OPI Skating On Thin Ice-Land

OPI Skating On Thin Ice-Land

4.3

on 6/22/2018 9:18:00 PM

Gorgeous!!! From their Nordic Collection for Fall 2014, OPI's Skating on Thin Ice-Land is a perfect shade of deep, plummy violet with a creme finish. It looks amazing on the nail and I love it!

Vampy and beautiful. I'm so glad I bought this one.

Great OPI formula too. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

Excellent polish overall! I'd definitely buy this one again.

on 10/15/2016 9:34:00 PM

Love this! Beautiful, slightly warm-toned plum shade. Two coats to opaque. Smooth finish with good shine. Richly pigmented color, great for fall/winter. Just a gorgeous deep purple color with typical high quality OPI formula. Definitely recommend!

on 10/31/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful plum colored cream finish polish. I don't think I have seen another polish quite this color so I consider it unique.

The consistency is a bit runny so you have to be careful with application not to get too much on your brush. The first coat is a bit streaky but for me I got full coverage with two coats. It is pretty well pigmentated.

Comes in the standard OPI polish bottle with the Pro Wide brush. IMO it would be better if the brush were a bit smaller for this particular polish because it is a bit on the runny side and I think that the larger brush makes it a bit more difficult to control the amount of polish you get for application.

Additionally, I find OPI polishes a bit on the expensive side, though generally the quality is there. I purchased this online so I paid a bit less. I had seen pictures of this polish on the NB and really wanted it so I probably would have paid full price if necessary.

If I ever used up the bottle I would repurchase this one again as I do think it is a bit unique in color.

on 1/20/2015 6:14:00 PM

This is a beautiful shade of reddish violet, perfect for fall and winter. The first coat went on a bit uneven and patchy, which surprised me since OPI"s formula is usually great, but it evened out on the second coat.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Although i am not the biggest fan of purple polishes, i do enjoy this color very much and it is unique in my freakishly large collection! I guess i would call it a deep, slightly dusty red violet.. or plum color. It looks very nice on long or short nails- a perfect fall/winter color and i feel like i can wear it with almost anything.
Here's the down side: the formula. This is a slightly runny, 3 coater. Be careful how much you get on the brush or those cuticles are gonna be flooded! Patience and caution is required when applying this polish.. but the result is worth it, in my opinion.

on 1/4/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I agree with the previous reviews, specifically the one immediately before mine. I too was conerned that this would be another almost-black shade but was pleasantly surprised to find that this is truly plum. It reminds me very much of an actual plum. This is probably one of the truest colors I've ever tried in terms of staying the same on the nail as it looked in the bottle.

Not as creamy/opaque as the usual OPI cremes - this is a little more watery and for that I took off one lippie, as on my nails that makes ridges and other flaws more noticeable. That said it also dries very quickly, which is nice.

This really succeeds in differentiating itself from the almost-black OPIs (like Lincoln Park After Dark) and the other plummy cremes (like Pamplona Purple), so it's unique in my collection. I would definitely recommend it.

on 11/4/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a thing for deep, dark, vampy nail colors. I have dozens of dark reds, blues, purples, and grays that all look black under indoor lighting. When I first bought Skating On Thin Ice-Land I was afraid that I had fallen victim to another gorgeous in the bottle shade that would look black on the nail just like so many others in my collection. Luckily this polish is different! On the nail it is a deep smokey plum, it's a dark shade but definitely not black. This is exactly the kind of plum shade I was looking for! The formula is a tad bit thinner than OPI's typical creme polishes so the first coat was a bit streaky. It took 2 medium thick coats for full opacity, but it dried quickly without any bubbling. Wear time for me was about 4 days, which is what I usually get with OPI. This is such a pretty shade for fall and winter and I'll probably reach for it often.

on 11/1/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I wasnít going to get this shade when I purchased five other colors from OPIís Nordic Collection Fall/Winter 2014, but once I saw it in person I knew I had nothing else like it, so I bought it as well. Itís a beautiful true plum cream shade. Iím actually impressed by this color, most ďplumsĒ end up being too brown, too light, too dark, or too purple. This polish really truly looks like a glossy version of the skin of a fresh, ripe plum. Really beautiful. The formula is a little streaky so it needs three thin coats or two thicker coats to be completely opaque. The tips wore down after one day and tiny chips on the tips were visible at the end of the second day, so not a lot of staying power. Based on that, I donít think this will be a color I will pick as a default or one I need to last 3 or 4 days, but the shade is so gorgeous I know Iíll reach for it again. I would buy it again.

on 9/22/2014 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Skating On Thin Ice-Land is from OPI Nordic 2014 Collection. It's the fall/winter collection with 12 different colors. I will group this entire collection into 2 major groups: The brown and the purple. And then some other colors in between. This is a crŤme deep purple color with no blue undertone. It's mainly purple with black undertone plus a bit of mauve tone in it. It looks nice in the bottle and also on my nails. When I look at my nails indoor, it is less of a deep purple, looks like a wine purple color. However, once I stepped out under the sun, the purple just popped out. Look quite amazing.
The application is OK! I would not say great as I find that, although it is a deep purple color, it doesn't really give a good opaque coverage unless I carefully put three coats on my nails evenly to achieve that opaque effect. When I look at the nails carefully, it does tells me that some part of the nails are not really evenly cover. In saying that, this color dries really quickly and last quite long. I like it for a really cold winter night as it does make me feel warm when I look at this color. Will definitely buy another one for back up.

Popular Polishes