L'Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked the original Voluminous mascara - even after trying all the high priced favorites, it's better...and I really liked the Butterfly Sculpt; the weird eggbeater-shaped brush grabbed my skimpy lashes and even made those on my left eye (which for some reason always point down) flutter upwards. I won't use a lash curler, and with Butterfly Sculpt, I didn't need one. Finally! Then, stupidly, I bought L"Oreal Feline thinking it might do even more. I ended up using the Butterfly Sculpt brush with the Feline mascara, thinking the Voluminous formula was the same and it was the terrible Feline brush making the difference, but the formula seemed drier and ended up giving out in a matter of months - unheard of. So I went out and got the Butterfly Intenza. This does even a little more than the Butterfly Sculpt and with no effort - one coat or two, quickly. This will be my mascara from now on - no more detours! I have older, thinner lashes, and this makes them definitely noticeable. As close to false as possible.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I love the original Voluminous mascara so I thought I'd give this one a try but it turned out to be a waste of money. The brush is very awkward and despite trying it a number of times and using different application techniques my lashes always end up clumpy and sticking together. As always, I've tried using a different brush but it seems that the formula itself is nowhere near as good as the original Voluminous one. I don't think I will even try to use it up.

This mascara barely added any length, had some volume, and left me with flakes under my eyes. There are better mascaras out there for the same or less money (Lash Sensational).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've tested this against all of my other lengthening mascaras, including Maybelline, Mary Kay, another L'Oréal, Cover Girl, etc. This one has beat them all in terms of lengthening. I've never had a mascara lengthen my lashes this much.

The problem is the wand is confusing. I don't understand why there are 3 combs. I don't rotate and use all 3, and I don't know that I'm supposed to. Who knows, but whatever it is, it's working.

I have other mascaras that I love as well, but when I want to go for length, this is the one I will grab.

Fyi, I have this in the original formula, not waterproof.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The mascara definitely added some length and thickness without any smuding BUT it makes your lashes look clumpy if your lashes are as anemic as mine are. Other mascaras are far better at building up your lash thickness and length without clumping.

Comb brush was not good - I think it's the reason why the product may have clumped so much.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My lashes are fairly thick, long and curly naturally, so when I saw this mascara and saw 'butterfly' I thought it would be pretty good! WRONG. This formula is very clumpy and never goes on without clumping on my lashes. I zig zag, drag, start at my lash line, start on top, swipe gently, use every side of the wand but nothing stops the clumping. I have to apply a few coats for the clumps to disappear but still have to comb my lashes with a clean wand. I was hoping because of the L'Oreal brand it would have been my new favourite, but no go!

I thought this would be a more extreme version of the regular Voluminous Butterfly mascara. Nope. The wand is just ghastly. Hard to use, and most of the product stays on it; it's hard to run through your lashes. I switched out the wands and used the wand for the Voluminous Butterfly thinking that would help, but the formula isn't the same. It's just average. Not a whole lot of length (not that I expect that from a volumizing mascara) and it doesn't produce the same results as the Voluminous Butterfly. Will not repurchase.

I really like it. This is a really good mascara for length/volume/definition if you happen to have wimpy, pathetic, short, sparse lashes like myself. The brush really annoys me...its not so much a brush as an oddly shaped lash comb-I find it difficult to work with since Im never sure which side Im supposed to use or if it makes a difference so I keep spinning it around. However, the result are impressive...a bit of a false lash look...kind of like a manga character or porcelain doll...but in a cute way. Or so I hope. This doesn't flake or smudge on me-I find it to be practically waterproof even though I didn't purchase waterproof. It rained today and nary a smudge. Side note though...I prefer the original Butterfly-that ones pretty much HG for me

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I genuinely liked this product. It applied well to my lashes & didn't look caked on, or over applied. I found it gave my lashes volume and a lot of length, but the products formula was way too dry. It ended up drying out within a few weeks rather quickly and unfortunately I would love to purchase it again, but I don't see the point

Pretty nice mascara, easy to apply. Doesn't really clump up so that's nice. Doesn't cache, but does get on my lids when I blink sometimes which irritates me. Isn't waterproof