but at the same time feels like a balm and has a nice glossy finish without the stickiness of a gloss. It feels like I am wearing Chapstick or lip balm. I love that because my lips are super dry. This makes my lips look so good! I have the shade lovely mocha which is a great mlbb pinky shade. I plan to purchase more colors for sure. Especially since they are between $6-$8! Great price especially compared to the Clinique chubby sticks that are $19 and not as good. I prefer loreal to the Clinique ones because they have better pigmentation and are not drying like I find the Clinique ones to be on me personally. everyone should own at least one shade of these! Perfect for us moms on the go too! I also want to add that these fade evenly and do not settle into lines.

on 4/18/2016 12:14:00 AM

I looooooooove these! Great pigmentation, pretty colors and pretty moisturizing! Yes, they are slippery and you need to reapply like every 2-3 hours BUT it's just a balm... It's not a long lasting lipstick. I love these so much though. EXCEPT the scent... Omg smells EXACTLY like a straight up crayon. It's horrible, some worse than others and sometimes you can taste it. But I love them so much I can deal with it

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of the best lip products I've ever used. It's got decent color pay-off and is the ONLY drugstore lip product I own that does not make my lips feel dry. It feels so much like lip balm instead of lipstick that I often forget I'm wearing it, and unknowingly smear it all over my hand or my face. It's that comfortable. The color it gives, when layered is about 85% opacity, which is amazing for a moisturizing lip product.

on 8/9/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I own every color of these. I love them. They feel very moisturizing, and you can have the color be as strong or light as you want, by layering.

There isn't any gritty feel, and the darker colors lightly stain my lips once the balm has worn away, after a couple hours.

When the balm wears away, I don't get the ring around the mouth look, which is a big plus.

They apply smoothly, without drag.

The container is a twist up pencil, that doesn't require a sharpener. The lid has popped off in my purse.

These are similar to the Tarte Lipsurgence crayons. I prefer the Loreal, since they didn't add the mint oil, and they are half the price. My lips get very sensitized by mint in my lip products, so I try to stay away from it, unless I want sore peeling lips.

Out of all of the crayon balms that have come out in the last few years, this is my favorite.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

My new HG everyday product for my lips. I drove to 3 stores before finding this in stock at Target but it was worth it. I had a hunch I really wanted the Lovely Mocha shade and I was right. It's thin enough at the tip to line your lips and then fill in. I'm going to grab other colors because this formula is amazing! Props to L'Oreal. It's so lightweight and creamy on lips and the pigmentation is perfect. For under $4 this is a steal! I would gladly pay double or more for this stuff. It does transfer, it's not long wearing but it did hold through my morning coffee. I reapplied at lunch but I could've honestly gone a few more hours. 10/10!

on 8/30/2015 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Did not enjoy this product. I first purchased it in the shade Baby Berry and once I tested it, I really disliked both the colour and texture; it was very slimy feeling and the Baby Berry shade had lots of fine sparkles layered in the colour. I don't know why, but I still decided to try a different shade and returned the Baby Berry and purchased the Petite Plum shade. Again, slimy texture and although the plum shade did not have sparkles, it was way too deep and very heavily pigmented. I have fair skin and was looking for a subtle berry coloured balm for the upcoming Autumn season. These glossy 'balms' are way too vivid and rich for a subtle lip look, although I think these would look beautiful on deeper skin tones.

on 11/25/2015 9:47:00 PM

I love lip crayons but this one is so-so for me. I can't say anything bad about it; it's just not a favorite of mine. That said, I bought four of these. (Yes, I have a problem...)

My favorite is the Vintage Rose, a MLBB shade, and it looks very natural, lending a lovely but natural wash of color.

Lovely Mocha is a more brown-leaning nude, and I found pretty, but it needs a touch more pink to suit my tastes. Someone who likes more beigey nude would like this, I suspect. (But it doesn't look beige -- it's closer to beige or mocha than pink, though.)

Baby Berry is a really pretty darker berry pink but I didn't like discovering that it had shimmer -- or very fine glitter.

Pink Me Up is a bit brighter than Baby Berry and has no shimmer/glitter, so I like that. It gives lips sort of a pretty popsicle stain look, but I'm just not a fan of that shade of pink so much. I gave it several tries, and after 20 or 30 applications I just found I never warmed to the color. That's just personal opinion, though...

There's no really strong flavor or scent with these, maybe just a hint of something but it's subtle. Compared to other L'Oreal lip products it's downright nonexistent. The formula is more creamy and slick for a pencil. It seems more sheer than opaque, and the staying power is OK. Nothing major. A few sips of coffee and you'll need to reapply. It's not a bad formula, it's not not something that I have found to be essential.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A nice co-worker friend of mine gave this in "260 Vintage Rose". I think it's got nice color, especially for the holiday season. It's certainly pigmented, even on my originally dark brown, almost purple toned lips. It's good. I do however prefer the NYC ones. I find this L'Oreal one a bit too slippery, gliding and watery feeling on my lips. I like the way it looks when I apply it first, then put just one layer of NYC's Nolita Neutral over it. However, still a good product and will probably re-purchase in another color eventually if they're on sale. Oh, I also like that there is absolutely no smell or taste as far as I've noticed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!! So much better than Clinique chubby stick. Shiny and glides on easy! Love berry colored one

Popular Lips Products