3.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

I was lucky enough to have this as a sample because it didn't do anything! It was very oily when i was touching it it didn't absorbed from my face it was like i had butter on my face. Also it didn't calm my redness or my irritations neither hydrated my face. I noticed a huge pimple after two days of using it. I have to mention how pollite the girls from kiehls are and how helpful. Im definitely sure im not going to purchase it!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I love this and keep buying it because it moisturizes my dry skin which NOTHING other than Nars does, but at half the price. it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy and does seem to calm my skin quite a bit. I took a lippie off because I suspect it makes me break out after a week or so of continued use, so I switch it up and have no issues. everything makes me break out and it's minor enough that I don't think it'll do this to most people.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I bought this product back in January it is now April and my skin has definitely improved. i have extremely oily skin and I have quite a few blemishes but I started to notice certain parts of my face were becoming flakey and dry so I tryed the skin rescuer. The ladies in the shop were very helpful and I now have no dry patches. I wear it at night and before I put on my makeup and it feels beautiful. I honestly don't know what people mean when they say it's like rubbing butter on your face although sometimes it doesn't feel like it is soaking into the skin it does work and if you don't like that then maybe don't wear it during the day. However I love this product but if it's a bit pricey for your liking you could go to the body shop and purchase the vitimin E moisturiser.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0

4 years ago

This is fine for use at night but not particularly soothing and I still prefer my good old Body Shop Vitamin E Intense cream, which costs way less.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

It didn't soothe nor calm my face. It is too rich and it didn't absorb & sits on top of my hypoallergenic combination skin. Feels like spreading some butter on my skin. lol. It is more like skin disaster than skin rescuer. Wasted my money on this. Too bad.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I work in a mall that has a Kiehl's shop, so I am lucky to have ready access to their advice and their samples. I think the first time I tried this was for a red patch on my eyelid that was starting to raise up and scale. I have always had very reactive skin, and have an autoimmune disorder. My skin can develop rashes for reasons I can't determine, and they can worsen, and last months or even years. My eyelids are one location on my body where this has happened, so I was extremely worried to wake up one morning to this rash spot. The Kiehl's SA recommended this lotion. I just applied it as a spot treatment, and within 2-3 days, the spot was gone. I have used it a couple of times since then, including from a rash that developed from chafing from a garment, rashes that were probably from environmental factors or stress, and yesterday, on a fresh burn (removing lunch from the toaster oven) that was hurting, and was getting further irritated by my work sweater. Within an hour of yesterday's application, the burn stopped hurting. I'm a little surprised that my skin likes this so much, as I am allergic to chamomile if I ingest it, but this seems to be fine. My skin has always responded well to rose. I can't recall if this has aloe, which would have soothed the burn, but at any rate, it works very well as a soothing treatment for itchy, burning, dry, rough or red spots on my skin. It would never occur to me to use it as an all-over moisturizer, so I can't speak to that, but as a spot treatment for bad irritations, I would certainly recommend it. It is expensive, but it works better than anything else I have tried from the health food store, or the conventional drug store, and a miniscule dab goes a long way.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

5 years ago

This lotion is okay in that it is not irritating to sensitive skin. On the other hand, for those in need of intense moisture, this is not sufficient enough to moisturize, especially in the dead of winter. This does nothing to prevent flakes or redness due to dryness. I personally would not repurchase this because it lacks the wow factor I am looking for, but I am sure for those with truly sensitive skin, this would be a great alternative.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I have somewhat sensitive skin that's on the drier side. This cream is perfect for me. It's very hydrating, not too heavy, absorbs quickly and has no fragrance. I probably wouldn't use this if my skin was on the oily side but if your skin is dry and you're looking for a basic cream that really moisturizers without being greasy or heavy, this may be the thing for you.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

I have combination oily skin sometimes dehydrated which can make my skin look rough, blotchy with large pores. I was looking for a product that would plump up my skin and help soothe the redness during the night as I sleep so I gave this a go even though it was expensive AND it did not work for me..in fact i think it is responsible for these newly clogged pores and blackheads around my forehead and chin!!! UGH . Wanted to love this so much, including the packaging, love the pump bottle, it's great for travelling but it's just not doing anything for me. It sits on top of my skin, even if I use half a pump it just makes me greasy as hell within 30 minutes. I would never use his during the day and I really want my money back haha. I think the shea butter in this may be too rich for me. Oh well.. guess I will be going back to Celestial from Lush..

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

A very effective moisturiser for my dry skin. Highly recommended although like all Kiehl's products it is quite expensive.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age56 & Over