Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture

4.5

on 5/3/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

very nice smell, sweet and girly, but at the same time very sexy and definitely more mature than the first viva la juicy. Not the typical 'lovely girly' but more of a sexy deeper kind of smell. I can smell the caramel a lot on my skin a lot. The only con can be the longevity, I have to spray a lot to make it last, but it's nothing new viva la juicy perumes...over all I love this perfume and would repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yum yum yum. This is my second favorite perfume of all time, and my boyfriend loves it too. Sweet, slightly fruity, not at all subtle, sultry, sexy...need I say more? I had a travel size of this and recently was gifted a full size bottle...within two weeks I picked up a second Juicy scent because I have grown to like them so much. The bottle is gorgeous too...when I run out I will definitely be holding on to it. If you like sweet and long lasting scents then this is absolutely worth sampling.

on 1/16/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a sweet perfume. I tend to buy oriental fragrances and I love vanilla, so it's common for me to fall for gourmands. For reference, some of my favorite eau de parfums are Bryant Park and New Haarlem from Bond No. 9, Jo Malone's Blue Agave & Cacao, and Indult Tihota. I also love Black Opium, a smooth, creamy, coffee and patchouli scent. Occasionally I go for something less sweet. I own some fragrances that are woody and unisex, and recently I swooned over a sample of Jo Malone's Sorrel & Lemon Thyme because the herbal and citrus notes were so simple and clean, in the same vein as Lime, Basil and Mandarin. On rare occasions I find a rose or gardenia scent that I like but those feel formal and outspoken to me, so I wear them for specific occasions. I can't wear strong florals without risking a headache. I wasn't crazy about the original Viva La Juicy fragrance. It is a fruity floral adored by many but nothing I was ever tempted to purchase. But I love Gold Couture.

I am fond of all the notes in this blend. The top notes are berries, the heart notes are honeysuckle and jasmine, and the basenotes are sandalwood, amber, caramel, and vanilla.

With perfume, you always have to see how something works with your body's chemistry. It's often tricky buying fragrance for others because of this - Calvin Klein's Euphoria smells amazing on my friend and not nearly as amazing on me. But Gold Couture is a wonderful fit for me. The drydown is most noticeably honeysuckle, caramel, and vanilla, with a hint of amber and woods and the other notes are not as obvious. It is warm and comforting and sweet, and harmonizes well with my skin. It's not a loud scent that annoys others. However, it is sweet, so if that's not your thing, get a nice chypre.

At first I wasn't sure about the longevity. After a few hours I don't notice it on myself, but it seems that others can if they get close to me. I can certainly smell it on my clothes the next day when I gather my shirts to be laundered. Bond No. 9 scents are very long-lasting, and that's one of the reasons I gravitate toward that brand. The Jo Malones are fleeting compared to Bond. Viva La Juicy Gold Couture seems to be in between those two.

Viva La Juicy's packaging is not exactly my taste. I like the crest on the Gold Couture bottle but the word "Couture" is in a cake frosting font in hot pink, similar to the typeface used on a Barbie dream house I saw at Toys R Us. I have mixed feelings about the black dot netting bow on the neck of the bottle. I can't decide whether it's cool shabby chic or plain tacky. Ultimately, I go by how a perfume smells and not whether the bottle is elegant enough, but I will say Bond No. 9's star-shaped bottles are more pleasing to the eye.

Yes, I'd buy this again, although the eau de parfum is more expensive than the bottle would lead one to believe. Sephora's price is $94 for 3.4 ounces, but I've seen it for less from various online vendors.

on 7/30/2016 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A beautiful soft gourmand scent.If you're someone that likes Fancy, Black Opium you'll love this one. Not very long lasting though so took one lippie off. Beautiful packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I recently blind purchased this perfume and absolutely adore it! It smells vaguely like the original Viva La Juicy (which I didn't care for) but comes across as deeper and more sophisticated. It dries down to this awesome caramel/vanilla musk that is just heavenly! I took off one lippie because the lasting power is quite weak...only 2-3 hours on me which is slightly disappointing. I'd suggest a travel size atomizer of this for your purse if you're going out.

on 12/29/2015 12:18:00 PM

OH MY!!
this is my signature scent! everyone compliments me when I wear this. Even my boyfriend loves it, he says it's his favourite perfume that I wear! I will put this on in the day and I can wake up in the morning and still smell it. I think it's a sexy perfume, everyone I meet just seems to love it. i'm not a huge fan of the bottle, I think it looks rather trashy! it is a very sweet perfume but not sweet as in its for teenagers kind of sweet. I will forever be re-purchasing this perfume.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Viva La Juicy is my all time favorite perfume - very fruity and delicious. I have never gotten more compliments on any perfume as I get when I was wearing VLJ. I was looking online for a perfume that smells like Vanilla/Caramel/Cupcakes because I own SO many Vanilla/Cupcake lotions and body sprays but I wanted something to pair them with for better longevity. Then I remembered I owned this! I forgot about it because the lid somehow fell off in my purse so I stopped using it but I found a new lid to spray it and instantly fell in love. The first thing that comes to mind when I spray this is warmth. It just reminds me of being cozied up to a warm fireplace while christmas cookies are baking. LOL. Although this smells nothing like christmas cookies, while I was wearing this somebody told me that I smelt like a Cinnabon! and thats where the Vanilla and Caramel notes come in. It is slightly fruity but more musky with that delicious Vanilla warmth. I prefer this over Pink Sugar any day but WARNING it is very sweet. I can see how this could give some people a headache. I on the other hand love sickeningly sweet smells so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I pair this with my Pink Cupcake lotion and body spray that I get at Lovers Package and I literally smell like I just walked out of a bakery. I also use this with my Vanilla Bean Noel lotion from Bath and Body Works and its just phenomenal.

on 12/10/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I liked this but it’s so soft that I can’t imagine spending even $10 on this much less $90!! It’s a pretty light vanilla caramel scent with a hint of flowers. I sprayed 4 heavy sprays on my wrist and literally an hour later it was barely detectable on me. The scent dried down to a very soft vanilla with a hint of caramel. Very disappointed in the longevity of this! I’ve had body sprays that run circles around this.

on 7/17/2015 2:56:00 PM

This is my fall/winter signature, I'd only pull this out when the weather is cool. It's warmer than the regular Viva La Juicy, more mature. More caramel, less fruit. The sillage and longevity are better too. But they are still very similar smelling. I finished my bottle of Viva La Juicy and replaced it with this. I would rate this scent 4.5...I'd take off half a lippie because I'd like it to project and last all day instead of just 6-7 hours, but I have figured out a way around it...I layer it over Victoria Secret's 'Sexy Little Things Noir Tease' lotion and body spray, then I spray this scent on my clothes and hair as well. It's never overpowering, I get compliments on it. Even my friends who don't normally like sweet scents don't mind this one and even asked me for a spritz. It's not super-sweet like La Vie Est Belle or Flowerbomb, there is a freshness to this one. I'm so happy that Juicy Couture fragrances are virtually unknown in my country, so I get to make this scent my own.

on 4/5/2015 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Actually, I was looking for VLJ Noir because I want to have a fresh, fruity scent since my perfume collections are mostly gourmand scents. But when I tried VLJ Gold Couture on my wrist, I love it! It was love at first sniff. It smells fresh & fruity at the beginning, hence the wild berries on the top notes. Then, it changed to yummy caramelish scent. 5 next hours, I sniffed a yummy caramel & vanilla scent, and I found out that the scent comes from my wrist. OMG the dry down smells heavenly. I will definitely buy again.

Popular Fragrances