Klorane Shampoo with Desert Date

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

2.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Lauryl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Decyl Glucoside, Balanites Aegyptiaca Seed Extract, Benzoic Acid, Caramel, Citric Acid, Cocamide Mea, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Laureth-10, Limonene, Maltodextrin, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol, Yellow 6 (Cl 15985).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not terribly impressed with this shampoo by Klorane. It's marketed as being very gentle, for dry damaged hair. They tout the desert date as a key ingredient because it has fatty acids and proteins that purport to repair damaged hair. And I will give them this, it's fairly high on the ingredient list. However, you know what is higher? Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which many people with dry hair find stripping and harsh. I'm about halfway through the bottle and since I started using it, my hair has gotten noticeably drier and frizzier. On top of that, I don't think it cleanses very well because I am finding my shampoos don't last as long as they have with other products. A 6.7 oz bottle cost me $15 - and I don't recommend you spend your hard-earned dollars on this at all.

on 12/23/2016 5:47:00 PM

Good shampoo, but there's nothing special about it. Very overpriced for what it is.

Klorane's Shampoo with Desert Date has a thick, creamy texture and it lathers up nicely. Cleanses well and rinses out thoroughly. and it has a rich, pumpkin spice-like scent that I think is pleasant.

But as far as it being a repairing shampoo, I didn't notice anything extraordinary. There's not much difference in the health of my hair when I use this vs. when I don't.

For reference my hair is thick, wavy-textured, color treated and I heat-style it regularly. It has a tendency to get dried out, so it's important that I take care of it with the right products. Unfortunately this is not something that I would buy again.

This wasn't a BAD shampoo per se, but it's definitely not worth the price tag. I wasn't impressed.