e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Pearls

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Pearls

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

To be honest, I haven't used these yet, but they look exactly like the Guerlain Meteorites, which are expensive.

For only $8, even if these are just average I think it's worth the price. I got the darker "Natural" for the summerr and when combined, they are supposed to be a beige. color. I'll probably crush them into a powder and use a brush.

These aren't meant to give any color to your face, just to add a little something. When I had the Guerlain, the effect was VERY subtle, but nice. Just not nice enough to pay $50-80.

Maybe that's why some people don't like them. Once on your face, you can't really see much, but it just looks slightly better...well worth the very inexpensive price/

I'll probably get the lighter shade for winter.

on 3/8/2017 10:42:00 PM

This is a really weird product that I'm not really sure what to do with...all I know is it looked fun and I had to have it. I have it in "natural"...I wasn't aware there was a color correcting version and I'm not sure what the difference is. A few years ago I used mineral pearls by Avon, which I loved, and they were meant to be used as a blush/bronzer/highlighter...I guess I assumed these would be somewhat similar. Nope. First of all the Avon pearls were small-these balls are friggin massive-and always get stuck in my brush. The packaging said to apply as a sheer wash of color to cheeks or eyes...which would lead you to believe it would work as a blush or an eyeshadow....but it doesn't add any color that I can see. So I swirled and applied all over as a finishing powder...and it works fine as such...but it adds SO much sparkle. I'm fine with shimmer, I like shimmer....but this is to the point where it's a bit embarrassing...I felt like I had sparkles all over my face. Cute product though...just wish I could find a use for it...

I've never used a color-correcting powder before, so I was excited to try these. You need to be a little careful with your brush -- the pearls sometimes get caught in the bristles, so you have to take care not to fling them out of the pot! The powder itself is really nice -- brightens without being glittery, evens out my skin, and doesn't look cakey or chalky at all. I'm really impressed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is amazing for the price point - I got the colour correcting pearls from iHerb having no idea what to expect. WELL. I've found a new HG product is what!

The pearls are INCREDIBLE and give you a dewy finish without a glitter bomb. The pearls are quite dusty so you only need one swipe (I use a powder brush from Real Techniques). I have tried the Hourglass Ambient Palette but wow I am obsessed with this. Most powders look like crap on me due to my dry skin, but this is cheap and so good.

It makes you look like you're wearing a highlight even when you're not. I can't rate it enough. I'll keep track of how long it lasts with daily use and report back!

The packaging is interesting on this. You open the Baggie of pearlescent multiple colored balls in a reusable plastic tub I mean I think I could re use of which is neat elf always thinks of evthing! There's nothing holding the balls in the container so be careful not to get too wild w ur brush. I use an elf blush brush w the slanted beveled bristles (the black studio brush), I have natural but I hesitated to buy the color correcting pearls coz they are $8 ea. so I wanted to just kind of get my feet wet coz elf doesn't accept returns but I'd like to buy the a back up of this + the tone correcting pearls. This makes a good finishing powder it's dewy beautiful sheer sheen not a glitter bomb. Very interesting product nothing in the DS even remotely like this! Elf is a mover & a shaker I bet you'd be surprised how many ppl use it & look like a million bucks w a few $2 items! And elf is cruelty free! Awesome price point, meh website it gets the job done but it's emptied my cart oit spontaneously a few times & I had over 30 items in my cart one time omg I was so PO I was mad at elf I'm just getting over it but I can't be mad ag such good products! It takes 7-8 days to receive an order from website.

on 2/22/2015 5:34:00 PM

For the price, this is not the worst, but there are definitely better color correcting powders out there. I have both the "natural" pearls which are supposed to make a glow and the "color correcting" pearls which are supposed to even skin tone. So far, I have only tried the color correcting pearls, but it is not my favorite. It has too many sparkles for my taste and the pigmentation is moderate at best. I would not repurchase this.

on 9/10/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

So I'm an NW45 and picked the Natural one up at the last 40% off sale. For me this is a good finishing powder....and that's it. It doesn't give me a "glistening sheer wash of color" well it is sheer,leaves no white cast on me, but it doesn't impart any kind of glisten. Bottom line, I apply it with their really great kabuki brush and I like it as a finishing powder. I'm glad I got on sale and I'm not sure I'll purchase it again if available (it came out as limited edition).

EDIT 10/13/2014 I will Definitely not be re-purchasing this. I have a feeling in this instance you get what you pay for, so I'm going try the Guerlain next. I downgrading from 3 to 2 stars, becuse it really is just meh.