Garnier Express 2 in 1 eye makeup remover

Garnier Express 2 in 1 eye makeup remover
Express 2 in 1 eye makeup removerExpress 2 in 1 eye makeup removerExpress 2 in 1 eye makeup remover

3.5

Ingredients (in Canada):AQUA, ISODODECANE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, UNDECANE, ARGININE, CI 60725, CITRIC ACID, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, OCTYLDODECYL XYLOSIDE, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TRIDECANE. (F.I.L. C176875/1)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really disappointed with this. Using it was a hassle as I found I had to keep shaking the bottle - almost constantly - in order for the two ingredients to stay mixed. Within seconds of setting the bottle down, they'd started to separate again so it was back to more shaking for any follow-up uses.

In terms of actual make-up removal, it took A LOT of product to remove waterproof mascara. I had to use around 3-4 soaked cotton rounds per eye to stand any chance of removing it fully. As a result it left my eyelids very sore and the consistency also made them feel very greasy too.

One positive was there was no discernible scent, which I personally prefer in make-up removal products, especially those which I use on my eyes.

The bottle is very small - you only get 125ml - and based on how much I had to use, it lasted me about 10 days, which in my opinion isn't value for money. I've used micellar water that's done a better job than this and for that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 7/15/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A so-so product. No smell, and looks after lashes as claimed. I haven't lost a lash after a month of use. It was only £2 on offer in Sainsbury's. Packaging is ok, the lid spatters product when you close it, and resultant leakage means that the front sticker is coming off with the oil. Bi-phase removers always look exciting, but when l'm in a rush l have to shake them which slows me down. And l need to use tons of this, and keep reapplying, so that's lots of annoying shaking. I wear bare minerals mascara, which although not waterproof, has a lot of tenacity, and eyeshadow/liner. The shadow/liner removes easily, but the mascara removal is really poor. Unless l soak it for ages, it just removes a grey colour and leaves behind nearly all of it on my lashes, which won't come off even with rubbing. Luckily l double cleanse so l get rid later in my routine, but it's a bit disappointing. You get what you pay for, folks!

on 10/9/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this eye makeup remover. It's super fast and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I must recommend to rinse well your face/eyes after using it cause it leaves an oily film behind.

I wouldn't say this is for sensitive skin/eyes as I end up itching and rubbing my eyes all day after using this and I've given it a fair chance (used half the bottle)

I find this is the best eye makeup remover I've used in a while...I don't have to scrub to get my liquid eye liner or mascara off my eyes...it takes little effort.
I do find if I put too much of it on the pad/cotton wool it can sting a bit so I don't use much of it!

on 3/7/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Please stay away from this product!!! I had such a severe allergic reaction! My eyelids swelled up; went red raw, flaky and itchy. I was in agony and I thought it was my normal eye makeup. I had to get a mild steroid cream on prescription. But when I resumed use it came back with a vengeance. I realised then that since switching to this eye makeup remover from Johnson & Johnson's that that was when the reaction began. The first time I went back to a previous remover it stopped immediately. The only way I can describe it on my skin was like acid! Please AVOID!!!!

on 2/21/2016 8:46:00 PM

If you can't pronounce 2 words in their regulated ingredients line up, know it's Toxic crap. Something to have if you want to impress snotty friends and family at a sleepover lol.

USE ORGANIC COCONUT OIL from your favorite grocers. Purchase dainty secured containers & start filling them & keep 1 in your purse, bathroom, makeup studio. Real/Organic (depending on what you feel like paying for) Coconut Oil Which doubles/triples to a sensual sex lube after you take off your stubborn makeup, shave your legs, rinse well & moisturize with it

on 2/21/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a reformulation from the old garnier 2 in 1 make up eye remover. The previous one was my HG and i was sad that my country stop selling that. Usually whenever a product change their formula everything goes downhill.
But im glad this one did not phew. To me it perform better than the previous version. It removes everything , including waterproof mascara. Do not leaves an oily residue like the previous version. No panda eyes or black stuff at the corner of the eyes after that. Best part , this does not sting my eyes. Will definitely buy again

I didn't like this remover as it took ages to take off my mascara(not waterproof) and I lost a few lashes every time. But also it contains ingredients that are forbidden in the EU since 2015 as they are believed to cause cancer and allergies. Threw it in the bin as soon as I found out.

on 1/8/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Eye make up remover I use most often. It does what it says it will. Removes mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc. Does not irritate eyes. It is a bit oily, so I often use toner or micellar water after. You have to keep cotton pad at the eye area for a few seconds, so it has time to dissolve make up. Does not cause loss of eyelashes (actually it claims it nourishes them - see box).
It is not perfect, but decent product if you wear make up daily and don't want to spend a lot of time removing it.