Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry

4.4

on 1/19/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This line of matte l/s by Revlon are really good. This shade in particular is a deep muted mauve/rose with brown undertones. Very trendy. The formula is quite velvety. It glides on the lips. The moisturizing agents must be light as the formula is light yet severely opaque. My lips do not dry out as quickly with this product as with other high end brands. It must be noted that it does smear but one can get about six (6) hours of comfortable wear without touch ups. It also has a slight minty tingling effect (probably plumps too for other persons).

The package also holds quite a good amount of product. My only complaint is that the point does not go all the way down in the package when new, so you have to carefully cover this or you could seriously damage the product. But this is a good product overall. Revlon consistently makes some of the best drugstore l/s on the market imo and this product is no exception.

on 1/18/2017 12:02:00 AM

I really like this shade. This is a pretty buildable product so though it's meant to be opaque it's easy to just not apply a ton and have it be a little sheer. I wear this almost every day to class or to work. The sweet minty flavor is a plus too. It is a tiny bit drying but I am pretty religious about Chapstick use so it isn't a problem for me. It definitely isn't drying to the point of looking bad. It fades fairly quickly, especially with eating/drinking, but it is easy to reapply when I'm out and it also fades evenly instead of patching off. Overall I really like it and would buy again. I have a few other shades but this is my favorite.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Its not a mlbb its too red and pink its not mauvey... i like it but its not what i expected reading these reviews. Will use it but i wouldnt have bought it if i could have tried it on first

on 10/6/2016 3:45:00 AM

I like it,, long lasting but the bullet isn't nice,,

on 9/12/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this was the lip colour that started my love for muted red/mauvey type shades. i have since tried to find a liquid lipstick dupe that has the perfect mix of pink, brown, red and mauve like this. this brightens my face but can be still classified as neutral, esp if blotted down. it makes my lips look so luscious. the pencil packaging is great to throw in my makeup bag and easy to apply. the formula is matte, opaque but not desert dry on the lips. i have 40+ lip products and if i had to choose one for the rest of my life, it might be this. i just love this colour so much and should probably buy back ups.

on 8/29/2016 7:40:00 PM

I was expecting a rose/mauve color. What I got is an uninspired, common brownish red on my lips which looks horrible. I must have about six other lipsticks that fall into that garish category. Obviously I am a slow learner. In addition, this "balm" dries out my lips. Happy for you ladies who like it, unhappy for myself.

on 8/28/2016 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love that this color suits many skin tones; on my medium skin tone, this looks like a dark pink-brown. It is similar to Max's twig but I wouldn't call it a dupe since it appears more red than twig. The color payoff is great and the color is layer able. I like the mint smell and it provides a very slight minty feeling on the lips. It is pretty matte and easy to apply. This is a great everyday pop of color; it looks like a lipstick. I have also tried the color fierce redoubtable; it is a nice brown with a red undertone. It is slightly less opaque than sultry but is layer able and can reach full opacity. Elusive is too cool-toned for my skin but the formula is also good.

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 AM

Perfect matte lip balm.
Perfect color for fair-skinned ladies like me.
Perfect formulation.
Feels light, comfortable on my lips despite it being matte.
So much more comfortable vs Mac and other matte lip colors.
Buildable. You can wear it sheer, you can wear it more opaque.
Doesn't make my lips chapped.
Long lasting!
Doesn't make my lips look weird even after eating or drinking as it fades nicely!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I gave this two lippies out of pure kindness purely because, if you could get this in some subtler colours, it would probably work as an easy wear, 'don't need a lipliner', toss it in your bag lipstick.

Well, firstly, you'd need to carry a good lip balm to give your lips a much-needed drink (and only AFTER taking the lipstick off before reapplying it) on a regular basis. You'd also have to watch out for the chunking effect on reapplication.

The colour is lurid against pale skin: and I'm not talking a flattering mauve... Sadly, I've been suckered into trying out a few of these different textures of Revlon pencils and have found them pretty awful. The matte is probably the worst as it's only a tad less drying and leaves you feeling like you've scoured your lips a tiny bit less than their suedes collection.

on 3/17/2016 11:58:00 PM

This product was the one that finally made me realize how damn PIGMENTED my lips are. I'd seen this on a bunch of people as a pretty dusky rose/mauve-y shade, but when I put it on it pulled a bright, almost fuchsia pink. Lip products never look the same in the tube (or on other people) as it does on my lips, so I should've expected this, but I seriously never even thought about it until now. My natural lip color is a pretty bright, dark pink, sometimes even bordering on red, so that even the lightest lip colors can look dark on me. Since I don't like wearing bright lip colors on an everyday basis, I usually layer a concealer on my lips underneath this so it shows up as a more muted mauve (still bright and not at all subtle), but I don't really like that color either, so... Recently I've been using it as a pretty mauve blush! It works really well for that (though it fades pretty quickly) and the price wasn't bad so no real complaints.