Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry

Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry
Colorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry Colorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry Revlon Balm StainsColorburst Matte Lip Balm - Sultry

4.4

on 11/5/2017 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased the shade “Sultry” from Amazon, without having tested it in person. I tend to avoid mauve shades, and probably should’ve skipped this one. It’s not horrible with my complexion (NC15), it’s just that I prefer either more red or more brown shades. I think the chemistry of my skin causes Sultry to veer into the pinker/mauve tones. While comfortable to wear, I suspect I won’t reach for this shade. I will most likely be wearing the other Matte Balm I purchased, Standout, which is definitely a brick-red on me and better suited to my taste and complexion.

on 3/26/2017 11:01:00 AM

I love the formula of these balms, and you can't beat the price. This particular shade looks very different from person to person. On most it looks like a dark mauve shade, but on me it looks a lot redder and deeper. I like this color, it's just a bit more dramatic than I anticipated from looking at swatches online, and for me it's not a daytime shade. I also think, as with any dark lipstick, a liner makes a big difference. I agree with the fair-skinned reviewer before me, if you have fair skin and your lips are more pigmented this color will look a lot more dramatic. If you are fair-skinned you probably know that most lip colors look a lot darker on you and it can be hard to find natural looking colors. If you're interested in a natural looking mauve lip, this isn't the shade for you. That being said, I still find myself reaching for this from time to time, but usually only for parties or night time activities. Also, it's definitely not transfer proof and it takes a long time to really sink into your lips. I don't find it to be slippery at all though, and as it wears it leaves behind a nice stain. I docked it a few points on packaging because you have to pay close attention while putting the cap back on. It's very easy to accidentally hit the lipstick. I wish the tube was longer and I could twist the lip balm even further down, to protect the pointy top. But that's just me being nit picky.

on 1/19/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This line of matte l/s by Revlon are really good. This shade in particular is a deep muted mauve/rose with brown undertones. Very trendy. The formula is quite velvety. It glides on the lips. The moisturizing agents must be light as the formula is light yet severely opaque. My lips do not dry out as quickly with this product as with other high end brands. It must be noted that it does smear but one can get about six (6) hours of comfortable wear without touch ups. It also has a slight minty tingling effect (probably plumps too for other persons).

The package also holds quite a good amount of product. My only complaint is that the point does not go all the way down in the package when new, so you have to carefully cover this or you could seriously damage the product. But this is a good product overall. Revlon consistently makes some of the best drugstore l/s on the market imo and this product is no exception.

on 1/18/2017 12:02:00 AM

I really like this shade. This is a pretty buildable product so though it's meant to be opaque it's easy to just not apply a ton and have it be a little sheer. I wear this almost every day to class or to work. The sweet minty flavor is a plus too. It is a tiny bit drying but I am pretty religious about Chapstick use so it isn't a problem for me. It definitely isn't drying to the point of looking bad. It fades fairly quickly, especially with eating/drinking, but it is easy to reapply when I'm out and it also fades evenly instead of patching off. Overall I really like it and would buy again. I have a few other shades but this is my favorite.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Its not a mlbb its too red and pink its not mauvey... i like it but its not what i expected reading these reviews. Will use it but i wouldnt have bought it if i could have tried it on first

on 10/6/2016 3:45:00 AM

I like it,, long lasting but the bullet isn't nice,,

on 9/12/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this was the lip colour that started my love for muted red/mauvey type shades. i have since tried to find a liquid lipstick dupe that has the perfect mix of pink, brown, red and mauve like this. this brightens my face but can be still classified as neutral, esp if blotted down. it makes my lips look so luscious. the pencil packaging is great to throw in my makeup bag and easy to apply. the formula is matte, opaque but not desert dry on the lips. i have 40+ lip products and if i had to choose one for the rest of my life, it might be this. i just love this colour so much and should probably buy back ups.

on 8/29/2016 7:40:00 PM

I was expecting a rose/mauve color. What I got is an uninspired, common brownish red on my lips which looks horrible. I must have about six other lipsticks that fall into that garish category. Obviously I am a slow learner. In addition, this "balm" dries out my lips. Happy for you ladies who like it, unhappy for myself.

on 8/28/2016 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love that this color suits many skin tones; on my medium skin tone, this looks like a dark pink-brown. It is similar to Max's twig but I wouldn't call it a dupe since it appears more red than twig. The color payoff is great and the color is layer able. I like the mint smell and it provides a very slight minty feeling on the lips. It is pretty matte and easy to apply. This is a great everyday pop of color; it looks like a lipstick. I have also tried the color fierce redoubtable; it is a nice brown with a red undertone. It is slightly less opaque than sultry but is layer able and can reach full opacity. Elusive is too cool-toned for my skin but the formula is also good.

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 AM

Perfect matte lip balm.
Perfect color for fair-skinned ladies like me.
Perfect formulation.
Feels light, comfortable on my lips despite it being matte.
So much more comfortable vs Mac and other matte lip colors.
Buildable. You can wear it sheer, you can wear it more opaque.
Doesn't make my lips chapped.
Long lasting!
Doesn't make my lips look weird even after eating or drinking as it fades nicely!