3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

This removes my eye makeup in seconds. I don’t use mascara, so I can’t comment on how it performs on that front, but I do wear tons of dark shadows and liners and this dissolves them in a swipe. It does not irritate my very sensitive eyes nor is it heavily scented, which is a big bonus. However, mixing the two phases is not as easy as you may think, the phases separate almost instantly so I need to shake the bottle while putting it on the pad, otherwise the phases will separate again. Weird and quite annoying. It also leaves an oily residue, so I need to rinse my eyes thoroughly. All in all, not too bad, but far from great. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

a month ago

I’ve been wearing eye makeup for over 50 years (!!!) and have, until now, never had a remover I’ve really liked, at any price. Either they required rubbing, or they stung, or my eyes were left with a blurry film. But this! I hated L’Oreal’s Lash Paradise Waterproof mascara, because I simply couldn’t find a remover that took it off until this. It is a dual phase formula, so has to be shaken—a small inconvenience for a product that WORKS with NO IRRITATION on my very sensitive eyes. I’m very surprised that it doesn’t have a higher rating here, and will read the reviews to see why, because I’ve used this now for over six months and love it as much as the first time.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

Really disappointed with this. Using it was a hassle as I found I had to keep shaking the bottle - almost constantly - in order for the two ingredients to stay mixed. Within seconds of setting the bottle down, they'd started to separate again so it was back to more shaking for any follow-up uses. In terms of actual make-up removal, it took A LOT of product to remove waterproof mascara. I had to use around 3-4 soaked cotton rounds per eye to stand any chance of removing it fully. As a result it left my eyelids very sore and the consistency also made them feel very greasy too. One positive was there was no discernible scent, which I personally prefer in make-up removal products, especially those which I use on my eyes. The bottle is very small - you only get 125ml - and based on how much I had to use, it lasted me about 10 days, which in my opinion isn't value for money. I've used micellar water that's done a better job than this and for that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase it.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

A so-so product. No smell, and looks after lashes as claimed. I haven't lost a lash after a month of use. It was only £2 on offer in Sainsbury's. Packaging is ok, the lid spatters product when you close it, and resultant leakage means that the front sticker is coming off with the oil. Bi-phase removers always look exciting, but when l'm in a rush l have to shake them which slows me down. And l need to use tons of this, and keep reapplying, so that's lots of annoying shaking. I wear bare minerals mascara, which although not waterproof, has a lot of tenacity, and eyeshadow/liner. The shadow/liner removes easily, but the mascara removal is really poor. Unless l soak it for ages, it just removes a grey colour and leaves behind nearly all of it on my lashes, which won't come off even with rubbing. Luckily l double cleanse so l get rid later in my routine, but it's a bit disappointing. You get what you pay for, folks!

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this eye makeup remover. It's super fast and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I must recommend to rinse well your face/eyes after using it cause it leaves an oily film behind.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

I wouldn't say this is for sensitive skin/eyes as I end up itching and rubbing my eyes all day after using this and I've given it a fair chance (used half the bottle)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I find this is the best eye makeup remover I've used in a while...I don't have to scrub to get my liquid eye liner or mascara off my eyes...it takes little effort. I do find if I put too much of it on the pad/cotton wool it can sting a bit so I don't use much of it!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

4 years ago

Please stay away from this product!!! I had such a severe allergic reaction! My eyelids swelled up; went red raw, flaky and itchy. I was in agony and I thought it was my normal eye makeup. I had to get a mild steroid cream on prescription. But when I resumed use it came back with a vengeance. I realised then that since switching to this eye makeup remover from Johnson & Johnson's that that was when the reaction began. The first time I went back to a previous remover it stopped immediately. The only way I can describe it on my skin was like acid! Please AVOID!!!!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

If you can't pronounce 2 words in their regulated ingredients line up, know it's Toxic crap. Something to have if you want to impress snotty friends and family at a sleepover lol. USE ORGANIC COCONUT OIL from your favorite grocers. Purchase dainty secured containers & start filling them & keep 1 in your purse, bathroom, makeup studio. Real/Organic (depending on what you feel like paying for) Coconut Oil Which doubles/triples to a sensual sex lube after you take off your stubborn makeup, shave your legs, rinse well & moisturize with it

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairRed

4 years ago

This is a reformulation from the old garnier 2 in 1 make up eye remover. The previous one was my HG and i was sad that my country stop selling that. Usually whenever a product change their formula everything goes downhill. But im glad this one did not phew. To me it perform better than the previous version. It removes everything , including waterproof mascara. Do not leaves an oily residue like the previous version. No panda eyes or black stuff at the corner of the eyes after that. Best part , this does not sting my eyes. Will definitely buy again

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure