It Cosmetics OMG! Foundation Brush #106

No Image

4.3

I normally don't pay attention to YouTube reviews, but there were several that raved about how wonderful this OMG! brush is, so one day while shopping with my BFF, I picked it up. I did not need a foundation brush. I already had several in my kit. But it's called OMG!, and Tati loved it. So I bought it. WTF?

Well, TBH, it's fine with Charlotte Tilbury's sheer liquid Light Wonder. However, I tried it with thicker liquid foundation and got the streaks everyone promised were impossible. Then I tried it with a stick foundation and no, the look was FUBAR. So I grabbed a buffing brush in a feeble attempt to fix the mess I'd made, which was a PITA.

Is it terrible? No, TBT. Would I buy it again? No, LOL. Would I gift it to someone? ROFL, no. Is the brush as good as Sigma's foundation brushes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Nope.

Overall, the OMG! Brush is not worth $24, IMO. It's just OK. HTH.

on 11/1/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very, very good foundation brush. It makes my foundation look totally flawless. I brush on foundation like a paintbrush but since it is so dense, you can also press in the foundation for more coverage in certain areas. I have used it with IT CC cream, Clinique foundations, and bourjois healthy mix serum and have had great results with all. My only complaints are that it tends to eat a lot of product, and gets dirty very quickly. I usually wash my makeup brushes once a week but this brush ideally should be washed twice a week, if not more. It takes a lot of effort to clean as well and it takes a very long time to dry. Overall I highly recommend it. Edit: one more thing- the first one of these brushes I had bought from ulta ended up shedding like crazy within the first week. I returned it and got another one and haven't had any of those problems since. If you get one that sheds be sure to exchange it because it is not a problem with all the brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love! It applies my IT CC creams, which are medium to full coverage, flawlessly. I have yet to try it with other foundations but I am hopeful it will yield similar results. And, at only $24, this brush is a good value as well. Just like all of IT's brushes, it feels luxuriously soft.

on 5/4/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my HG foundation brush. It is fantastic at buffing my foundation and makes it go on smoother and makes my pores look smaller than if I apply the same foundation using my Real Techniques sponge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a very nice foundation brush. I couldn't give it the full 5 lippies as there are a few things I do not like about it. This brush is very dense and can soak up A LOT of product. I find I have to clean it pretty much after every single use, I do not like the results if I don't. It applies with a lot of texture. I'm not one to neglect cleaning brushes- but I do have a hectic work life and a small child. I don't have time to clean my tools every single night. After I clean it, it does take a looong time to dry. The middle stays damp for about a day. That kinda puts a damper on things (pun definitely intended)
The bristles are so soft and feel great on my skin. I have not experienced any shedding. It does apply foundation very quickly and evenly, only sometimes do I notice a streak. I always go over with bb after, I feel like this brush makes my foundation feel dry. I'm not sure why, but I get that feeling with every foundation ive applied with this brush.
My HG foundation is mac waterweight. Anyone who has used this foundation knows the only way to really apply that foundation is with your fingers. I used this brush with waterweight just to see what it would look like - and it was actually the best results I've ever gotten from a brush with WW.
All in all, if your already willing to fork over $24 for a brush, they're probably better options for not much more $. I definitely reach for bb over this and even when I use this, I still go over it with a bb as it just feels so dry. For that reason I probably would not re purchase. It is a nice brush and I do not regret buying it - I just wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/5/2016 9:44:00 PM

I just love this brush to apply my CC cream - it's soft and dense so feels good, spreads the product quickly and evenly, and does a much better job than the other brushes I've tried. As a 60-something, it's important for me to get an smooth thin application to minimize the sink-into-wrinkles effect (and I even have to finish the job with my blender, but that's OK.) The result really is that air-brushed look the product promises. HOWEVER: I deducted a lippie because my first ones of these brushes was defective. When I first brought it home, it was not as soft as I'd expected but it wasn't uncomfortable or anything and it worked well so I started using it. After a few months it started to shed like mad; and we are talking about several bristles a day. Ulta was kind enough to swap it out without a receipt and now I have the nice soft fluffy brush that I thought it would be. So if you want to buy this brush, take it out of the package and feel the bristles to make sure you don't have a dud. Ulta salespeople might complain....all you have to do is tell them you're trying to avoid having to bring back a defective used product.

on 3/11/2015 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really expected to like this brush because my favorite you tubers raved about it and I usually like their recommendations. Unfortunately I really did not like this brush-for several reasons it is heavy to hold, soaks up so much product, it is the hardest brush to get clean that I have ever used, it is very large so it was hard to get into certain areas of my face, and it didn't do any better of a job applying foundation than my current brushes. I returned it and have a newfound appreciation for my UD optical blurring brush😍

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Heard great things about this brush from Tati (GlamLifeGuru) on YouTube, and of course, though I didn't need another brush, I bought this one.

I do like it. It really spreads my liquid foundation evenly and easily. Its thicker head results in limited streaking (compared to your typical foundation brush that more closely resembles a paint brush).

My only complaint is that this thing really seems to suck up the foundation quickly. I'm lazy and can generally get a week (oh, who are we kidding, it's two weeks!) of use with my Sigma F80/82/84 foundation brushes without having to clean them between uses. I can't do that with the OMG Foundation brush because it's so heavy with foundation from the previous use that I can't really get a smooth application.

The girls at Ulta suggest using a daily cleanser in between uses, so I'll try that as a preventative measure.

on 10/13/2014 8:21:00 AM

Wow! All the It brushes are super soft and dense. I saw the display at Ulta and couldn't stop running my hand over them. I didn't really need another brush, but I purchased the OMG Foundation brush and I really like it. It is better than the Ecco Tools brush, but 4 times the price.

on 9/22/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this brush for my bb cream its so soft yet dense enough to really blend well.Has not shed yet but I have not washed it yet so ill update when I see how it holds up to a wash. UPDATE still very happy with this brush washed very well

Popular Makeup Brushes