4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Unfortunately I found this product not too long ago and it turns out that it has been discontinued as of December 2016. Out of the 4 Walgreens in my town, only 2 jars were remaining. It did sting ever so slightly the first two times that I used it but it didn't last very long and it didn't cause any irritation nor did it leave my skin red. I was however left with very soft skin and with a brighter complexion after just two uses. Update. It's been a week and my skin is so smooth, more even looking and definitely brighter. I'll be checking other walgreens when I'm traveling just incase they have any of these left of the shelves. Still loving this. I use this Mon-Thurs and take a break Fri, Sat, & Sunday otherwise my face will be slightly red as if I were in the sun a bit too long. My skin looks so much more better since using this. Very even in tone and texture. A jar wil last a very long time since it's kind of a thin constantly and doest take much for it to apply evenly onto the skin.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

This is an absolute drug store gem! I've been using it for about 2 years now, and I believe it's the secret behind my very smooth, youthful 45 year old skin! It's very reasonably priced and lasts a very long time! It did cause a slight irritation when I first started using it; a little stinging and some itchiness; but I noticed after those first few weeks, all I feel now is a refreshing little tingle after I apply it. It's quite moisturizing on its own, but I do like to massage a little rosehip oil into my skin about half an hour after applying it. I also don't feel the need to use it every night -- about 3 times a week is enough. Packaging is simple and no frills.. Would much rather a pump, but that is only a mild irk. I will continue to repurchase as long as it's available - which I pray is forever!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

I heard about this product on Youtube and since it's affordable gave it a try. In the past 5 years I have spent more wasted money going through products at both drug store and Sephora / Ulta higher end with false promises and products that made absolutely no difference. This cream is one of those rare finds that went beyond my expectation! My 48 year old skin feels better than it has in YEARS!!!! Many products are hyped up but THIS one makes my skin feel smooth (seriously I am amazed!!!) and brighter (my husband says it looked like I was glowing)... had no makeup on and just a brighter overall appearance. Not like a disco ball, oily sort of way... just a clearer beautiful feel and appearance overall. I am always in search of theeee wonder product, but I will look no more. I washed my face regular soap last night. I am done with the high end cleansers and all their claims because with this cream ... don't need it! I used a dime size of this cream before I went to bed. No need for moisturizer. My skin feels amazing. I will continue to repurchase this product and hope they never discontinue it!!!! Just give it a try and I bet you will see an immediate difference overnight like I did!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Alpha hydroxy acids have been my miracle skincare ingredient so I was excited to try this cream. Unfortunately it simply is not suited for my oily, acne prone skin. Something I've learned about my skin-type is that I'm definitely better off sticking to toners with alpha hydroxy acids out there. Lotions and creams with alpha hydroxy acids in them are typically suited for more mature, dry skin. In turn the formulas clog my pores. Studio 35 Beauty Face Cream with 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid is a guilty offender. Rather than throw it straight into the trash, I decided to see if it would work similar to Amlactin on my hands and feet. It really didn't. This cream balled up as I applied it and felt disgusting sitting on top of my skin. I won't repurchase. My only word of advice to those of you that do like this product is WEAR SUNSCREEN. I do NOT care if the 'only sun you get is sitting by a window or in your car'. UVA rays are still hitting you! Alpha hydroxy acids make skin more photosensitive, causing you to be more susceptible to sun damage.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Read some great reviews and decided to try it out myself, so glad that I did. This has got to be one of the best hidden secrets in Walgreens. I can't tell you how many times I overlooked this jar sitting on the bottom shelf. I used to use a Walgreens brand Vitamin E with Collagen Moisturizer that was fantastic and eventually discontinued. After that, I gave up looking for anything worthwhile with Walgreens generic brands in the beauty department. I have found this product very similar to the Alpha Hydroxy 12% Glycolic acid moisturizer, but that product was hard to tolerate more than once a week on my skin. I can use this product every night and it works wonders...no comedones or clogged pores, my pores are shrinking, my skin is super smooth and well moisturized, it is helping with discoloration from previous breakouts, as well as hyper pigmentation on my neck and chest, and best of all, this is great for KP on the back of my arms. Can't beat the $9.99/jar price tag and Walgreens throws this BOGO 50% off, all the time.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This has transformed my skin. It's moisturized, plumper and all around happy. My dark spots are fading and my pores are getting smaller. All of that with a store brand product. It beats any of the higher end products at their game. Seriously it can be compared to La Mer. My only issue is the scent. It kind of smells like glue. But for the price and what it does I will continue to use it. I use it only at night.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I JUST picked this up last week at Walgreens after considering buying it for a LONG time. I noticed on the label that it says, "7.8% aha in a 70 % solution. It used to be 8% AHA and now it's 7.8%?? I have contacted the company to ask why this is and am waiting to hear a reply. Will update once I do.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I wish I'd left this cream on the bottom shelf at WalGreens. I've used it for a month now, and have been breaking out with about one little pimple a week in places I don't normally get them. I thought it was normal purging, since I've been relatively pimple-free for the past few years. But this week, it's two pimples, side-by-side, of the cystic variety, and I can't use this on my face anymore. I wanted to like it, I tried to like it, and the scars it caused are fading quicker than acne scars usually do for me, probably because of the product. But I can't keep breaking out like this. So, I'll use it as a body cream until I've used it up, and then never think about it again! My skin is normal, slightly sensitive, a bit on the dry side. This didn't dry me out, didn't make me itch, I didn't even hate the scent because the scent fades pretty fast. I don't mind the jar packaging, I actually prefer that to pump bottles because they usually dispense too much or too little product. All those little things were fine for me. And those for whom this works, it is probably amazing. But it's a complete disaster for me!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

5 years ago

I've been using this for a week to try to help get rid of my hiperpigmentation/PIH. It seems like it's working! My dark spots look like they are fading. Also I've put this over my pimples and they reduced in size faster and quicker than acne creams I've used. I only use this at night and then I make sure to put on sunblock during the day. It has also made my skin feel smoother and softer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

HG moisturizer. You can feel it working. I use it as a nighttime moisturizer and I wake up in the morning with hydrated plumped skin. I like it better than anything I've tried and I have tried a lot!

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age56 & Over