NEST Fragrances Midnight Fleur

NEST Fragrances Midnight Fleur

3.2

This was the first perfume I chose for my monthly subscription with Scentbird. It was recommended because of its floral notes and "sexy" personality. When I first sprayed this, I was horrified! It smelled so strong and musky, exactly like an old lady perfume. A few minutes later, I smelled it again and it had settled down to a somewhat pleasant scent. It was only at this point that I could identify the florals. I think that a little bit goes a long way with this perfume, and that it is definitely for an older audience. I used it twice just to be sure. It doesn't smell terrible once it dies down, but it's definitely not for me (only 22 years old).

on 11/23/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am a vanilla fragrance girl. I've got dozens of different vanilla varieties. I wish I would remember to wear them daily cause at the rate I'm going they are all going to go bad, but I digress.

Saw this beautiful battle on qvc and was quite mesmerized. It's a beautiful blue flower. So pretty. Midnight fleur is the vanilla scent. It's notes are : exotic woods, black amber, patchouli, night blooming jasmine, and vanilla orchid. It's more complex than my usual vanilla scents. But still pretty. I like it but prefer straight true vanilla scents. But great for anyone who wants something different.

on 6/29/2015 4:11:00 PM

I bought three mini rollerballs of Nest fragrances from Sephora and have been trying to decide whether to return or not. First off, the packaging is gorgeous. I am currently wearing the Midnight Fleur and it starts out with a very strong play - doh note, which I don't mind, entirely. It is a soft somewhat powdery fragrance, with no headache or sneezing. It is a classy smelling scent, probably better for winter. I think the name is misleading, it's not very floral to me, which is a good thing. My favorite of the three is definitely Indigo, but I also think it could have a more suitable name; there is nothing blue to me about this fragrance. The Passiflora is wretched, gave me a wicked headache, hence my dilemma of whether to keep the three or not. The price was right for these given how much they are charging for full bottles, so I will probably keep these and enjoy the two good ones. It's hard to find perfume with any lasting power these days, and these have it.
A few days later: Just back to say that the one I referred to as Passiflora, is actually Paradise, a very shrill orange scent. Also, upon further wearing, the Midnight Fleur has really grown on me. I will keep the others and gift the Paradise. Look for best deals on ebay.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

In the store I loved the scent but once I got it home to use I was disgusted. Smells rotten.

on 9/29/2016 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a new fall/winter fragrance for months. I remember the hype over Nest's miniature set but for some reason I never tried the scents until today. Midnight Fleur was the first I tried and was instantly in love. It's a warm, vanilla, sweet fragrance that mellows out into the woodsy almost masculine notes before finishing as a classic smelling floral.

On me, the florals do soften after a few hours of wear into a powdery soft finish that reminds me of a fragrance my mom used to wear, (CK Obsession maybe?) but it doesn't give me the older woman vibe that so many powdery fresh perfumes (like some of the Chanels) have.

The packaging is wonderful and the bottle is just gorgeous. This should last me a while since I only plan on wearing it in the cooler months and I'm glad I purchased.

on 2/14/2016 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Although I love perfume and have a nice size collection, I am definitely not any good at describing fragrance and do not necessarily have a "sophisticated nose." I just buy what smells good to me/ on me and I'm definitely not into body spray or "cheaper" fragrance. That being said, I think this is a very complex fragrance, which some may disagree. I got a sample and loved it, but didn't run right out and buy it. I did a lot of research here and there and I was put off by so many negative reviews. Not because I didn't think I would like it, but for fear of wearing an offensive perfume lol. I finally broke down and asked my husband to pick it up for me as a gift.

So this is what I think, this fragrance, more than any other I've ever worn or have done "review research" on, changes drastically depending on personal body chemistry. Everyone seems to describe it differently and the experiences on perceived silage and longevity vary from person to person. For example, a review below compared this to Flower Bomb and I do not think it smells anything anywhere near Flower Bomb in the slightest.

I think on the whole, it's not an offensive fragrance like you are going to knock people over as you walk by. I'm the type of person that can wear just about anything and it not change very much. This however changes almost instantly on my skin from what it smells like in the bottle. I find it lovely and totally non offensive, mysterious, different, soft and sexy. If someone was close enough to smell it on me, I would think they would find it unique and different, classy and sophisticated. My husband really likes it and I do too, so that's what matters the most for me.

My main reason for writing this review is to express this opinion. I think if you caught a whiff of this and loved it, buy it and don't worry about what others might think and ignore any degrading comments in reviews (the ones on Sephora can get down right mean.) Fragrance is a personal choice, just because it doesn't mix with some other persons chemistry doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you :) Just try a sample before you buy.

I do love this scent.
its fresh, warm and sexy. don't really smell the vanilla.. more of a floral to me...

on 4/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I do not get this fragrance. To me, it's offensively strong, giving me headache and stopping me from breathing even. When I wear it, I feel like everybody in the room can smell it, and I live in fear that I might suffocate someone when taking the elevator with them... BUT.... I don't understand why, nobody else smells it as strong as I do. I even get compliments on it! WTF? One day, I went at work and I thought that everybody could smell it and that it might be offensive, so I asked a coworker, and she had to get her nose in my neck to smell it, and thought it smelled great...

I guess it does not agree with my nose, but that others might like it, so that why I decided to rate ot three lippy even if for me, it's a one lippy.

By the way, to me it smells like Flowerbomb or Jean-Paul Gaultier Classique Intense, strong and powerful.

on 1/1/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First off, the bottle is absolutely beautiful, it just drew me in. What I love most about this fragrance is every note I smell seems so natural and not the least bit synthetic, so although it's a bold fragrance it's not headachey. It's sweet but not gourmand sweet, although I smell vanilla I also smell floral and woods. I think they all blend together beautifully but I can understand why some might not find it as enticing as some. At first I thought the fragrance was kinda odd, but the more I sniffed it on my wrist the more I loved it. I think it's very long lasting with moderate silage, and although it's pretty expensive, it's definitely one of my favorites. If you like "dark" and bold scents as much as I do, try this one!

on 1/6/2015 12:16:00 AM

This a amazing scent I recommend trying a sample! I also love how long it last. Another great thing is this scent doesn't change on me throughout the day, it's the same scent I put on in the morning till night.

Popular Fragrances