Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque

3.7

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I use this as a deep conditioner. A staple in my hair care routine.

on 7/12/2018 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ok, here we go..am pleasantly surprised with the results this mask gave me. On paper their products are amazing, yet to find a s/c from that works on my fine hair without weighing it down. Tried quite a few and none worked, Browsing through Harmon picked up a trail packet for 2.99. It is a very very thick cream washes off very easily without issues. Gave me the soft silky hair, am super surprised...did not expect these results. For a drugstore brand this mask is fabulous. ..
Update*** the second time I used this did not get the same results. Thank goodness it was a sachet and not a tub..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My hair is fine but abundant, dry/damaged from highlighting and coloring. It made my hair super frizzball and I didn't see really any positive effects from this masque. Also, it broke me out on the back of my neck/behind my ears/hairline. I Can't use any SM products because they have so much coconut oil and break me out. Much prefer Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator Mask and the Redken Extreme Mega Mask that's the tube inside a tube.

on 1/2/2018 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was so disappointed in this mask. For the record, my hair is short, fine and heavily highlighted. I used it after Olaplex one week and my hair felt fuzzy after it dried, like it was coated but not really moisturized. I like other SM products but this one I threw out. Bummer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I am literally obsessed with Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey line- I use the shampoo, body wash, hair fragrance spray and this. I use the Hair Masque as a conditioner (I don't like the regular conditioner). This is sooooo hydrating and luxurious and smells amazing. The texture is rich and buttery and you really feel like your hair is soaking up all the moisture. I leave this in my hair for 5 minutes while I'm showering and then use a detangling brush to comb through and rinse it out. I have highlights and usually my hair looks fried but this helps keep it hydrated and shinier than it's ever been.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my fav deep conditioners of all time. For those who don't like it: it might be because you have too much build up on your hair for the ingredients to penetrate. Clarify first! Its quite rich, which is great for my super-curly, dry hair. for me, it has incredible slip because my hair is dry but healthy, so has few tangles. ( so healthy that I don' need silicones to plastic wrap each strand.) A HG for me! So, if your hair is simply dry and free of heavy buildup, then grab this.

on 9/13/2016 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Did not work for me. I love most of Shea Moisture's products, but this mask didnt make the cut. My hair profile: Very long, very thick, straight. I do use heat tools often.

This is very thick and waxy feeling and leaves my hair not so moisturized as I hoped and instead left it feeling coated in a film or wax. When I brush my hair, my hair does not slip through the bristles like when im using other hair masks. My hair is not as soft, full and manageable. I prefer other hair masks from Shea Moisture like from the Jamaican Castor Oil line(my favorite), Coconut&Hibicus line, and Tahitian Noni&Monoi.

Maybe it's because there is wax in this? Or the honey that makes my hair disagree with me. Honey treatments never worked for me anyways. I bought this on a whim to try other things. At least this smells good like honey and flowers. I wont repurchase.

I really, really like this mask! My hair is waist length, wavy, and I'm a natural blond but because I wanted to be lighter my hair got so dry from bleaching. So, when I saw this at Sally's I wanted to try it as I really like honey in hair and skincare. It's a natural humectant so it really draws in moisture and locks it into the skin or hair. So with this mask I use an old conditioner tub and mix Monoi oil and this mask I mix the 2 together till blended. I shampoo but I also use Monoi before as a pre treatment before I shampoo. Then I rinse and get as much water out of my hair. Apply this with the Monoi I tie my hair up and shave and do the rest of my shower.

Once I rinse and my hair starts to dry I could feel a huge difference in how my hair felt. It was so dry and brittle but now it's so much softer and gets less tangles. My hair is much softer and shinier. I always leave this in as long as I can and it also helps keep my hair from getting super poofy! My hair is so terrible to keep under control and this mask gives my hair some weight which it desperately needs. It's also helped me cut back on styling time and i need less products to keep it behaving.

This mask works for my hair and I think it works even better since I add the Monoi oil to it as well. I think any oil would go well when your hair is this dry and damaged. So for me I like this product a lot and you get a decent amount for the price. I'm so happy how my hair is in much better condition thanks to it. Recommended.

on 8/20/2016 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Finally, a hair mask that works well for my hair! I have thick, wavy hair that needs is in occasional need of extra moisture. The problem is that some conditioners/hair masks don't condition my hair enough, while others overdo it. This is not at all the case with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque. I found this at Ulta, and what a gem it is. It smells delicious-it's hard to describe the scent, but it's something like honey and vanilla. The ingredients are mostly natural and safe for regular use. I use it whenever I feel my hair could use extra moisture, usually once a week. It has a thick, smooth consistency that easily applies to my hair (I apply mid-length through ends, concentrating on the ends). I leave it on for a few minutes and rinse out. It has incredible slip and leaves my hair nicely hydrated and healthy. It would work well for thicker, drier hair types.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not a huge fan of Shea Moisture. If you have hair that responds best to plant based ingredients, go for it. My hair however tends to love silicones more. None of the other Shea Moisture products have worked for me due to this. It is all strictly silicone free.

With that being said, I do like this mask. When I first applied I kept thinking about how coated and stiff my hair felt. It was like applying room temperature coconut oil. But after a few minutes under a processing cap, it started to soften and I could feel my hair becoming moisturized. I rinsed it out after 30 minutes.

The results? Well, I can definitely tell it added some moisture. But it's nothing remarkable. I really need that extra slip that silicones offer. I think I will finish the tub by using it only after Olaplex treatments when I need solely moisture added back into my hair (Olaplex active is somewhat drying despite undoing damage). I did notice that my hair took longer to dry after using this conditioning masque, which leads me to believe hair is better moisturized because it is retaining more hydration from water and oils.

Overall, I'd rate it 3 out of 5 lippies. I probably won't repurchase.