Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Wood Sage & Sea SaltWood Sage & Sea SaltWood Sage & Sea Salt

3.7

on 12/10/2018 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Clean, fresh, and reminiscent of D&G Light Blue but I much prefer this—it's slightly more herbal, less like lemon cleaner. I like that this is equally crisp white tee and jeans appropriate, but also something I could wear in a more formal setting.

I know most folks think Jo Malone fragrances are too light and not long-lasting, but they are colognes, not EDP or EDTs, and that is fine by me. But I also find that using them around the collar of my top or scarf (so that some of the product gets on my clothes) lasts quite well. Ditto a spritz in the hair. My SO really loves this one and Wild Bluebell, even after I can't smell them on myself anymore, which to me bespeaks a good amount of staying power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wood Sage and Sea Salt is a beautifully unique fragrance. It smells salty and fresh. It reminds me of a breezy day at the ocean. I especially love how well this fragrance layers with others, particularly Jo Malone’s Blackberry and Bay as well as Wild Bluebell. It transforms this seaside scent into something even more lovely and memorable. It is a scent that can be worn during any season. The bottle is timeless and elegant. I wish the price tag wasn’t quite so steep, but that is to be expected with a very high quality product. Wood Sage and Sea Salt has become a staple beauty product in my fragrance collection.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- good sweet grapefruit scent that dries down to hints of sage
- may be appropriate for office where cubicles are the norm, for church, or dinner (does not overpower with food scents)

Cons:
- pricey for poor longevity
- longevity is only two hours before it is nose-to-wrist

One spray on me:
Longevity: 2 hours then skin scent
Sillage: barely arm's length
Rating: 4/5

Jo Malone is not known for longevity or sillage which could be good or bad, depending on your need. This one is pretty and inoffensive. As soon as I sprayed it though, my eyes lit up as I enjoyed the soft sweet citrus rivalling lily of the valley type citrus scents. My lips could not stop smiling as I sniffed and huffed THAT spot on my wrist. Yummy! The only holdback for me is the price. $100 for 30ml?? It is very pretty but not original and one I expect to find easily at Target, Walmart or drugstores.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this with its herbal, light woody salty scent. I actually wear this for bed in warmer months as it has a neutral, inoffensive smell and it doesn’t overpower or overwhelm when worn and it relaxes me. The downside of this perfume is that it doesn’t last long as it is a cologne and it is unbelievably expensive for a scent that doesn’t last longer than two hours on my skin but on my clothes it lasts a little longer. Definitely great for layering and I tend to pair this with Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay, Peony & Blush Suede and JHAG Not a Perfume to strengthen its longevity. Overall a great scent and despite the price I will definitely repurchase once my bottle is replenished.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great scent, this smells like the beach not in a tropical way this is a cold beach scent, like taking a walk on a windy beach to clear your mind wraping yourself up in a cashmere blanket. Woody, salty and fresh very suitable for all seasons and unisex. Now about the lasting power and sillage, Jo Malone is known to have fleeting scents but in my opinion this really depends on the scent, some do last very long. Unfortunately this is one of the weaker ones, it doesn't have much projection it stays close to the skin and the scent is light. I purchased the small 30ml bottle and went true the bottle in 1 month, I like this fragrance but would not repurchase another bottle because price/performance it's not worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this fragrance, but my big gripe is that it fades really quickly. For the price this should last a full day.

on 6/2/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely fragrance for the spring & summer months. I love the wood, musk & sage, it's such a sophisticated fresh scent! Longevity and sillage are fine, I can still smell hints of it after many hours, even though it's a cologne. Jo Malone fragrances never disappoint!

on 4/2/2017 11:49:00 PM

Heavenly -- just clean and fresh and breezy. I wear this layered with Jo Malone Grapefruit or Orange Blossom, and it adds so much depth and complexity that I prefer the combination over any one of the 3 alone, but this is the common denominator.

$65 for 30 ml in a pretty glass bottle at Nordstrom.

on 3/18/2017 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As usual, i didn't get the same notes as the other reviewers. I was specifically looking for a sea water/ sea salt fragrance when I sampled this and instead of sea salt or wood, or even sage, this was strangely super sweet. It felt like the ambrette, which I normally adore, took over completely and buried any other notes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A sweet fragrance board gal sent me the perfume and body creme of this and I'm in love! I didn't expect to love this so much but it's amazing! You can smell the sea salt and a bit of bright citrus as well as the woody-ness. Such a beautiful multi-faceted perfume. This is what I wanted Bobbi's Beach to smell like instead of smelling so synthetic. You breathe Wood Sage and Sea Salt in and really feel like you're sitting with your toes in the sand. The perfect warm weather scent. I will be purchasing a full size bottle.