bareMinerals bareSkin Perfecting Veil

bareMinerals bareSkin Perfecting Veil

4.2

on 7/3/2017 4:38:00 AM

I love how light this powder feels on my face, and it seems to last without touch ups. And love how simple it is to apply! My skin looks so healthy with it on, and melts right onto it without a powdery look. I would give it 5 ratings but I just can't the smell of it and I wish the compact wasn't so hard to open. I feel like I'm going to break it trying to pry it open.

This perfecting veil did everything that I expected it to and more. I like to over-hydrate under my makeup (face serum, eye serum, heavy day cream and firming eye cream), so by the time the foundation and concealer gets on my face, I have a shiny glowing face that needs to be set and put together with a good setting powder. I find most setting powders to be too chalky (when they're just a clear white transparent powder) or heavy (often good pressed powders are foundation substitutes in their own right). The bareminerals is very light but has just enough pigment to blend into your makeup and pull everything together. What I didn't expect was the depth of color in the perfecting veil. The veil seems to blur all the bumps and lines in my face and perfectly melts into my foundation, giving everything more depth and color. On top of all this, this is probably one of the least expensive setting powders on the market (I was contemplating Burberry, Dior, Laura Mercier and Shu Uemura). I think this is a keeper.

on 10/16/2016 4:04:00 AM

I've been using BM for about 2 years now. I have SEVERELY sensitive skin packed with psoriasis, eczema, & a dry skin disorder that causes my face to get overly oily to compensate. Oh, & its acne prone... I have tried everything. You name it.

I don't get any bad reactions to BM - I'm allergic yo SPF so anything with that I would. However, this particular product has given me great results. Its my #1 method to control oil during the day (I do have to reapply, but it helps matte my skin) as well as to give my foundation a flawless, yet natural finished look.

I also use their blemish remedy foundation, primer & concealer as well as numerous other products.

What I love is how long it lasts me. This product so far has lasted me about 5 months with regular use (I don't wear makeup everyday - maybe 3-5 days a week). So for the price I think its fair. In my experience, with the amount of time their stuff will last compared to drug store products, its probably a better deal with BM.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I know I shouldn't review a product after only a few days use but I absolutely love this product. I have a love / hate relationship with setting powders - I love that they prolong the wear of my liquid foundation but hate how matte and flat they can look. However this one makes my skin look relatively radiant whilst still controlling oil in my T-zone. My best piece of advice when using this powder is not to swirl your brush in the powder as this kicks up a lot of product which inevitably wastes it. The best way to apply this is to press your powder brush into the product and then buff into the skin. I was worried about the shade selection as there are only four shades but the lightest shade Light to Medium is perfect for me and I'm incredibly fair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to upgrade my makeup because my skin finally looked clear after months of battling with it. My HG loreal liquid to powder makeup is discontinued so ive been looking for something to replace it. I've never tried bare minerals but after scouring the internet reviews i finally decided to make the purchase. I bought the bare skin concealer along with the perfecting veil. I have acne marks on both my cheeks and some on my forehead and chin that need covering up but i never want to do a full face of foundation. So for three days i was using a few dabs of the concealer for my acne marks and then the powder on top. I was impressed the first time, it looked good and natural, my skin didn't get TOO oily like it normally does. By the second day my face began to itch. I was scratching and scratching the corners of my nose and around that area because it itched so bad!! I tried it one more time on the third day and the itchy spots turned into small bumps and i got a huge pimple on my chin and cheek. UGH. Well now i know this brand isn't right for my skin. I would recommend this if you have already tried bare minerals products and don't react to them.

on 10/13/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after I made a mistake buying a MAC powder that gave me extreme blackheads. This is perfect to use over my Tarte foundation and stays on all day. I only use a blotting paper on my nose once in the middle of the day. I'm very light olive skin and the medium seemed to fit my skin better than the light/medium. So far for good. I'm always so scared to introduce anything new to my face but I'm digging this so far. It's a bit messy when applying with a brush but that doesn't bother me much. Color selection might not work for everyone though. Selection seems more yellow based.

on 9/12/2015 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This powder is beautiful, it really is a perfecting veil that looks like bare skin!
The only downside is that it doesn't seem to be the best at oil control, it does a decent job but you do have to touch up after a few hours if you like the matte look as it lets a little shine coming through (you don't look like an oil ball by any means tho)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

During the transition to summer, it seems like every foundation I've tried lately has felt smothering on my skin. I bought this in Tan/dark about 3-4 weeks ago and have been wearing it daily.
My experience:

- I have been wearing this on a daily basis to work without any foundation or concealer under it, save for couple dabs of concealer under my eyes (my skin has been relatively clear lately).

- The finish is perfect, mostly matte but with a teensy bit of sheen to mimic natural skin. The powder is sheer but has enough pigment to even out slight discoloration and blur minor imperfections while still giving my skin some color. No fragrance to speak of and no irritation.

- To apply, I use the puff that accompanies the compact and pat the product on, blending it with a blotting motion until I'm content with it. Usually I will blend it under my jaw and down my neck slightly too.

- After I realized I'd had it for over a month and still hadn't worn it "over" anything, I applied some Bareskin serum foundation in Bare Beige and lightly patted this powder over it. Worked beautifully and set the makeup all day.

Cons:
- No SPF in this powder like you typically find in BareMinerals foundations and their other pressed veils.

- Caused me to develop mild clogged pores and a few blackheads on my nose when I slept in it, so obviously we have stepped away from "makeup so pure you can sleep in it." (This is a bad habit to get into anyway obvs).

Overall impression:
Love wearing it alone or over foundation, will likely repurchase the lighter tone in the fall. Wear a product with SPF under it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the finish this gives to my bareSkin foundation. I have even used it over my matte bare minerals loose foundation to make my complexion a bit brighter too. It also offers a little coverage on my bare skin (literally). It diminishes shine but still makes your skin look radiant, but not shimmery or glittery. I have been using this for almost a month and don't notice any changes in my skin, I don't understand what the whole "lilac stem cell" crap does, which is why I took off one lippy. The packaging is super sleek and shiny, but it's not as sturdy as the Ready-style compact, and I feel like if I dropped it I'd be screwed. The powder puff sucks too, it scrapes off foundation and blush even with the lightest hand, but I don't really know of a puff that actually works as well as a powder brush. I'll update this if I notice a "brighter" complexion like the product description claims.