Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Wood Sage & Sea SaltWood Sage & Sea SaltWood Sage & Sea Salt

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great scent, this smells like the beach not in a tropical way this is a cold beach scent, like taking a walk on a windy beach to clear your mind wraping yourself up in a cashmere blanket. Woody, salty and fresh very suitable for all seasons and unisex. Now about the lasting power and sillage, Jo Malone is known to have fleeting scents but in my opinion this really depends on the scent, some do last very long. Unfortunately this is one of the weaker ones, it doesn't have much projection it stays close to the skin and the scent is light. I purchased the small 30ml bottle and went true the bottle in 1 month, I like this fragrance but would not repurchase another bottle because price/performance it's not worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore this fragrance, but my big gripe is that it fades really quickly. For the price this should last a full day.

on 6/2/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely fragrance for the spring & summer months. I love the wood, musk & sage, it's such a sophisticated fresh scent! Longevity and sillage are fine, I can still smell hints of it after many hours, even though it's a cologne. Jo Malone fragrances never disappoint!

on 4/2/2017 11:49:00 PM

Heavenly -- just clean and fresh and breezy. I wear this layered with Jo Malone Grapefruit or Orange Blossom, and it adds so much depth and complexity that I prefer the combination over any one of the 3 alone, but this is the common denominator.

$65 for 30 ml in a pretty glass bottle at Nordstrom.

on 3/18/2017 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As usual, i didn't get the same notes as the other reviewers. I was specifically looking for a sea water/ sea salt fragrance when I sampled this and instead of sea salt or wood, or even sage, this was strangely super sweet. It felt like the ambrette, which I normally adore, took over completely and buried any other notes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A sweet fragrance board gal sent me the perfume and body creme of this and I'm in love! I didn't expect to love this so much but it's amazing! You can smell the sea salt and a bit of bright citrus as well as the woody-ness. Such a beautiful multi-faceted perfume. This is what I wanted Bobbi's Beach to smell like instead of smelling so synthetic. You breathe Wood Sage and Sea Salt in and really feel like you're sitting with your toes in the sand. The perfect warm weather scent. I will be purchasing a full size bottle.

on 12/10/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a clean fresh scent yet it's neither soapy nor citrus. It's woody, green, herbal, and salty. The sea salt is my favorite part. I live close to a beach and have always loved the scent of ocean air. I also like woody scents, so this is a natural win for me.

Nicely unisex, it can safely be worn by men as well as women. There's nothing girly in it. Jo Malone's fragrances unfortunately lack strength, so don't expect much sillage. But on the plus side, this is breezy and light and doesn't offend. You'll just smell fresh and clean.

I happen to enjoy the simplicity of the colognes. Typically they pair two scents and then if I want something complex I have the fun of layering to create something of my own. I like the control I have in Jo's philosophy of fragrance combining. Frequently with other fragrances that have a dizzying myriad of smells blended together, I find that I would like the perfume except for the lavender, or I would like the perfume except for the cardamom in it. With Jo it's easier to create something you like, without the notes you don't. The downside is, of course, the lack of longevity. They don't cling to the skin all day with the bold tenacity you get from something like Bond No. 9. The individual colognes may be too simple for some, but I like the minimalism and the flexibility they offer. However, buying two or three fragrances to combine can easily set you back two or three hundred bucks. For the price, it would be nice to get more staying power.

I really love the Wood Sage and Sea Salt Body & Hand Wash. I have never felt so clean and cool after a shower as when using this gel. It's as if I have surfed for an hour or two, with the sea salt lingering on my skin after I towel off, as a lovely breeze wafts the scent of sage toward me.

This is an easy one to combine. It mingles well with Lime Basil and Mandarin and with Grapefruit. You can also freshen any gourmand with this. I haven't been thrilled with all the Jo Malones, but there are some standouts in the line and this is a good addition. Blackberry and Bay is a triumph as well. All the scents I've mentioned seem to appeal to both sexes. If you're not a cologne person, Wood Sage and Sea Salt's corresponding bath products are friendly choices to stock in a guest bathroom, especially to evoke the feeling of walking through trees and flowering shrubs near a beach.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This fragrance is not as as likable as it could be, considering there is a streak of Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue running through its core due a hearty abundance of citrus and wood.
I say 'likable' but perhaps I mean genial, because I do like it a lot, even though it's a little difficult. To my nose, the difficulty comes from all that pepper (a note not listed, so is this the ambrette? Minerals? Whatever, it's fairly thick on my skin) and a less-than-fresh coating of boiled candy. It's curious that others find this scent clean, because it's stodgy to me, at least at the beginning, and would be more so if the bergamot (another note not listed) wasn't so enduring. In the end, the grapefruit, bergamot, sage, minerals and driftwood create a comforting and pleasing cloud that is nostalgic of seaside holidays and spa aromas.

on 11/23/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very fresh and clean. Combines well with fig and cassis.

on 10/23/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Delightfully salty on me from start to finish, with a nice whiff of the sage at the start and a slightly herby-floral at the end. Unlike anything else I wear, which is why I'm enjoying it so much atm. No lasting power, but I never expect it from JM. I'll be buying it again.

Popular Fragrances