Almond Oil

4.7

pure almond oil

This is an ok moisturizer for skin and hair. I like the fact that it has a high vitamin E content and it is obviously natural and cheap. The reason I won't rebut is the pungent smell. It smells exactly how you would think it smells: Like almonds!! Way too potent for me. I don't like that and I actually had friends ask what I was wearing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I use it as an extra moisturizer for my body on days where I don't wear leggings or other pieces of clothes it would transfer to, and I'm pleased.
I find it leaves a thicker residue than other oils I used recently, like the Neutral Baby Body Oil or Jojoba oil, which is my absolute 100% HG for my face. Since people seem to be happy with almond oil on their faces too, I might try it sometime. All in all, I find that it's very important to check your skin's condition regularly, and adapt your routine to your skin's needs at that moment, instead of just keep using the same products out of habit all year(s) long. I had periods when oil on my face would make me extremely oily and greasy, but right now it transforms my skin condition 200% to the better. I love natural oils as beauty products.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best thing out there in natural skincare. I use it as a body oil, pre hair treatment, moisturizer and when i take a bath i mix a few table spoons of it with my favourite essential oils. It's so versatile and mild. I always have a bottle around the house.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

almond oil is my favourite skin product. It hydrates and nourishes the skin and I tend to use it morning and evening as a serum.
I also find it to be a multi tasking product, as it effectively removes make up, and cleanses the skin. I sometimes cover my face and neck with it before I get in the shower in the morning, giving my face a massage as I apply it, then wipe my face with wet cotton pads after showering.
Plant oils are your best friend if you suffer with sensitivity or skin conditions that cause inflammation such as roseacea, unless you have a nut allergy, almond oil may be the only product that doesn't aggravate your skin.
Of course there are many plant oils to choose from and they all have different advantages, but for me, almond oil keeps my skin moisturised, its not too thick, and its one of the cheapest oils available.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I use almond glow coconut body message oil has almond oil in it.. I use this for my legs after shower and they are super smooth love it

I use weleda almond oil because I read that it helped with dark circles. I am not sure if that is completley accurate, but what it does do is keep the under eye moist, which is in my case one of the reasons the circles show up. I have been using this for about two years now, only at night over a light cream and I think it makes my skin look great when I wake up. It is plumper and feels less dry. I am 50 years old and my skin, thanks to genectics and sun screen is wrinkle free. I take the almond oil everywhere with me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try Almond Oil because conventional moisturizers have failed to do what I need it to. I mix with Jojoba oil.

My Skin: I have very sensitive acne prone skin. I get breakouts on my jawline and cheeks as well as my back, shoulders, and chest. I also very easily get razor burn/ rashes after shaving and my skin can develop eczema if it gets to dry and irritated. (I know I'm so lucky.)

When I first started using this a moisturizer I broke out pretty bad for about a week and half. However, slowly but surely the acne on my face began to clear up and my skin texture was evening out. My skin was soft but not greasy. This was the best relief my skin has had in a year and half. I then began to use this on my eyes and the puffiness is reduced and my eyelashes have grown thicker.

I then decided to start using this on my body and it works better than any lotion I have ever tried. For the first time in my life I don't have a rash somewhere every day and I'm more confident in my skin.

I highly recommended almond oil for your skin issues only if you don't have a nut allergy. This stuff is amazing and I will never spend my money on lotions and creams ever again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

work well to condition my hair

I used almond oil when I was pregnant. I would apply it before a shower rub it over breasts , stomach, hips thighs and bum then wash with soap as normal even doing that left a good level of oil on the skin. I didn't get one single stretch mark and I put on alot of weight as well , so was very glad I used it. I read somewhere that Jerry Hall did it with all her pregnancies and recommended it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For very dry skin, use it before taking a bath, the steam/water takes off the excess and it helps the skin stay soft afterwards too.

I have begun using it on my baby. It is the perfect consistency for oil massaging babies, which relaxes them. Very hyper babies usually need some massaging especially around shoulders and the legs. There are some specific methods which are apparently good for the muscles, which I was taught but i couldn't find a good oil to use.

Body butters were too thick. Jojoba absorbed too quickly to be much use, olive was too thick, coconut too greasy... but the almond oil is so thin/slick, but absorbs well too, it works the best from all the oils I have used for the baby.
I like it for hair treatments left in for a few hours, my hair looks very shiny afterwards. I mix castor + olive + almond oil. It also looks nice used sparingly after blowdrying, same effect as a glossing gel.

Popular Hair Products